Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
sorry people i just want to find some people out there that are interested in ricey styles for a contour
Posted By: rob_dup1 Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/17/03 03:38 AM

....pssst, hey, you might be interested in the spelling forum.
there i fixed it...i'm just wondering why do people like these curvy...styles...i want something mean and aggressive but not boxy and square....somethin like my last idea...the streetfighter 2 kit....but no one seems to think of aggressive styles...only kits from mondeo
not to be rude, but most "ricey" body kits are gody and a little too much, and almost never go with the lines of the car. That's why we like the european fits they flow perfectly with the tour.
sorry just my opinion
Posted By: rob_dup1 Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/17/03 03:56 AM
The real Contour enthusiast believes "function before fashion"..."all go, no show". Think about this for a second. Would you rather pull up to some punk in his rice mobile and spank him with an SVT or modded 'tour that doesn't have much of a high profile, or pull up next to a mini-van w/ your bulky body kit and not many REAL mods and get smoked???
Posted By: Bullet Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/17/03 04:10 AM
In my opinion, "ricey" body kits are made for "ricey" cars. I don't think the Contour falls under that category. But hey, do what you want, it's your car.
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
not to be rude, but most "ricey" body kits are gody and a little too much, and almost never go with the lines of the car. That's why we like the european fits they flow perfectly with the tour.
sorry just my opinion

Well said.
Originally posted by Bullet:
In my opinion, "ricey" body kits are made for "ricey" cars. I don't think the Contour falls under that category. But hey, do what you want, it's your car.

also well put. however any car can be turned into uncle ben's. like this new kid that started at my work last week. he drives an older (mid 90's) 626. it's baby blue with a park bench......umm, i mean a giant spoiler on the back. APC stickers everywhere. corny caps. stickers in wack writing that says "extreme performance" all over the car. fart-can muffler. he painted the front grill white (he just spray painted it, no prepaint prep work or clear coat). and he's got 2 sets of fogs.........my point? this car has curvey lines like a contour, however he has turned this "thing" into a RICE monster. i'm gonna try to remember to take my digi cam to work one of these days and get some pictures of it. it really is classic.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/17/03 07:56 AM
nobody is gonna buy anything if you refer to it as the "ricey body kits"
Seriously, why do you keep trying to sell us on these ricey body kits? Nobody was interested in your last post, and as you can tell nobody is interested in this one. If you want support for a ricey body kit I think you chose the wrong car/enthusiest group.
well i guess i've been a little frustrated with how people say that contour doesnt fall in the lines with "ricey" i only wanted a little agression yet fit the lines of the contour. i see all these other kits yall are making and i just say one think to myself..."its missing something" and i know i wont be able to get what i want...so i guess i'll shutup and just look to see what is offered in the future. if we really want to bring in more people towards the contour we might want to make at least one or two kits that will please some people like me.....cause i know i'm not the only one out there. i'm sorry for being an @$$ and i'll think a little harder before i post. but i still will ask for opinions on some body kits.
like many other's, i fail to see how calling a kit "ricey" is appealing. i think rice is what most try to avoid. some avoid it, some don't. not all aggressive kits are rice. but to most it's all about matching up the kit to the lines of the car. the contour has very curvey lines. because of this, many of the "aggressive" kits for imports have too many straight lines and sharp edges. they just don't flow right. and because it doesn't flow, you get a riced out look. now, if you can find an aggressive kit that has smooth curved lines that flow right with the rest of the car, then hey, i'm all for it. but like the over all message, it's your car, do with it as you please. but if you want what the majority doesn't then i'd say you're either up sh!t's creek, or you best be out spending a lot of money to get what you want.
But what kits would some of yall suggest that would flow right?
It may be just me, but I think a lowered SVT with a mirko is one of the sweetest looking vehicles on the road. Sure I would like to see something along the lines of the mondeo kits coming our way, but then I pull my head out of my ass and realize that its not going to happen. Our cars have been discontinued for 3 years now, and the target market for the contour wasn't exactly the Fast and furious ricer crowd. Its a middle aged family car, not exactly the aftermarket body-kit crowd. Sure on CEG we're kinda into it, but do you realize how much of a small % CEG makes up of the 992,099 contours/mistiques that were produced. But Im not complaining, I'm more than happy with the styling of my SVT
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/17/03 07:01 PM
I think the buddy club kit goes good and the blitz body kit has potential...it just all depends

you just have to make sure its not too boxy and that everything matches...having a buddy club front with stock svt rear and sides wouldn't look good...

