Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 05:14 AM
wtf is up with people wanting this things? why would you want something to draw attention to your car like that, all it will do is get it F**ked up by some bastard that is pissed cause you smoked his honda I like the slow catching of the eye as people notice what all you have done because it doesnt stand out. Any tard can get euro's there a dime a dozen. if we get those then I think they should give us a free fart pipe and an ass load of stickers to go with it so we can badge the hell out of are cars. Maybe we could also put some unpainted body kits on for a few months to complete the effect
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 05:20 AM
well, some euros are tasteful, i hate mid 90s civic apc euros and late mustangs apc euros, but i would buy some for my car if they looked good enough, maybe altezza would be better. and most people do it because they like it and don't like hearing other people criticize them about it.
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 05:34 AM
you mean like this POS that poeple think looks good. keep in mind i dont know what kinda people think this looks good but if you do please let me know so that i can let you know what i think of it
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 05:36 AM
also i bet that the spoiler on that thing is the only thing that keeps it on the ground. that v6 has some major horses dont you know and with out the wing and the hugh tire it would just be another peice of [censored] like a lot of stangs are
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 05:41 AM
yeah, euros on stangs look stupid, and that wing is at the stupidest angle, the V6 stangs have more power than my car. anybody want to hear about my friend that has wrecked his v6 stang twice? seems it has too much power for him it does handle like crap though. he's a bad driver so i'm sure that's part of it, but i truthfully would not trade cars with him, i gotta be able to do curves at 50mph+.
Posted By: Gouch Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 06:04 AM
I have never understood why they call them Euro lights. I have never seen a European car (avalable in the states at least) come with those.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 07:01 AM
That Mustang is fugly
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 07:05 AM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
That Mustang is fugly

I second that.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 08:03 AM
I'll take some euro lights and a free exhaust with it...

why wouldn't you want your car to stand out?

euro lights look a hell of alot better ot me anyway
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 08:20 AM
IMO- I dont like em, they are so common, everytime you turn your head some honda has slapped em on. Something else can be done to make your car stand out, try some graphics....no one will have that..... ta da!
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 08:38 AM
In reply to:

IMO- I dont like em, they are so common, everytime you turn your head some honda has slapped em on.

I agree
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 12:04 PM
euro lights wont make you different they will make you like everybody else. a contour makes you different but when you start putting [censored] like that on them then i guess you are just rice at heart. I have seen some tours with fartpipes on them and they look like [censored]. lets get some class guys! You ever heard the saying (this is my motto also) Going fast First Class
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 12:16 PM
some graphics?

thats just as common as euro lights

I personally could care less what everyone else has...I'd get em cuz I like em
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 12:53 PM
Don't even get me started... Owning a contour should be unique enough for you people. For starters, they become more rare everyday making them more and more unique as every year passes. Besides they are tastefully done the way they are. Why go and ruin it w/ some cheap ass crap taillights. I mean really, has anyone ever seen any REALLY good "euro lights"/altezzas/whatever the hell you want to call them?? What's the point? Almost all the ones I see are all turning yellow and hazing so bad, makes them look even worse... There's already enough of a problem w/ the headlights yellowing and hazing, why in the hell would you put these things back there when all they're gonna do is yellow and haze because they are made out of cheap ass plastic. Production run of the mill garbage ex. APC style crap is just that, CRAP. Show me an aftermarket clear tail light that looks good and will stay crisp and clear, then we'll talk. until then, leave that crap to the riced out hondas. Don't degrade a the tour. I did some sweet ass tail lights for static that I bet a bunch of you would like 1000 times better than those fugly euro's...
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 04:45 PM
Ive never seen any graphics that are the same, some may not like them, but i think they add originality and "FLARE" to your ride. It is definately a head turner for me, so IMO- Who can complain when people gawk over your car?
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/27/02 10:40 PM
well it is time that i bust out the tail lights for your fools, and dont let stolon fool you . he may have painted them but i desigened it and did the prototype (however you spell it) for it so it was a joint project. although he is a master at sand and paint and dont mind the dirt on the car it was a bad week here when these were taken
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 12:27 AM
Looks good!
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Gouch:
I have never understood why they call them Euro lights. I have never seen a European car (avalable in the states at least) come with those.

