Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 02:34 AM
Ok i want to evntually start a group buy....i've got a friend that will make any body kit for the contour just as long as i have 10 people of interest. i need some suggestions on which body kits yall prefer. so lets start.....any suggestions, favorites, dislikes?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 12:36 PM
seeing that there is so many other topics about starting bodykits (i.e. hella bodykit, M3 front fascia, micah's pre 98 svt fascia, etc) its going to be pretty hard. many have tried and failed, and only the hella kit and micah fascia have prevailed. good luck.
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 03:53 PM
thanks man. but no one is intersested in aggressive ones for some odd reason and thats what i would like to see.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Disturbedpunk289:
thanks man. but no one is intersested in aggressive ones for some odd reason and thats what i would like to see.

Because the contour has very smooth lines and an aggressive style kit would like are arse on the tour. I personally like the svt kit just the way it is though I have to say I would jump on that m3 bumber right away if it gets produced.
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 04:29 PM
I might be interested depending on $$$ and what it looks like....

Steve
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 06:14 PM
well i know that most people want a curvy and smooth body kit....but some of us still think that aggressive is still smooth yet has some factors in it that makes it aggressive. say for instance the blitz body kit......its curvy and smooth but it has factors in it that makes it look better.
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 07:09 PM
I like the aggressive type myself...

Steve
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 07:26 PM
which kits do you like?
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 07:38 PM
The cheap ones that look good....

I dunno... I dont have a specific one i like... i like... dont wanna get flamed here... civic type kits

Steve
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 08:59 PM
so do i...i wanna see something different other than what they're making
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 09:34 PM
These are the kits that interest me

Bomex
black widow 1
blitz
R34
Combat
Feels
Wings West (with some slight modifications)
Buddy club
Evo 3
Posted By: R_G Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 09:59 PM
I were going to get one - so potentially I am in, however, it all depends on $$$ and looks....

and I agree that any body kit should be in the same key as the body itself, otherwise it would look pathetically home-grown....
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/08/03 11:16 PM
well all i would need is 10 people and willing to pay like 650 or 675
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 01:36 AM
bomex

Black widow

blitz

R34
R34 front and rear
Combat
Combat front and rear
Feels
Feels front and rear (front is a little blurry)
Wings West (slight mods)
http://www.fototime.com/{9411E1F8-A23D-47F4-AAA8-21FFC0461426}/picture.JPG
Evo 3

these are the kits i would like to see
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 03:33 PM
does anybody like any of them?
Posted By: onosway Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 04:13 PM
Skyline R-33]
This is the 2nd bumper[Buddy Club]

And this will be the 3rd![Cobra R]

These are drerok's bumpers. check it
Posted By: onosway Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 04:16 PM
mikeyboys creations I think
Posted By: onosway Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 04:20 PM
Found it..here's Drerok (Andre's) webpage... contact him - he really pushes it when it comes to the aggressive styles that most CEGers (including myself) don't like. But again, I like his work

TopEnd
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 05:22 PM
I like that last one... man those are some really good renders, u have major talent there...

Steve
Posted By: onosway Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 05:57 PM
Dreroks kits are real (skyline, buddyclub & cobra) ...mikey boys are real though the looking glass (err screen).
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 07:24 PM
i vote for all of the above...except for the skyline kit, I hate that front bumper...

I still have yet to see anything better than that buddy club body kit out for the contour
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/09/03 08:14 PM
yeah i want something aggressive.....but not of the lines of boxy,......i love all of the above
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 12:07 AM

That rear bumper just don't look right. Looks like a patio deck if you added a couple chairs and a gas grill!
Posted By: R_G Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 12:28 AM
I hate to post negative stuff here again, but one might like or dislike Razzi or Erebuni (actually the same shite), BUT those kits look quite professionally made, whereas the ones described in this thread - showing off their respective amateurish ricerocketism...

Fellas, I reckon we all wanna our carz look hot and racey and whatnot, but ya just can't change the very concept of the car, otherwise, we gotta stick some fake Honda emblems too and paint the body with flames, busty chiks, dragons or Fast & Furious logos....
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 12:54 AM
Streetfighter kit...that's what's needed over here!
Posted By: R_G Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 02:38 AM
That's ayt... I would proly get one... is it coming from England? (why the wheel is on the wrong side?)
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 02:50 AM
i like that kit. could we see the sides?
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 02:50 AM
i like that kit. could we see the rear
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 02:52 AM
disregard that first one
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 08:25 AM
there already is a mondeo kit like that coming out for the pre98s in the gb section and they only need 2 more deposits...same rear and same sides but a different mondeo body kit front end...
Posted By: drfate100_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
there already is a mondeo kit like that coming out for the pre98s in the gb section and they only need 2 more deposits...same rear and same sides but a different mondeo body kit front end...

What about post 98s? someone must be able to adapt that mondeo kit... i love the color of the paint too. and the headlights. Damn
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 01:44 PM
well as far as I know now...that guy isn't doing one for the 98+'s but he could if the pre98 ends up getting 2 more people, never know.

Nobody has those headlights over here though because they don't fit...although they would be damn nice to have.

Mondeo body kit coming out for the pre98s:

All they need is 2 more people to send in deposits and it will soon come to life...

