Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SleeperZ How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 05:03 PM
Well in my continued battle with Frank McCoy (aka SVT Doood & mcgainer) I have offered him a settlement.

The BAT kit he (finally) sent me had one bad strut and one bad spring.
I have orderd one replacement strut from BAT.
I will probably replace all the springs with Intrax springs.

I have offered Frank McCoy a settlement in the amount of $99 (cost of one strut through BAT, not including shipping).
If he accepts I drop the criminal charges and and will not file a civil lawsuit.

If he does not, then I file a civl suit (as well as keep the criminal charges open).
Should I win the civil suit, I can file a lean aginst any real propery he owns (car/house/etc) and I can turn the settlement over to a collection agency and that will show up on his credit report.

Not much would come from the criminal charges, other than that they will show up on any background report anybody runs on him.
Posted By: bohdi Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 05:15 PM
Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me....

*writes note to self* don't....f***....with....SleeperZ

Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 05:47 PM
I think your letting him off easy.
Posted By: BOFH Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:02 PM
I think you have to be careful that it doesn't appear that you are threatening to sue.

I'm no lawyer, but I believe in some cases, if it looks like a threat then you can get into trouble.

That would be my only concern, that your offer doesn't look like a threat or blackmail.

TB
Posted By: Stazi Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:04 PM
"it's not a threat....it's a promise!"
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Well in my continued battle with Frank McCoy (aka SVT Doood & mcgainer) I have offered him a settlement.

The BAT kit he (finally) sent me had one bad strut and one bad spring.
I have orderd one replacement strut from BAT.
I will probably replace all the springs with Intrax springs.

I have offered Frank McCoy a settlement in the amount of $99 (cost of one strut through BAT, not including shipping).
If he accepts I drop the criminal charges and and will not file a civil lawsuit.

If he does not, then I file a civl suit (as well as keep the criminal charges open).
Should I win the civil suit, I can file a lean aginst any real propery he owns (car/house/etc) and I can turn the settlement over to a collection agency and that will show up on his credit report.

Not much would come from the criminal charges, other than that they will show up on any background report anybody runs on him.

WOW my god ! what did he sell you a Ferarri ? your going WAY WAY WAYYYYY overboard for 100.00 ...Man i cant belive you did all of that , are you from Michigan LOL they tend to do this stuff a lot ... anyway dood your going too far with this .sometimes you got to eat it .
Posted By: Barge Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:14 PM
That kind of attitude is why people get away with this crap.
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:

I agree.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:22 PM
These are the kind of things that keep me away from CEG's classifieds. Do whatever you must do to put this CEG scammer and any other future scammers in their place!
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
"it's not a threat....it's a promise!"

How right that statement is!

I have a real claim to sue, and should I win, those options are legally open to me.
Nothing is a threat, its about laying down the options I have, and trying to settle out of court.

It may seem like this is a lot of trouble for $100,
but its not just about money, its about principle.

I can't openly say more, but this is about just more than me.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:35 PM

exactly
getting screwed is getting screwed, regardless of the price.
It ain't fun, and it's not right.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 06:38 PM
He's already lost his job over this.
So I am giving hime away to keep from sinking lower.
Posted By: Harrry Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 07:05 PM

are you from Michigan LOL they tend to do this stuff a lot ...

People who talk [censored] about a state that they don't live in, makes me laugh.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 08:36 PM
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:

WOW my god ! what did he sell you a Ferarri ? your going WAY WAY WAYYYYY overboard for 100.00 ...Man i cant belive you did all of that , are you from Michigan LOL they tend to do this stuff a lot ... anyway dood your going too far with this .sometimes you got to eat it .

People all over the world with an IQ above 50 do this "stuff." Not sure what MI has to do with anything in this post since this post has nothing to do with someone from here.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mkingracing:

are you from Michigan LOL they tend to do this stuff a lot ...

People who talk [censored] about a state that they don't live in, makes me laugh.

My state can beat up your state!