W3RD!!! they are Japo tails maybe... Just call them Altezzas, that's what they are... I think people call them "euros" because they can neither say, nor spell Altezza!!!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 02:00 AM
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
and dont let stolon fool you . he may have painted them but i desigened it and did the prototype (however you spell it) for it so it was a joint project. although he is a master at sand and paint and dont mind the dirt on the car it was a bad week here when these were taken.
Actually this design is nothing new. Honkeytonkmonkey did this to his taillights on his contour like a year or more ago. But on a black tour it looks sweet, especially when it's all washed and shining.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 03:03 AM
I've seen smoked clear lenses on Stangs that look pretty good, IMO
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 03:37 AM
well what ever the cause i still feel it was a joint project.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 08:10 AM
why does everyone have to bash what people want to do to their cars? if someone wants euro's and a fart can, don't bother them, it's not gonna hurt you any. what if they think you should leave your engine alone, or that the stock speakers and HU are more than adequate? it's all a matter of personal opinion. and how many contours do you see with euros? none, so if somebody or even a couple hundred across the nation get them, it would still be different. 500k+ contours with normal taillights, less than 500 with euros,,, don't tell me that wouldn't stand out.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 08:45 AM
yes I agree, do your damn thing

make your car how you want it

I plan on equipping my car with a fart can and Euro lights
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 06:18 PM
why in the hell would you want to waste you money on altezza's or anything like that. it give all contours a bad name. just think of it this way every time you see a honda that has something done to it what is the first thing you think of I know the first thing i think of is fart pipe then a big ass wing and tail lights. so do you want people think of are cars like that. if you want that [censored] on your car then sell it and buy a honda. dont give us all a bad name it is already hard to not get made fun of since we drive 4 doors and it is a family car (so they say) but I think we are starting to get recognition for a nice little sleeper rides, or at least here in tulsa
Posted By: neelnug_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/28/02 06:57 PM
In reply to:

if someone wants euro's and a fart can, don't bother them, it's not gonna hurt you any.

Have you heard those fart cans? They are so loud they hurt my ears! Not to mention the cars that usually have them are so damn ugly they hurt my eyes! Living up in selinsgrove pa (NOWHERE) for school is torture. Dealing with neon after neon with "euros" and stickers and wings and chrome wheel covers is absolute torture . It is almost as bad as the local v6 mustang with all the jazz (NOS stickers, eibach stickers, MUSTANG stickers, pep boys wing, brembo stickers, fart pipe) + the guy shifts his automatic like its a manual. Who thinks fart cans sound good? I have never met one person... I should start asking the Neon owners around here.
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 02:16 AM
why in the hell would you want to waste you money on altezza's or anything like that. it give all contours a bad name. just think of it this way every time you see a honda that has something done to it what is the first thing you think of I know the first thing i think of is fart pipe then a big ass wing and tail lights. so do you want people think of are cars like that. if you want that [censored] on your car then sell it and buy a honda. dont give us all a bad name it is already hard to not get made fun of since we drive 4 doors and it is a family car (so they say) but I think we are starting to get recognition for a nice little sleeper rides, or at least here in tulsa

WOOT!!! Get em'.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 02:37 AM
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 03:25 AM

Do you like gay ass tail lamps or not
Yes I am a moron and I like honda style
No I am a true tour owner and want to stay away from rice

Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 04:46 AM
just because you dont like it doesnt mean theres somethin wrong with it

personally i'd rather rice my car out then leave it a grocery getter
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 06:42 AM
so, do ya'll think no honda looks good? or maybe just a stock one? i guess since a lotta people our modding their engines, even these honda owners, we shouldn't do that or we'll be rice. and my car has four wheels, oooh no hondas do too, i might be becoming a ricer, please help meeeeeee.
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 07:31 PM
That may very well be the dumbest thing i have ever heard anybody say in my entire life. please dont be a moron and post [censored] like that
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 07:50 PM
eurotail lamps...
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 09:43 PM
sometimes i think some of you people might have the smarts of like a 2 year old child. btw I have a secret for you guys per the rest of CEG and here it is "EUROS are GAY and NOBODY likes them" so if you want the get a ricer.
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 09:59 PM
Such harsh words , But oooohh so true.... Someone had to say it......
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/29/02 10:12 PM
anti-trendy people are just a trend in itself

its rather stupid

its your money, your car...do what you want to it
Posted By: lsneo Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 12:02 AM
i have a penis..
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 12:50 AM
Really??
Posted By: sdhillon007 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 01:41 AM
Contours Dont Like Rice
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 01:47 AM
just because you think something doesn't look good doesn't mean everybody does. some cars look good with euros/altezzas, what do you think honda drivers say about contours? , if somebody wants something for their car down bag on them about it. and my engine is a 2.0L and ends in tec, so is honda's new Si engine, uh oh, i guess i'm rice.
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 01:55 AM
when did engines have anything to do with rice?
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 02:42 AM
kermit I think you might be the dumbest person in the forum just from some of the stuff you say. where are you getting this crap? do you just pull it out of your ass or what. you really need to not talk anymore if you cant post with something remotely smart to say
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 02:51 AM
Hey man, don't bother wasting your breath anymore. Some people just don't understand the good things they already have by owning a contique.
Posted By: lsneo Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 03:07 AM
some Hondas look really nice. Its not a matter of speed, because face it, our cars and Hondas aint sh*t compared to other cars, what most of us are in here for is to make our cars look like we want them to becuase they are our cars and we love them no matter what. Same sh*t with Honda owners, the put all that Sh*t on their cars cuz the like that ugly stuff. But hey thats their choice. If u look at it, hondas have a very limited amount of products they can choose from. Sure theres all sorts of stuff available for them but if u look at it its all the same crap. The difference is the brand, i mean they all look the same all u gotta choose is the brand. So why dont we just leave other brands alone and let us contour owners do our thing to make us happy.
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 04:59 AM
Preach it Brotha!! I wonder if we can get anymore rants in this thread........ Going Once...Going Twice.....
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 08:58 AM
In reply to:

its your money, your car...do what you want to it

Exactly.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 09:17 AM
you people put too much effort into being anti-rice

its just a car, calm down
Posted By: lsneo Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 03:06 PM
i eat rice.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 04:43 PM
Originally posted by JiggaJerry:

what can I say, it's a hobby. hehe but seriously. When you see as many pos honda's driving around w/ all that crap here like we have it, it all screams the same thing. "I have no creativity because I have to look like jo shmo w/ the civic... And around here, all that crap dominates the hondas so when someone show up w/ this crap on a non honda it seriously screams "I WANT MY CAR TO LOOK LIKE A RICED OUT CIVIC." and even more so screams "i have to be a follower, not a creator" You see, everyone that wants to make their tours unique would probably get more props for doing so if they would actually take the time and effort to do something completely different, not copying the import aftermarket. You want to make your car stand out? smoke the taillights, clear the corners or even get CREATIVE and do like static and I did w/ the tails. Shave the door handles and antenna, maybe even the trunk key thing. Add a DECENT body kit, nice rims and lowering. But wait... it's so much easier to just go w/ the flow and copy everyone else. you want recognition and to stand out? be my guest, but all you're going to get is "Oh, that's JUST a pimped out CONTOUR.... ROTFLAMO!!!!" And trust me, that's exactly what you'll hear... Try driving a True bonified CSVT around.... ya know most of people's thoughts? It's JUST a soupped up CONTOUR... no recognition from the looks... the car earns it's respect by its performance and handling when you take em' for a ride or hand them their a$$. So do what you want w/ your car, because after all it IS your car and YOUR money, just don't expect to get rave reviews from other rice growers, and especially from us, and I know I can speak for my entire crew. BTW, this isn't directed at any ONE person in particular, rather the group as a whole...
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 05:20 PM
WOOT! I really like static's rear..hah lol.....they have a template for the cooogah with a kitty head surrounding one of the bubbles........this will have to be included in our paint fest.......i looks so damn tight......i got a pic on my laptop so ill post it when i get back to norman on sun.......
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 05:32 PM
Originally posted by stolontour97:
Originally posted by JiggaJerry:

what can I say, it's a hobby. hehe but seriously. When you see as many pos honda's driving around w/ all that crap here like we have it, it all screams the same thing. "I have no creativity because I have to look like jo shmo w/ the civic... And around here, all that crap dominates the hondas so when someone show up w/ this crap on a non honda it seriously screams "I WANT MY CAR TO LOOK LIKE A RICED OUT CIVIC." and even more so screams "i have to be a follower, not a creator" You see, everyone that wants to make their tours unique would probably get more props for doing so if they would actually take the time and effort to do something completely different, not copying the import aftermarket. You want to make your car stand out? smoke the taillights, clear the corners or even get CREATIVE and do like static and I did w/ the tails. Shave the door handles and antenna, maybe even the trunk key thing. Add a DECENT body kit, nice rims and lowering. But wait... it's so much easier to just go w/ the flow and copy everyone else. you want recognition and to stand out? be my guest, but all you're going to get is "Oh, that's JUST a pimped out CONTOUR.... ROTFLAMO!!!!" And trust me, that's exactly what you'll hear... Try driving a True bonified CSVT around.... ya know most of people's thoughts? It's JUST a soupped up CONTOUR... no recognition from the looks... the car earns it's respect by its performance and handling when you take em' for a ride or hand them their a$$. So do what you want w/ your car, because after all it IS your car and YOUR money, just don't expect to get rave reviews from other rice growers, and especially from us, and I know I can speak for my entire crew. BTW, this isn't directed at any ONE person in particular, rather the group as a whole...

Truer words have never been spoken.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 06:11 PM
I personally cannot stand the look of altezzas, especially on dark cars. They have a tendency to look very unfinished. For those off you out there that love altezzas..to each their own.

However, if a set of euro style tailights were made I would be interested if they were designed in a similar fashion as the headlights of our car (or the tail lights on the newer mustangs). If the lenses were CLEAR RED (no refracting quality) and the parabolics and light dispersion were controled by the mirrors inside the light that would look pertty cool.

Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 11/30/02 11:12 PM
there is not effort in being anti rice you just are born with it and people who have to put effort in to being anti rice are just loser and they dont need to be on this forum *hint* *hint*
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 12:30 AM
so they want to fix their car up...big deal

as long as you got everything painted and you got your rims together and everything is lookin nice who cares...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 08:07 AM
kermit I think you might be the dumbest person in the forum just from some of the stuff you say. where are you getting this crap? do you just pull it out of your ass or what. you really need to not talk anymore if you cant post with something remotely smart to say
yep, i must be dumb because i don't agree with you. where do you get that all aftermarket tail lights look bad? just because i lot of honda owners put bad looking ones on their cars doesn't mean there aren't good looking euros/altezzas. why do you think everyone has to agree with you???? and i guess you shouldn't have started this topic if you go by the "if you cant post with something remotely smart to say" ,don't post thing.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 08:14 AM
Hey man, don't bother wasting your breath anymore. Some people just don't understand the good things they already have by owning a contique.
i hope he wasn't wasting any breath by typing. i own a contour. wow. it's so great, i should leave it stock. i wouldn't want to make it look good, have more power, or ride better. or maybe it's just my tail lights that are perfect. i would hate to get rid of those ugly white circles in the middle of them, i would really hate to have something that draws attention. that's the last thing i would want, something that makes my car DIFFERENT than other contours. I guess i shouldn't get this body kit, because all those honda kids get body kits. it's funny, it almost seems that you don't like euros/altezzas just because they're widely/cheaply available for hondas. i bet you would love them if they were available for few vehicles.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
it's funny, it almost seems that you don't like euros/altezzas just because they're widely/cheaply available for hondas. i bet you would love them if they were available for few vehicles.
WELL WELL, WELL... Looks like you just stuck your head up your a$$ even farther. You just hit the nail on the head. They ARE CHEAPLY available and I'm NOT talking about price... First of all, they are cheap. So obviously you don't have any class by the fact that you even remotely think that by putting these on a contour that it will make it look different or even good... WTF kind of comment it this???? Yeah it will look different, but maybe that's what you need is to make your tour look different so people won't actually think it's a contour. Because I wouldn't want people to actually know WTF it is. And what exaclty is wrong w/ getting the body kit? NOTHING. unless it's some freakin' widebody which would look like total A$$ on a tour. Oh, and personal words first hand from static. "PISS OFF!!" and for all of those that are liking the altezzas... you need to advertise this...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 12:47 PM
Contours can be just as ricey as Hondas so shut up about it already

