Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Shifty GT40 "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/06/03 11:30 PM
I'm batting around the idea of putting silver stripes down the bottoms of my doors "Mustang" style (think GT350), only with "Contour" or something in there. Any opinions? Car is black with stock SE 8 spoke rims. If someone could add some of these stripes on a pic I'd be thankful.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/08/03 08:39 AM
interesting idea. though i think it would work better on an svt using "svt". "contour" unfortunately might be taken as just lame, like doing the same thing on an accord or something.
I think it would look really good in gray or silver, but don't put Contour! Put CDW27 instead, it'll look better, and you'll get WAY more people asking you questions about your car!
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/08/03 07:51 PM
How about just the stripes and nothing else?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/08/03 08:47 PM
I actually thought about doing this too, seeing that I already have the racing stripes. I thought about either doing 2 or the 3 like the Stang. I was going to have it say "SVT", but put that towards the rear I hope you do this and post some pics because I may do this too, but you'll be the first though
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/08/03 09:23 PM
I appreciate the input guys. I'm fortunate enough to have access to a vinyl plotter and lots of vinyl at work, so it would be no problem posing as a guinea pig for this experiment. Anyone have ideas as to what text I should put in the stripes besides "Contour"? I thought about GT 2.5, but that seems sorta poser-like since there never was a GT Tour. Anyway, still taking suggestions!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/09/03 06:01 PM
I think for starters you should try and make the stripes the same size as the ones on the Stang. Next I'd try a dual stripe set up, but in proportion to the rock guard Looking forward to seeing the pics and being the guinne pig, if you wanna call yourself that
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/10/03 01:15 AM
the gt 2.5 is definitely bad. the cdw27 is an interesting idea. i've considered it for my license plate. i'd actually do "ford" before i'd do "contour". the contour name doesn't carry weight like "ford" or "svt" would or an established make like mustang.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/10/03 09:41 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
the gt 2.5 is definitely bad. the cdw27 is an interesting idea. i've considered it for my license plate. i'd actually do "ford" before i'd do "contour". the contour name doesn't carry weight like "ford" or "svt" would or an established make like mustang.

I agree, using "GT" would be bad. How about "Duratec"?
Or 2.5 H.O.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/10/03 11:27 AM
I'd stay away from the 2.5 H.O. unless he's got the SVT engine in there. I do like the CDW27 idea because that will bring on alot of questions to those who don't know I still wanna see the pics when your done, thanks!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/11/03 05:22 AM
i think duratec is a great idea. show all the hondas w/ vtec stickers something.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/11/03 11:26 AM
Good idea Hugo
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/12/03 05:22 AM
now i really want to see the finished product
Posted By: Eli_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/12/03 05:27 AM
i think SVT would be the best.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/14/03 05:19 AM
he doesn't have an svt
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/14/03 11:58 AM
Adam Sandler voice..."t-t-t-t-today junior!"
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/14/03 03:02 PM
I know, I know... sorry about the wait. I should have the stripes on Monday, but I need to know how to post the pics. Never posted before. I am computer illiterate.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/14/03 11:32 PM
I'm not good at explaining this, but your going to right click and hit "save", then click onto IMAGE when your trying to post then right click "paste" where the image pops up I'll give you a couple days before I drop another "hurry up" quote on yah LOL, just razzin' you
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/15/03 07:36 PM
It's all good, expect the pics next week. I had our graphics guy at the shop do some research and find out the exact measurements of the original GT350 stripes over the weekend. The stripes will be cut Monday and installed Tuesday if all goes as planned...
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/15/03 10:43 PM
Cool!!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/16/03 02:04 PM
So what word(s) did you have it say in the stripes? Looking forward to the pics
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/21/03 12:31 AM
Hey, Monday has come and went, wheres the pics "Lets go while were young!"
Posted By: Import*Killer_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/21/03 01:16 AM
It would def look sweet with duratec written I can't wait to see the pics!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/21/03 11:59 AM
Butthead voice..."ahh, hello?" Just keeping the post up top, gotta see those pics
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/21/03 04:40 PM
I haven't forgotten you guys. We've been insanely busy this week, the stripes have been drawn out but I haven't decided what text to put in them yet. I'm thinking "Duratec", "24V DOHC", or something to that extent. Hopefully I'll get them on by Saturday night, but pics won't be ready until about Tuesday either way... it's gonna happen, just a busy time for everyone right now.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/22/03 12:01 AM
"Lookin', lookin' at my Gucci its about that time!" How about something simple, like "24V" I have a feeling this is going to look real good and then I'll have to get ahold of the guys who did my stripes. I wanted to do this over 2 years ago, talk about "lets go while were young"
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/22/03 12:45 AM
i still think Duratec would be sweet.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/24/03 11:30 PM
I figure if I keep this at the top he'll get the point
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/26/03 12:48 AM
Check your PM's
Posted By: Import*Killer_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/26/03 06:31 PM
ummmmmmm any pics? kinda wanted to see them? anything yet?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/26/03 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Import*Killer:

Yeah, where are they? See I'm not the only one waiting here
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/27/03 07:30 AM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Originally posted by Import*Killer:

Yeah, where are they? See I'm not the only one waiting here

Nope, Im waiting too
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/28/03 11:32 AM
Good things come to those who wait, right
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/30/03 12:57 PM
This is going to end up being the most anticipated mod to the Tour since the turbo or 3.0L
Posted By: Import*Killer_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/30/03 11:07 PM
Ok well I give up! I think I'm just going and getting it done, it shouldn't be too much $$$$ and if I don't like it I'll just take it off.
Jerry
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 03/31/03 11:30 AM
The guy who did my stripes, B-pillar mod and tint said it would cost me about $110.00 to this mod. I guess I could have him do one side and decide if I like it or not , that if I don't I'm only out $55.00.
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/02/03 06:21 PM
HEY I JUST CUT THEM!

They're silver with "Duratec" text in them, 1 1/2" with 1/2" chaser stripes. Sorry for the delays, we've all been busy here at the shop and the car went to the tranny shop for a week and a half to get the ATX re-rebuilt (under warranty, but still a huge PITA).

Our graphics guy is installing them as I type and I should have pics up within 24 hours. Again, I apologize for the delays, thanks for your patience!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/03/03 03:43 AM
sweet. cant wait for pics
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/03/03 09:25 AM
Cool, its about time j/k
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/03/03 11:59 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS I can't wait to get home from work today!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/03/03 08:08 PM
He's having problems posting the pics, can someone help him out, I tried but I don't think it worked
Posted By: blury Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/03/03 08:32 PM
Well if its problem with the code its [img]yourlinkhere[/img] if its the hosting thats problem go here http://photobox.absoluteagency.com its free and easy to use wotks great for me.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/05/03 01:49 AM
I got a PM from him and I thought I'd be looking at those bad ass stripes, he has them on and we can't see em'
Posted By: ejstefl Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 02:04 AM
So what is going on with these pics? I'd like to see them, and I can host them if necessary...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 02:22 AM
Adam Sandlers voice, again..."t-t-t-t-today junior!"
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 04:12 PM
Okay, here's the update:
The stripes were put on last week, the digi-pics have been taken and downloaded by a co-worker, and now we can't get them to the site. As I have said neumerous times before, I am computer illiterate, so I'm sort of at the mercy of my co-worker (who knows what he's doing).

Also, I don't have a home computer and our shop is closed on weekends. That means everything I do on this site has to be done between work and at lunch! Danny (the guy who knows what he's doing) should be here at noon today (Monday). When we figure out how to do this I will start a new post featuring the all-elusive pics.

Please have patience, my fellow CEG'ers...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 08:25 PM
Sign Danny up then, whatever it takes...come on, come on, while were young In the time we've been waiting for this, I started getting my SS checks and I'm not in the process of getting my M3 now, finally! Check it out... Its hard to see in the pics, but the one on the left is black w/ red interior and the other one is dark blue w/ light grey interior
Posted By: m!key Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 09:23 PM
do they make 4 door M3's? i know they have before but i havent seen one in the new body style. to stay on topic, i dont think i would put stripes on a M3.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/07/03 09:43 PM
The M3 does not come in 4 doors, but the M5 does.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/10/03 10:58 AM
Helloooooooo
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/10/03 07:19 PM
Now I'm trying to figure out Photobox... My God, someone help me!!!

EDIT: How do I get pics to come up directly on this page?
Posted By: Shifty GT40 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/10/03 08:00 PM

http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey

WOOHOO!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: "Mustang" rocker panel stripe - 04/11/03 01:29 PM
Very retro. Dude could you make it any smaller.
© CEG Archives