but I'm all for any kits...I'd love to have a civic like aftermarket...but also, calling a kit rice is gonna put negative comments into someones head before they even see the kit.
That one wide body kit looked plenty ricey to me...
i agree with Zetec on this one....lets at least look into some civic like styles....i know some people might not agree to it but just try it for a change...we're a small percentage of these granny cars. lets let the street racing world see what a contour can do and look like.
Originally posted by Disturbedpunk289:
i agree with Zetec on this one....lets at least look into some civic like styles....i know some people might not agree to it but just try it for a change...we're a small percentage of these granny cars. lets let the street racing world see what a contour can do and look like.

Well, I want nothing to do with that, but I wish you luck. You do sound like quite the entrepreneur. I say go for it. Are you going to make a kit from the ground up like Terry (of hellaRS fame)?
i'm not to sure...but what i meant by street racing is the styling of cars...but your not the only one that has said that
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
It may be just me, but I think a lowered SVT with a mirko is one of the sweetest looking vehicles on the road. Sure I would like to see something along the lines of the mondeo kits coming our way, but then I pull my head out of my ass and realize that its not going to happen. Our cars have been discontinued for 3 years now, and the target market for the contour wasn't exactly the Fast and furious ricer crowd. Its a middle aged family car, not exactly the aftermarket body-kit crowd. Sure on CEG we're kinda into it, but do you realize how much of a small % CEG makes up of the 992,099 contours/mistiques that were produced. But Im not complaining, I'm more than happy with the styling of my SVT

You forgot to add fender flares.
Posted By: Bullet Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/18/03 12:18 AM
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
It may be just me, but I think a lowered SVT with a mirko is one of the sweetest looking vehicles on the road.

You hit the nail right on the head there. Pure sweetness...
it looks ok i guess
Posted By: R_G Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/18/03 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Antonio:
You forgot to add fender flares.

xactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon, our tours is what makes us different... otherwise, what's the point? For the money I invested in my tour I could buy a used Civic, Tegra or Eclip, and have no probs looking for performance parts...

I personally getting ma kicks by amazed looks of the ppl who never saw and never imagined that tours could be turned into "real thing"...

Besides, non of the things inherent to so-called Euro culture has anything to do with racing.... Subaru or Mitsubishi are great rally or racing cars, but when we are talking about Paris Dakar, but not dragons and "tuff" Japanese lettering...

HAVE A PRIDE IN WHAT YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU OWN
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/19/03 09:33 AM
I personally like the rice style body kits. A nice round top that drops straight down in a box fashion makes it look nice and toury-style, hence the tour in the name. What would be nice are some flares on the fenders to make them look more boxy.

You can make the arguement though that fixing up cars that weren't meant to be fixed up is really stupid. Like all the people i see driving neon's with bondo work, primered, altezza style lights, and the erector set wings. The tour may not have been meant to have a kit here in the US, but across the atlantic they have them. So why not!

This is just my oppinion. Where I live ricy cars are really popular. you cant go 1 minute w/o hearing or seeing one.

-Rob
wow someone likes the idea..... i'm amazed to see this. but i've made a photoshop of a streetfighter kit on a post 98 tour....not the best work...but i guees it can give you the idea. i'm not too sure how t post it but...i'll find a way
Dist email the pic to me if you want and I can post it up on my site for you. scottf8@cox.net I won't be able to do ti until the afternoon when I get home though.
I emailed it you. like i said yall...its not the greatest but it can kinda give you an idea
Post it on here. I've drawn pics in MS Paint to get an idea across, so don't feel bad if it's not perfect.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/19/03 08:27 PM
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=322774&Main=322328#Post322774
how do you post pics from your documents?