this thread has turned just flat out stupid
Posted By: Steeda. Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 12:59 PM
Maybe the funniest thread i have read in a long time.

Im gonna put Altezza's and Euro rear lights on my SVT. And and A roof scoop thingy. OF course functional. And Switch my Disc's in the rear to drums so i can paint them and have a huge area of color instead of a little itty bitty one. hahaha
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/01/02 07:12 PM
ok kermit now that I am back in my element "Lets get it on MF" ok basically what you are say is that we dont like anything that a honda does which is total BS body kits are awesome just as long as it is in good taste and doesnt resemble anything that might be rice (IE.huge mouth looking thing in the front that looks like its going to eat you when you look in the rear view mirror)pretty much if we went along with you we might as well kill areselfs because honda owners are around and we wouldnt want to be like them no would we. do you see how Fing dumb that sounded???? well that is what you sound like all the time. you really need to get some class. BTW you can get Tire Flies at best buy now for $6 and they have a lot of diffenernt colors, Just thought you might want to know that so you could run and get you a pair
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 03:31 AM
pretty much if we went along with you we might as well kill areselfs because honda owners are around and we wouldnt want to be like them no would we. do you see how Fing dumb that sounded???? well that is what you sound like all the time.
i'm trying to understand your "english?" typing. it does sound dumb, but here's what i gathered from it, you want to kill yourself because of what honda owners do. but that's what you sound like, and it does sound dumb. so let me just get this right, every aftermarket tail light looks "ghey" (it's spelled gay buddy), and you don't like them because they're inexpensive? wow, what a great arguement you made, if your reply to this, please type in a legible form, though it would probably be better if this pissing match died.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 03:36 AM
So obviously you don't have any class by the fact that you even remotely think that by putting these on a contour that it will make it look different or even good... WTF kind of comment it this???? Yeah it will look different, but maybe that's what you need is to make your tour look different so people won't actually think it's a contour. Oh, and personal words first hand from static. "PISS OFF!!"
so, you're basically saying changing my tail lights will make my car be known as something other than a contour? will people call it a honda, a mustang, a nissan, a F150? euro's are made for all these makes of vehicles, so you're saying getting some for my car would make my car ugly (just because lots of hondas have them) and that people would think my car is something that it's not (nobody even knows what it is right now, unless they own a contour). WTF kind of ideas are those? and since i don't agree with you, you say "piss off", i can see how that shows euros/altezzas are "ghey".
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 04:34 AM
So is anything actually getting accomplished in this thread...damn.....and Kermit-dude-you are really not making any sense to me.....btw- why do you got to knock on people's english spelling and grammar, that isnt the topic, Im sure you understood it just fine, so why do you have to point it out?? THATS GHEY!! (must be an okie thing, so back the f-off!)
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:04 AM
Kermit man I cant even argue with you anymore. When I wrote that post I was like asleep to so easy up off. If you want to get some altezza's then go for it but like stolon said dont expect a large crowd to back you up for getting them. But man we need to calm this crap down cause we arent getting anywhere by it. so lets all just chill. when you get them please send me a pic so I can see. Cause I really want to have something to laugh at so hard I am on the floor, and IIRC you are the moron that painted that wipers to arent you?? well that will look good with your Altezza's and fart pipe, hell the honda owners are so dumb now a days you could probably just tell them that it is the new 2004 and they would belive you. Oh and dont for get to lose the rims and get some steelies so can be just like all the rest of them out there. also did you get your tire flies yet?? what color did you get? I cant wait to see you roll in to nationals. I have a feeling you will be rolling out just as fast as you came in.
Posted By: nOsSvTcOnToUr_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:08 AM
u know what really pisses me offf. today while driving i saw a plymth voyager with euro lights. Wahst the [censored] euro lights for a mimi van but not for the contour thats bull [censored]. Thats pisses me off
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:09 AM
a F-ing mini van??? wtf is up with that sheiot? rotflmao
Posted By: m!key Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:12 AM
hey, has anyone seen my sock. i have the right one but the left one is missing.
Posted By: devonb_37 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:15 AM
I'm not a big fan of Euro Altezza Whatever tail lights because they look bad, but make the car fast and who cares. Hell, I've seen a purple Lamborghini, but nobody gives him lip 'cause he can never lose a race. So Performance and then Looks. Just my 2 cents. And why all the hostilities and anger (yes, I'm looking at Static and Stolon) Can't we all just get along?
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:22 AM
Static- Hey dont worry, I got this Sheeeeiot! Where's my high five?
Posted By: m!key Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:26 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
hey, has anyone seen my sock. i have the right one but the left one is missing.

