Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 CEG Employment Networking - 08/05/05 03:24 PM
This type of thread has appeared more frequently and appears to be a positive thing. CEG was founded upon the concept of helping others. We can apply that principal here in CI to employment. As a trial, and to begin with, please keep it to positions available only. Once we figure out how this operates we'll consider adding "I need a (higher paying, more vacation, slacker type) job posts." Just a few guidelines:

1. Keep it on topic
2. keep it serious (ie, legal)
3. Keep it genuine
4. Include basic details (Field, Location, minimum requirements)
5. Specific (use your judgement) details, follow up meetings and interview arrangements should be kept to PM's or eMail.

We'll try this for while and see how it goes.

Please post here with questions or comments. Better yet, help each other out and post about opportunities.

Mark
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/05/05 09:44 PM
Maybe a format for this? Edit if you would like:

Employer:

Job Location:

Job Description:

Job Field/Market:

Hours/FT/PT:

Job Requirements:

Pay(if known):

Benefits(if known):

Additional Comments:

Posted By: CSVT985 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/05/05 09:48 PM
And to get this ball rolling....

Employer: Nokia

Job Location: Roanoke, Tx (very close to Dallas/Ft. Worth)

Job Description: Cell Phone Refurbisher

Job Field/Market:Electronics/Cell phone industry

Hours/FT/PT: FT: 8a - 5p or 3p to 11p M-F and some Sat.

Job Requirements: High school graduate with at least some knowledge of how to operate a cell phone.

Pay(if known): $8.50 starting (varies on experience)

Benefits(if known): N/A at this time. I imagine some form of medical is offered.

Additional Comments:

It was my cousin who got hired. He just moved here 2 days ago and was hired. The contact is a close friend of my dads and through the grapevine I have learned they are looking for many more. Good for local DFW area ppl needing work.

Posted By: sigma Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/05/05 11:54 PM
This one is slightly different as it doesn't apply to a particular position but to a variety of constantly open ones....

I'm going to list 2 seperate descriptions, one for Management, one for Scheduled (Union) employees.

Employer: BNSF Railway

Job Location: Various Locations in 19 States, all West of the Mississippi

Job Description: Varied Management positions.

Job Field/Market: Transportation -- Railroads

Hours/FT/PT: Full-Time (and then some)

Job Requirements: At least a Bachelor's. Major not particularly important but Engineer's (BS') preferred. No previous work experience necessary.

Pay(if known): Approx $55,000+ to start

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits at Competitive Prices, 401K, Railroad Retirement (in lieu of Social Security). Probably the best benefits available outside of the military.

Additional Comments:
Not for the faint of heart, most positions in the railroad industry are for those who are definitely willing to work for their money. It is a 24/7 work environment and your schedule will be anything but 9-to-5. It is a high stress, high responsibility work environment. But you are well-rewarded with pay, benefits, and job security.

Additional info can be found at http://www.bnsf.com
Posted By: sigma Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/06/05 12:02 AM
Employer: BNSF Railway

Job Location: Various Locations; 19 States West of the Mississippi

Job Description: Various Union Positions.

Mechanical -- Maintaining Locomotives and Freight Cars
Engineering -- Maintaining Bridges and Rail Infrastructure
Transportation -- Operating Locomotives

Job Field/Market: Transportation -- Railroad

Hours/FT/PT: Full-Time + Overtime as Needed. Union Position Only.

Job Requirements: High School Education. No previous work experience necessary.

Pay(if known): Varies.

Mechanical -- Starting at Approx $20/hr
Engineering -- Starting at Approx $20/hr
Transportation -- Starting at $65,000/yr

All come with Benefits Packages of approx $22,000/year

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits available at extremely minimal costs (depending on craft). Railroad retirement in lieu of Social Security (better benefits and more secure). Some crafts are offered 401k and other incentives per Union-negotiated contracts.

Additional Comments:
24/7 Work Environment. And, as a new guy, you'd probably be working the worst shift. But with just a high school education you'd be hard-pressed to find a better paying job. The work can be extremely strenuous and, if needed, overtime can be forced.

Additional information can be found at http://www.bnsf.com
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/06/05 10:27 PM

Employer: Mazda

Job Location: Tallahassee Fl

Job Description: Detailer/Porter

Hours/FT/PT: Full Time

Pay(if known): 10/hr or 75 cents/mile

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits

Additional Comments: Zoom-Zoom

Posted By: TBoomer Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/06/05 10:47 PM
Employer: Intier Automotive (Magna subsidiary)

Job Location: Excelsior Springs, MO

Job Description:Assembler of seating systems for the Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, and Mercury Mariner

Job Field/Market:Automotive

Hours/FT/PT: FT- Either 5:30 AM or 5:30 PM depending on seniority. Average shift runs anywhere from 10-12 hours

Job Requirements: HS diploma or GED, assembly line experience

Pay(if known): Normal pay is $19.00/hr, but due to our new union contract , new hires are paid $1 less/hour for their first 6 months, and $.50/hr their second 6. After 12 mos. they are full scale.