like i said...ITS NOT GOOD!! lol but i tried at least
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/20/03 12:13 AM
looking for something like this??

dammit I hate how imagestation shrinks my pics...

bigger pic...
ME LIKE!!! its either that or the streetfighter! dang!!! I LIKE!
that doesn't flow at all. the lower center opening is huge. unless your going to fit an ic into that opening. look at how small the front oval looks in comparison to the lower area. it just doesn't work. i think the bad photoshop u did has more potential to be honest, though still not my cup of tea. if i'm able to ever get to a point to have a custom front, it'll be the stock st200 front w/ a full length splitter (dont want the front to be as low as the mirko spolier)
i still kinda like the streetfighter better
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/20/03 05:32 PM
i don't know what you're talkin about...I'd take it anyday over some euro crap...

anyway...maybe I'll try a couple more soon...that was my first chop in a while, kinda sloppy but oh well...

I like it cause it's my car!!!!!! You could've at least used a pic with my rims, though! j/k, it really get's the idea across.
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:

I like it cause it's my car!!!!!! You could've at least used a pic with my rims, though! j/k, it really get's the idea across.

Damn man your car needs a paint job!
would anyone be interested?
Posted By: lsneo Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 04:10 AM
talk about a bad photochop
Posted By: unisys12 Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 05:34 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

I would love to work that around downtown, but in full black!!

Remember peeps, there is a reason for body kits. Two reasons... Sears Point and Lagoona Seca!
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 05:40 AM
that scares the crap out of me!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 09:49 AM
thats the point...I think

It looked pretty bad ass on some 3G Eclipse so I chopped it on a Contour...I know the front bumper is pretty common on hondas and acuras...

if i had some better shots of the mondeo with street figher kit and a contour with similar angles I'd be able to chop that...
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 09:55 AM
I think i'll get some pics and photoshop a body kit. where's the best place to post them?

Ohh i think i'll do a pinto too. I've always wanted a riced out pinto.

-Rob
hahaha i would love to see that.
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/21/03 08:29 PM
Ok it's a deal. If I can find pics of a pinto I will photoshop them and post them in the pics forum. This should be funny! But hey don't dis the pinto. My mom used to have one and it was an awsome car. It was in pretty good condition for a 14 year old car, no dents or anything, and she sold it to some lady who wrecked the crap out of it.

{Teary Eyed Song Moment}

Memories.... of the car I used to know..... About to blow up if hit from behind memories.... Of the white pinto....
Of The White Pin-TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-Rob
hahahaha my friend's mom has a pinto its pretty funny. it looks like Sh!t but it still runs great.

could someone try and fix my photoshop? cause i still thinks it looks horrible.
Originally posted by freakshow:

Damn man your car needs a paint job!

No way man! It looks good like that-kinda two tone!
Originally posted by Robert S:
Ohh i think i'll do a pinto too. I've always wanted a riced out pinto.

-Rob

Burton Power makes a couple bad ass turbo kits for 1.3L SOHC I4 Pintos...Just food for thought.
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/22/03 01:52 AM
DUde searching the web has yeilded no stock pinto photos. All I found were websites with peeps who have modded them. Ive seen off roaders, Montser truck types, flames, dragsters, convertibles ETC...

This dude already had flames on the pinto. I just added a Del Sol Body kit, custom rims, and an erector set wing. And the tint, don't forget the tint.

Hey disturbed I'd love to fix your pic. I don't have any good contour pics. If you could post some links to then i'll do some photoshopping of kits onto contours.

-Rob
aight man i'll work on that i'll PM or post on monday bout it....i wont be here tomorrow. goin on a little vaction
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/22/03 02:33 AM
How do you guys like the Ricer Pinto? It's a 70 something model. I kinda want one now. That would look really cool.