oh,i found it thanks anyway.
Posted By: MazdaStyle Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 07:30 AM
seems to me those are more important than contours anyways
Posted By: IonNinja Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 07:44 AM
Honda this, Honda that...blah blah blah
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 02:54 PM
Originally posted by devonb_37:
I'm not a big fan of Euro Altezza Whatever tail lights because they look bad, but make the car fast and who cares. Hell, I've seen a purple Lamborghini, but nobody gives him lip 'cause he can never lose a race. So Performance and then Looks. Just my 2 cents. And why all the hostilities and anger (yes, I'm looking at Static and Stolon) Can't we all just get along?
Hostile? Anger??? I've only SLIGHTLY touched the tip of the ice berg w/ this sheiot... Besides, it all spawns from the OH so intellectual issue of these damn things on cars other than hondas. ok so let's leave the hondas out of this then. Altezzas on mustangs, F-150's, and what ever else... All fine and well, they are american by design, they need all the help they can get. (not really but it sounded good) BUT... this car comes from european design, it even screams european sedan. How many acutal european sedans do you see w/ euro lights? I can't recall any. So why put them on a european inspired car. And another thing, why even call them euro lights? maybe they should be called asian lights, it seems to be more prevalent to call them by what they are represented on... Besides. some vehicles actually are benefited by the use of these aweful things but that doesn't make it where I would actually like it even more... And back on the issue about making cars look like hondas. It's all purely analytical, based on personal opinions. And that's fine... WHATEVER... I'm done talking on this subject. MOVING ON TO A TOPIC MORE THOUGHT PROVOKING, ONE THAT DOESN'T KILL BRAIN CELLS AS I READ IT...
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 04:40 PM
oh yea Zum *high five* and I am going to have to agree with stolon on this cause this is making me tired just reading it
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:20 PM
Finally this dumb arguement is over. Was wondering how long it was going to take ya'll to realize how pointless it was to argue with kermithefrog and jiggajerry, its like arguing with a brick wall. This is what needs to be done to anyone who thinks euro lights look good on domestic cars.
This is all I have to say on this whole subject.
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 05:33 PM
It's over?????? There is still another one out there.....
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 07:14 PM
Mr. Frog and Mr. Jigga have know Idea who there messing with if they decide to keep this sheiot going on. If they dont end it know I am going to just let it all go loose and give them a peice of my mind (a bigger peice). Its like stolon said "I havent even began to touch base on what I think of this subject"
Posted By: Cool Blue Mystique Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 10:42 PM
If you want real "euro" lights, look at BMWs. All red, with clear/white for turn signal and back-up. With the reflectors that our cars have, it would be nice to have the bottom part (reflector) of the side lamps cleared out, covered with a white lens, and put an amber bulb in there. If I'm confusing you, tell me, I'll see if I can get a picture of what I mean...like others have said, this is a EUROPEAN car, lets stick with things that have EUROPEAN roots. Last time I checked, Altezzas come from Asia, not Europe
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Cool Blue Mystique:
If you want real "euro" lights, look at BMWs. All red, with clear/white for turn signal and back-up. With the reflectors that our cars have, it would be nice to have the bottom part (reflector) of the side lamps cleared out, covered with a white lens, and put an amber bulb in there. If I'm confusing you, tell me, I'll see if I can get a picture of what I mean...like others have said, this is a EUROPEAN car, lets stick with things that have EUROPEAN roots. Last time I checked, Altezzas come from Asia, not Europe