Benefits(if known): Full medical, dental, vision at no cost, 401(k) with employer match at 50% of the first 4% of employee contribution. No charge life insurance up to 3 years' salary.

Additional Comments: It's a good job with good people to work with (not counting the requisite lazy ass union workers. Every union shop comes with them standard). Those that do work are a joy. Great benefits, excellent pay, and plenty of time off (2 week shut-down in July, 10 day shut-down over X-Mas/New Year, plus 2 weeks vac. and 2 weeks call in time.)

If you are in the market for a job in the KC area, shoot me off a PM. I'm not sure if they plan to hire soon, but I know they are accepting applications.

Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/07/05 08:48 PM

Employer: Uno Chicago Grill

Job Location: Northville, MI

Job Description: Server

Job Field/Market: Restaruant/Food

Hours/FT/PT: Mon-Fri 11am-5pm

Job Requirements: Highschool diploma

Pay(if known): $4.85 + tips

Benefits(if known): N/A

Additional Comments: Fast paced environment. Keeps you going throughout the day.

Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/07/05 09:38 PM
I'm gonna call it now and say that if all that is posted here are local jobs paying minimum wage, this thread isn't going to make it far...

perhaps an "employment advice" thread about how to plan/manage a career, get into a certain field, etc. might be a little more helpful...
Posted By: Static Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/07/05 10:37 PM
Employer: Cox Communications

Job Location: Check www.cox.com for locations

Job Description: Field Service

Job Field/Market: Digital Communications (IE. Cable Tv, High Speed Internet, and Digital telephone or Voice or IP depending on Location.)

Hours/FT/PT: Full Time Only shift varies by location.

Job Requirements: Valid Drivers License and High School Graduate. Must pass a Drug Test and Physcial.

Pay(if known): $10.45 in Oklahoma, but higher is almost all over locations.

Benefits(if known): All Services offered by Cox are free. Insurance and many many others including Discounts through all major Auto makers.

Additional Comments: 75% of the job is performed outside in all weather conditions with limited to no supervision. Must climb poles up to and over 30ft. Some Gaffing requried. May work with up to 90v AC depending on Telephone system.

http://cox.com/CoxCareer/
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/09/05 02:39 AM
Employer: BellSouth

Position Title: System Administrator III

Requirements: Experience/knowledge of Solaris 8,9 (configuring and maintaining); Perl, shell scripting, Veritas Volume Manager/ Veritas Cluster; Solstice Disk Suite; EMC Power Path, Apache, BEA Weblogic.

Details: Looking for someone with 5+ years experience with system design/deployment primarily with Sun Solaris. Essentially, the job is to build/deploy servers based on architects' spec. Once deployed and operational, you hand off support to the Operations group where you act as the top tier of support (RARE call-outs). You will also provide life-cycle maintenance of the server (patches, upgrades, etc.)

More info:
http://www.bellsouth.com/careers
JobID: 0507965

Posted through 8/12

--JamesT
Posted By: TheAlmightyMe Re: CEG Employment Networking - 08/09/05 09:28 PM

Employer:SBMC

Job Location:Van Nuys, Ca

Job Description:Staff Accountant

Job Field/Market:Accounting

Hours/FT/PT:FT

Job Requirements:See link

Pay(if known):Unknown

Benefits(if known):The usual stuff, plus various perks; catered lunches, kick awesome holiday party, small business, family atmosphere. You get to dress as casual as you want!

Additional Comments: Listing
My Firm is looking for people with financial service experience. Preferably those that have worked in Banking or Credit Unions. PM me for details.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: CEG Employment Networking - 01/16/06 09:16 PM

Employer:Melling Tool Co.

Job Location:Jackson, MI

Job Description:CMM Programmer QA Tech

Job Field/Market:Quality Control

Job Requirements:Too many to list (i'm lazy anyways)

Pay(if known):22.85hr. (kinda personal isn't it?)

Benefits(if known):Insurance,401k w/employer match,company co-owns Treetops resort in Gaylord Mich.

That's about it....anyone hiring?
Posted By: ctmystique Re: CEG Employment Networking - 01/17/06 12:56 AM

Employer:Maytag Factory Service

Job Location:Nationwide

Job Description:

Job Field/Market:Field Service Technician

Job Requirements:Servicing Maytag home appliances in consumers homes.