-Rob
Well there aren't any good Pinto's on ebay right now. Two ATX I4 2-doors and one ATX I6 wagon.
sorry people i just want to find some people out there that are interested in ricey styles for a contour

Well, as much as I hate to say it, the aggressive "ricer" kits are the more popular kits among what my shop offers. I look at these things and I think "late 90's". The new style is a clean, simple, European-looking body. The Blitz-, Aggressor-, and Bomb-type kits out there look so damn gaudy, but I'm constantly being surprised when I whip out the Wings West books and customers tell me how "boring" they look. "Where's the iron-maiden spiked front facias and F1 rear wings?" they ask. I'm not just talking about Civic and Eclipse owners here, either. Many Mustang and Camaro guys want the aggressive Jap look too.

The fact is, people want their cars to be eye-popping, head turning things of, er, beauty. So the farther from stock-looking the better, right? That's all I can figure. Apron kits are not appealing to most people who come into my shop. The idea of spending a couple G's and still keeping that facory bumper on their ride isn't acceptable. It better look like a mutant Samurai on steroids mobile or they don't want it. James Bond look isn't back yet, Ghengis Khan look is here to stay for a while more.

somebody already got that point across...but i still would like to see a better body kit for the contour. i'm not the only one out there that is like this. and from my crappy photochops i feel i can make people understand a little more
I totally agree. We may not see eye-to-eye on what type of kit they need to make, but anything would be better than nothing, which is what we're dealing with now. I will say this, though: the Contour is one of the best looking cars lowered with wheels and sans a body kit.

I really think our cars have some of the nicest lines (contours, hehe) anywhere. That's where a ricey kit isn't going to work. I know I'm just repeating what others have already blurted out, but the lines of kits like the Blitz just won't look good on our cars (just look at the ZX2 Bomb kit for a preview).

There are some neat tasteful aprons out there for the Dodge Stratus that I wish they'd make for our cars (styled to look like a Euro Touring Racer), but that dosen't seem likely.
do u have a link?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/23/03 07:46 PM
why get a body kit if you can't even tell you have one...

the west wing kits, razzi, and all that [censored] are just too damn plain and ugly...I'd rather have one of those import kits anyday...although MINE will not be ricey.
i hear all these people say "Having a good looking kit yet not enough performance parts will make you look stupid." well what if you dont want to race? i've set my car up kinda of a show car. i dont want to race anyone. if i do i would still have at least some performance parts in it. but my idea of a body kit for the contour is one that would catch the eyes of people. just my opinion. i just think that i want a bit of an import kit to spice it up.
why get a body kit if you can't even tell you have one...

the west wing kits, razzi, and all that [censored] are just too damn plain and ugly...I'd rather have one of those import kits anyday...although MINE will not be ricey.

Razzi=

Cobra R on Contour=

my point excatly
so would anyone be interested in a streetfighter? or maybe a new style?
anyone?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/25/03 07:13 PM
keepin the thread alive...i'm going to attempt to photoshop some stuff right now...

i know a lot of people would like to have that kit...they just aren't reading this thread.
aight man...i've been tryin not to let it die. i'll await ur photochops
Disturbedpunk289....you've been going at this for a couple weeks now... but why? do you have connections to a fabricator to get the ball rolling and create a group buy? or are you just sparking up conversation? Im sure alot more people would be shooting ideas and photochops into this thread if they knew something possibly could come out of it.
yes, i do have connections that would get this rolling. And i am being serious bout this. just 10 people is all need and a kit...thats it
Curious... with whom are your connections? Getting ten people together for a body kit isn't going to be a big deal, getting the kind of quality kit everyone expects is a different story. There are lots of kits out there, not all of which are well made pieces I'd be willing to paint and install on my car. I, among many others here, are all about dropping some cash for a kit (so long as it's tasteful, of course), we just need to know what to expect.

Less babble, more photochop.
well do you know nyceboi? he was willing to offer his services....all he said was..."give me 10 people willing to pay and we can make it for you"
and thats why i've been so eager to get something started
i have a new photochop...i still dont know how to post it. if anyone would like to see. please tell me how to post it.
If you haven't figured out how to post it yet email it to me and I'll post it up on my site like I did the last one. scottf8@cox.net If you dont email it tonight or real early tomorrow morning I wont get it on there until the afternoon cause I'll be at work.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/26/03 07:16 AM
ok heres one I did...took the kit from an RSX...I think the other one looks better but this one aint bad...

bigger pic
Posted By: Robert S Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/26/03 08:32 AM
why is it with these body kit group buys it's always "just 10 people needed"? Is 10 like some kind of magic number? Sometimes I wonder why people even bother. How often have you seen 10 people that read these message boards actually agree to send the 1/2 deposit? Why bother...