Right on, finally some one with some brains.
Posted By: Cool Blue Mystique Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 11:38 PM
Make lights like these for our car... Not these...thses, on a BMW? It's just pittiful...
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/02/02 11:41 PM
I like the first one... on the second
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 01:11 AM
If you want to get some altezza's then go for it but like stolon said dont expect a large crowd to back you up for getting them.
oh, i see now, u just care about being accepted. it's my car and i do what i want with it (not what u want). i don't particulary care for "euros" that are on every honda, but do like some aftermarket tail lights. if you think the contique has perfect tail lights, than that's good for you. i don't, and would not mind aftermarket tail lights for the contour. i could care less about your "piece of mind", and please stop acting like you're trying to scare me or jigga. i, for one, don't get intimidated by what someone types on the internet (or says to me in person). yeah, i bet i would come to nationals and leave quickly (to avoid being arrested after giving you a little more than a piece of my mind). it's sad so many people on here have a hard time accepting what other's do to their cars. i'm not looking for anyone on here to like my car (like i said, it's MY CAR). i only want one thing from you, a list of why aftermarket tail lights would be a bad thing on the contour. please leave off the "they look ghey", as that's just a matter of personal opinion. .... and the "fart pipe" i'm getting comes stock on svt contours, so go tell some svt owners they have "fart pipes".
Posted By: Nightrainlane Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 01:17 AM
Why is everyone so caught up in being accepted, tuning your car is about what you like, not about what some selfless b@astard likes. Frankly, I don't give a rats arse what Stolontour says...his opinion means absolutely nothing to me. Quit ripping on peoples opinions, they shouldnt matter to you, STATICTOUR96
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 01:51 AM
ok you are so dumb there is not a fart pipe on the svt that is just a mean exhaust. so if you are putting that on then I stand behind you. and if you say anything else like that crap about you giving me more then your peice of mind I will destroy you. but you are welcome to bring that sheiot (high five stolon )
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 01:58 AM
(high five stolon )

Hell yeah...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:23 AM
I will destroy you. but you are welcome to bring that sheiot (high five stolon )
LOL you're so cute when you're angry, let me go high five my butt buddy. i'm not actually gonna spend money to hunt you down, you're welcome to come to me though, we'll have a greeeat time.
Posted By: Nightrainlane Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:24 AM
What are you talking about, I have posted one message, and that was backing kremit up. So shut your hole and leave me alone, by the way, if you say you can destroy me...bring it.
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:25 AM
I am not even talking to you fool so shut up
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:25 AM
Originally posted by zeteched:
What are you talking about, I have posted one message, and that was backing kremit up. So shut your hole and leave me alone, by the way, if you say you can destroy me...bring it.
that was a reply to me,, though u know neither static or stolon will do anything.
Posted By: Nightrainlane Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:31 AM
Sorry tough guy
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:32 AM
I will destroy you. but you are welcome to bring that sheiot (high five stolon )
LOL you're so cute when you're angry, let me go high five my butt buddy. i'm not actually gonna spend money to hunt you down, you're welcome to come to me though, we'll have a greeeat time.