Pay(if known):Varies with location and region

Benefits(if known):medical, dental, 401k, vision,

Additional Comments:This is a great career for those that both like to drive and have a mechanical aptitude. Exp. preferred but willing to train. Send me a PM if this sounds interesting to you.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: CEG Employment Networking - 01/17/06 07:15 AM
Who needs a college kid with a BS in Business Admin (marketing /management) grad. in May? Anyone?
Posted By: Toadster_dup1 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 01/17/06 05:19 PM
if anyone wants to get a job in a hi-tech company, send me your resume (see signature for email)

I've worked at this company for 10+ years, over 100,000 employees with 300+ locations

Thx
Todd
Posted By: CeeBee94Z Re: CEG Employment Networking - 02/16/06 10:23 PM

Employer:Lockheed Martin Systems Integration

Job Location:Owego, NY

Job Description:Systems Engineer

Job Field/Market:DoD

Job Requirements:Resposible for many aspects of systems on military aircraft. Mostly designing the systems and making sure it gets done right

Pay(if known):Varies but good

Benefits(if known):medical, dental, 401k, vision,

Additional Comments:

Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 02/19/06 03:49 PM

Employer: Caterpillar, Inc

Job Location: Various (probably Central Illinois to start)

Job Description: Staff Accountant

Job Field/Market:Accounting

Hours/FT/PT: FT

Job Requirements: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, 3.0 GPA or better in major or work experience. CPA, CMA, or other professional designation a big plus.

Pay(if known): ???, but it will be competitive with the marketplace.

Benefits(if known): Base salary + annual incentive, 401K, medical, etc. Typical Fortune 500 management level benefits competitive with marketplace

Additional Comments:
This is a constant need for the company and not for any one particular opening. Right now there are MANY (and I mean MANY) openings for Accountants across the company that need to be filled. This means there are openings to start and openings to move up into if you are promotable. Send me a PM or e-mail if interested to find out more.

Not an accountant? Caterpillar, Inc also employs professionals from many disciplines (IT, Engineering, Legal, etc) so if you want to submit your resume let me know and I'll try to get it to the right people.

(DISCLAIMER: This is not an official job posting from Caterpillar Inc. This is simply a notice from me to my friends at CEG that opportunities may exist for them at my employer.)
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 02/22/06 02:59 PM
Tethys Tech

Background

We are a fast growing New York City based financial industry ISV. Our products encompass state-of-art algorithmic trading and portfolio management applications. We have launched an ambitious ASP based application delivery effort.

Requirements

We are looking for an experienced Citrix data farm administrator. The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of Citrix and Windows 2003 Server (in particular Active Directory). The candidate should be able to manage and grow a resilient application delivery environment with users spread around the world. In addition, the candidate should possess experience in backup, anti-virus and networking technologies. Experience with databases will be a big plus.

We are looking for candidates who thrive in a challenging environment and have leadership skills that will allow them to build a strong support and administration team.

Experience in financial (preferably securities industry) will be a plus.

Excellent benefits and prospects for deserving candidate. The position is based in New York City and our datacenter is in New Jersey.

Pay is in the 60s/yr.

If anyone is interested, give Alex a call at 212 509 5608 and make sure you state you were referred by me, Chris Arslanyan!
Posted By: Airforce Re: CEG Employment Networking - 05/25/06 10:19 PM
hey people can we get an update!!! Im out of work in IL.

Phil

Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: CEG Employment Networking - 05/26/06 04:44 AM
Employer: Middle Georgia Medical Center/ Carlyle Place

Job Location: Macon, Ga 31210

Job Description: Salad Bar Prep/ Apprentice Chef/ Server

Job Field/Market: Retirement

Hours/FT/PT: Full Time, 7:00-3:30

Job Requirements: 18+ years old, previous experiance

Pay(if known): 9.00$/per hour

Benefits(if known): Medical/Dental

Additional Comments:
Great fun job, just trying not to cut my fingers off.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: CEG Employment Networking - 07/21/06 11:39 PM
I need a job!

I'm finishing my MBA within the next few weeks and I've been hitting the job search trail pretty good, but I figured I'd throw something out here to cover all my bases.

Education: MBA with a concentration in Global Supply Chain Management. BS in Business Administration

Work History: Mostly retail and IT experience. Several (about 5 years) of retail, about 2-3 of IT. Supervisory experience from being a team leader of our consulting team (semester long project for the MBA) as well as being a Resident Assistant and the program director for the radio station as an undergrad.

Other knowledge: Some knowledge of SAP, extensive experience with windows, networking, internet applications, HTML. Some experience with C and Java.

What I'm looking for: Concentrating mostly on finding a position in supply chain related fields (logistics, procurement etc), also looking into IT (project management) and consulting. Willing to relocate, my parents are in FL and my sister is in NYC so I don't really care where I end up.

Any questions or interest either pm or send me an e-mail.

TIA!
© CEG Archives