-Rob
Originally posted by freakshow:
If you haven't figured out how to post it yet email it to me and I'll post it up on my site like I did the last one. scottf8@cox.net If you dont email it tonight or real early tomorrow morning I wont get it on there until the afternoon cause I'll be at work.

i sent you the pic. just send me the URL and i'll post it.
I'm not down with the photochopped car.

Someone on this forum fitted a similar Eclipse kit to his Mystique front end. It looked very similar to that chop. What I see that I don't like is how far the fascia sticks out in front. Something more "blunt" would work better I think.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/26/03 11:39 PM
it may not stick out that far...i just tried to blend it in with the stock bumper...also i made it a little bigger than it really is so it will hang lower to the ground...doesn't look bad on an RSX anyway

its just hard findin good body kits with contour pics at similar angles...and it sucks searching for them.

maybe I'll try another.

of course...most of all my photochops are pretty bad...they only give you an idea. but this is the kit i would really want to see on a contour
the rsx chop looks pretty good cuz its not in your face. the lines r pretty good. agreed the real kit would need to be pushed back a hair but your on the right path at least
Posted By: shaggz Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/27/03 04:16 PM
I like the RSX kit on the CSVT. I like import kits i had a civic with a kit, still have the kit i wish i could get it put on my 98 CSVT.
how bout the streetfighter?

I like this pic, but I don't think the fascia would look good from other angles. Also, you'd need to make the rear facsia equally agressive. Not sure how that'd look.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/27/03 06:07 PM
send me the pics of the car that has the kit u tried to chop and a contour pic with the same angle...i'll chop it for you.

jdwashington11@yahoo.com
i sent them to you. could you post them when your done?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/28/03 06:04 PM
sure can...
do you have those pics yet?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 06/29/03 06:55 PM
yeah, i can have em up on monday

gotta work all weekend
ok man, thanks for doing this by the way
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 07/01/03 11:27 AM
heres another one I did of that Streetfighter kit...its pretty sloppy but its 4:30 in the morning so it'll due...

imagestation...

more to come soon...
thats more like it!!! Thats what i've been looking for since i got on this site.
My poor car. You butchered it. It's supposed to be red and have steelies and be stock.
well....you dont like it?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 07/02/03 06:17 AM
My poor car. You butchered it. It's supposed to be red and have steelies and be stock.

sorry, I forgot how hot it looks that way.
i still like it
Posted By: IonNinja Re: DOES ANYONE LIKE RICEY BODY KITS!??!?!? - 07/02/03 08:20 PM
not really my style...I think I'd rather have buddy club all around...maybe substitute the front bumper with the octane one.
i think they're already makin the octane for the pre-98s i would like this on a post 98. would anyone be interested?
unisys12:

I would love to work that around downtown, but in full black!!

Remember peeps, there is a reason for body kits. Two reasons... Sears Point and Lagoona Seca!

thats cool i like the extrem bodykits why dont you build them in real ? it looks very good
i have got an ideea and i have think i must build them and then i do it this is my real ideea

@Disturbedpunk289 you dont like any Body kits on a contour or other changes ?

honestly i woudl love to pay money for a streetfighter kit. the american one. not the one that fits the mondeo. the one on that contour a couple posts up.
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Body Kit - 07/04/03 04:59 PM
Should i go ahead and start a GB? Just to see if people are interested? i also know another way i can get peopel to join in.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body Kit - 07/04/03 05:22 PM
might wanna do an interest check...I think it will be hard to get people interested in that bumper though.
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body Kit - 07/04/03 06:14 PM
should i still just go ahead and try?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body Kit - 07/04/03 06:27 PM
worth a try...
© CEG Archives