::::Fixed the quotes::::
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 09:05 PM

Way to stick it to him! Sucks he lost his job but if he would have been straight up in the first place he wouldnt be in this situation!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 09:39 PM

Details?!?! How did he lose his job?? This is some CSI sh!t!! Take no prisoners!!

Mark
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Details?!?! How did he lose his job?? This is some CSI sh!t!! Take no prisoners!!

Mark

I reported his actions to the company he worked for, Fleischmann's Yeast.
They had the PI firm that they use for internal investigations look into the incident (as well as his past).
They decided that using company time & resources to commit fraud was not something they wanted an employee doing.
So the PI (after completing his investigation) had a talk with Frank and got him to atleast send me the parts I paid for.
The company then ended Frank's employment with them.

Now the problem is that the parts are not in the condition that I was told they were in.

Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 10:38 PM

Posted By: DopePope Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 10:49 PM

I totally agree, on another note, powedercoatman: I have a full 3L Turbo car that I need to get rid of, I'll sell it to you for 1k and I'll pay the shipping. Just paypal the money to me if you're interested.

oh... if it doesnt show up for like 6 months and it ends up being a 1996 SE with a blown motor... well... its not a big deal.

Posted By: SleeperZ Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 10:50 PM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:

Considering his actions up to this point,
I really dn't expect to hear from him.

But the offer is a gesture of trying to reasonably settle out of court, which goes along way in court.

I woudn't mind filing a lean against his property and putting a smudge on his credit report.

Posted By: Richy B Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/18/05 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bohdi:
Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me....

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Mushu:

I agree.

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 12:51 AM
If he has any brains, he will pay you the money you ask and be glad it is over. Otherwise, he is going to waste a ton of money fighting something he can't win. Don't forget you can sue for lawyer fees too if you want.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 12:51 AM
Originally posted by bohdi:

agreed
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 12:53 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

exactly
getting screwed is getting screwed, regardless of the price.
It ain't fun, and it's not right.

I agree.
Posted By: Barge Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 02:22 AM
I thought the name mcgainer sounded familiar.

My Experience

Apparently the mods didn't like my tone. Too bad they locked it and no one saw it.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 02:32 AM
There have been more than a few people who have had problems with Frank McCoy (on this site as well as others).

His email (mcgainer@hotmail.com) is listed on scammer email lists.
I found a mention of it on a BMW site.
And there's more.

That's the whole point of doing this,
getting justice for everybody involved.

Feel free to call him and give him your opinion on the matter.
901-757-0002

[evil voice]
Everyone must paypal me $1 or I will unleash h@ll on you all! Ha, Ha, Ha!
[/evil voice off]
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 02:39 AM

[evil voice]
Everyone must paypal me $1 or I will unleash h@ll on you all! Ha, Ha, Ha!
[/evil voice off]

ahh sheeeet!! EVERYONE DO IT!!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: How much is $250 worth to you? - 04/19/05 05:59 AM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:

Considering his actions up to this point,
I really dn't expect to hear from him.

But the offer is a gesture of trying to reasonably settle out of court, which goes along way in court.

I woudn't mind filing a lean against his property and putting a smudge on his credit report.

i think you are letting him off easy too.
what you are offering him is perfectly legal. its called an offer to settle. its done everyday while it is true that threatening to sue as a form of blackmail/extortion (or whatever) is a big no-no, you are clearly not doing this. you have already started your actions against him and are now merely offering to stop them by way of an agreement/settlement. its like when two parties get into a car accident and each side has an attorney. one attorney calls the other up and says, ok, we're prepared to XXXXX are you ready to talk about settlement?
you are correct in that the court always look favorably to any attempts to settle (it shows you are making an earnest attempt to keep the courts unclogged).

btw, a vehicle or anything other than actual physical property is "personal property". real property is only land.
but other than that, you are dead on. i think you should nail this guy for all you can. its not just the principle but it will seriously teach him a lesson and hopefully keep him from screwing other people over in the future. if you are successful in nailing him to the fullest extent, he will always fear that his next victim may do the same thing.
© CEG Archives