If u got some hookups, maybe u could get 10 people for that other mondeo kit...
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 04:15 PM
o i got hookups but like i said all i need is 10 people....damn i really like that back and the front on the other kit...
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 04:20 PM
better yet could that front bumper poke out just a little further? the one with the headlights! cause honestly that whole kit is bad ass.....i would love to see it on a post 98 tour. but i would want some different sides for it like black widow.
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 04:22 PM
Originally posted by t-red2000se:
Streetfighter kit...that's what's needed over here!

What is the color code for that car? I love that color... could ne one help me out with that color code?

Thanks

Steve
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 04:36 PM
i honestly dont know...sorry man...does anyone know?
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 04:41 PM
but relaly...i would love to see one of those kits on a post 98 preferably the one with the foglights.....
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 07:39 PM
anyone wanna see modeo kits on a post 98? i can ask some people to do a photoshop
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 07:47 PM
I luv the streetfighter one, that looks kick azz...
I wish someone knew the color...

Steve
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/10/03 08:11 PM
who all likes these mondeo kits?
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 01:50 AM
hmmm streetfighter or foglights......
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 01:54 AM
streetfighters
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 02:18 AM
i dunno i like them both....its soo hard to decide
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 03:00 AM
is there more pics of that one with the foglights? cause....i think thats the one i'm goin to start
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 03:24 AM
I'd love to see that streetfighter on a post 98. Why the hell do the brits get the better looking car and we can't even use the same damnned lights??? ITS NOT FAIR I TELL YOU!!
Posted By: dumerili03 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 04:15 AM
Foglights! god i love the mondeo kit! i shouldn't even be thinking about this.....DAMNIT!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 06:33 AM
is there more pics of that one with the foglights? cause....i think thats the one i'm goin to start

why make the one with the foglights for post 98s when its already coming out for pre98s...

why not do the street fighter one for post 98s...
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:

That rear bumper just don't look right. Looks like a patio deck if you added a couple chairs and a gas grill!

The grill is im the trunk or well its intergrated into the trunk. But on a more serious note I have seen those bumpers in real and man do they stick out and look out of place.
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 02:07 PM
which streetfighter...that one up there...or...
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/11/03 02:17 PM
is there anyone who could photoshop the mondeo streetfighter onto a contour?
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/12/03 01:55 AM
i think i'm starting to like it
Posted By: Disturbedpunk289 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/12/03 05:02 PM
i'd really hate to ask but can someone photoshop that mondeo streetfighter kit onto a post 98 contour?
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/13/03 04:52 AM
I'm from the pre 98 mondeo GB helping it get organized, and if you guys want we can ask if they can do the post 98 as well. On a side note, the kit that has the F50 hood(blue) is the same design for the post 98's.wich we are already using the rear for our kit and both kits use the same side skirts. so all you would need is the front end.
Johnny
Posted By: 99ztech Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/18/03 03:49 PM
how about the kit that is on the Saleen contour
Posted By: 99ztech Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/18/03 03:53 PM
http://www.contour.org/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?img=/gallery/saleen/5.jpg
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/19/03 03:56 AM
Originally posted by 99ztech:
how about the kit that is on the Saleen contour

I completely forgot about that! Me likey:

Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/20/03 03:23 AM
I can't host any pics, but here's a website with some better pics plus information with the Mondy kit
Mondeo

Mike
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/20/03 04:07 AM
I love that kit in your link Boss!!! So... what does "£140" mean? I dont think means $140... but I sure hope it does! lol... if it does I might be able to afford that kit.

Steve
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/20/03 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Steve Benthal Jr.:
I love that kit in your link Boss!!! So... what does "£140" mean? I dont think means $140... but I sure hope it does! lol... if it does I might be able to afford that kit.

Steve

That's 140 pounds...British money. Roughly equates to (guesstimate) $230 U.S.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Body kit suggestions - 06/21/03 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Steve Benthal Jr.:

Steve

Steve, that kit is on a Mondeo. Those pics and all have been floating around for quite awhile.
And that little thingy is for the British pound or Sterling. Forget which, they have so much over there, quid, sterling, pound, whatever.

There are a lot of kits for the Mondeo, but without major mods, won't fit the contiques.

Mike

EDIT: The kit on that one can be found here Clicky Clickety The entire kit is 579 Sterling, so probably ~$800 - 900 American. I thought about doing this kit last year, but ended up getting rid of the CSVT I had then. My dad was real excited about it too, because we would have been the only ones to do it stateside.
Posted By: SniperUML Re: Body kit suggestions - 07/14/06 06:33 AM
I do like the looks of the saleen contour body kit? Will it work with a 99 contour se? if so how much? Disturbed if your looking for a nice all around kit that applies to the smooth looks of the contour but also has some aggressiveness to it then i would say the saleen works great. If there isn't one to the 99 tour se, how much would your guy charge to make one? I am a poor college student so does he offer payment plans? If anyone has a nice smooth but yet aggressive body kit for realitively cheap $ let me know... i like the looks of the SVT side skirts, but i think the front bumper needs a re-do... if anyone has a post svt body kit for cheaper then a small fortune let me know as well.

Posted By: TBoomer Re: Body kit suggestions - 07/14/06 10:04 AM
After 3+ years of no interest, I doubt this guy will:
A: make a 1-off for you
B: Let you make payments
C: even respond.
Posted By: jtmccann81 Re: Body kit suggestions - 07/15/06 03:27 AM
I was thinking that adding a paintable induction hood and the saleen kit would look very agressive and to make it just scream the Morette light fixtures once they are ready. Now thats a contour that would even make me rob a bank to get one.
© CEG Archives