What you scared you'll kick your ass kicked kermit?
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:34 AM
GD kermit cant you shut the F up?? lets end this right now I am offering to end this sheiot so lets do it. you just reply and say you want to end it to and we wont say anything else dumb to each other and that goes for everybody else to. deal???
Posted By: Nightrainlane Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:34 AM
Keep telling yourself that you 12 year old moron
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:36 AM
deal, it's ended, i would still like to see your reasoning,,, please PM me with it. thanks.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:38 AM
Originally posted by LUCKY95TOUR:

yes, i'm scared i'll hurt myself.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:41 AM
Originally posted by LUCKY95TOUR:

yes, i'm scared i'll hurt myself.

Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 02:56 AM
adam dont post crap anymore this is over in this forum
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 03:03 AM
ok man I'll stop in this post.
Posted By: Cool Blue Mystique Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 03:06 AM
Good Lord people. Grow up, fighting on the net? A whole new low...
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Cool Blue Mystique:
Good Lord people. Grow up, fighting on the net? A whole new low...
Like you have room to talk....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/03/02 10:28 PM
in regards to the other euro post, i never said i think milan's lights are cheap, i said i don't want CHEAP projection headlights. you said i wanted cheap headlights. i like milan's lights. this stuff couldn't be any dumber. and i also don't have a scanner, so i still can't get you any pictures (send me some money, i'll get the film developed and buy a scanner and you can have pics of my car). like i said, when i get the chance, i'll get pics posted. then we'll see who's laughing. or maybe i should make my car be just the way everybody on here tells me to.... it's MY CAR, just remember that, deal with it, not everybody wants to have their car look the same.
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 05:59 AM
kermit I gotta admire you for something man you sure do stick by and stand up for what you belive in. so man if you wanna be different go for it who knows maybe it will even look good!!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 06:48 AM
Well kermit and anyone else I might have upset. I'm done messing around and would like to let you'll know I was only messing around because I was bored and it just seemed like fun at the time. I want to let everyone know that I really admire alot of what some of these "Ricers" do. 80% of the ricers cars I see wouldn't look all that bad if they would just learn they don't need a wing for" take off" on there cars. Kermit I wish you all the best of luck in your euro tail lights search and all the best of luck with anything you do to your car. When you get some pics tooken post them so we can all see how you are doing with your car. I look forward to meeting you at nationals so I can see your car in person and we can laugh at this stupidity together.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 07:55 AM
Oh yeah!?!? I'll kick my own ass!! (*punches self in face and starts crying*) Man, I hate you guys!!

Hey, wait a minute...anyone for up for some NB4DALOK? Yep, I think so...
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 01:44 PM
Its about damn time!!!!!!! ( Looks around) Does that mean that this post is done??? I hope..........
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 05:36 PM
This thread is basically 10 copies of the first page. Totaling 11 pages.
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 06:16 PM
haha that is some funny crap alt
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 08:05 PM
sorry I meant ATL. BTW dont you guys think it is funny how the other euro post got closed in like 3 day and mine is still around??
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 08:29 PM
Hmmm. I wonder why.... cuz we got this sheiot! High five! LOL.... ok. I'm done now... I am glad this is finally over w/ though...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 10:00 PM
thanks for the support, samem to ya'll,, don't think i'll be at nationals,,, i don't think my car will even make it to the SE-CEG reg. meet coming up (though i'll be there), with 87k+ miles, not quite road trip trusty quite yet. i don't exactly want euros,, i'd rather have tails designed like hightower was doing. anybody know someone that can manufacture those?
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/04/02 10:03 PM
just paint like me i think it looks really good. Not as good as hightowers but it is pretty cheap and looks great
Posted By: Zum Re: euro tail lamps - 12/05/02 12:26 AM
who is hightower and what do they look like???
Posted By: Static Re: euro tail lamps - 12/05/02 01:01 AM
chris hightower and he is the man and his tail lights are the [censored]
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Re: euro tail lamps - 12/05/02 02:19 PM
Damn,

I can't believe I just read all that crap! I read it, hoping to find out some quality info ;-0. Anyhow, I am not the biggest Euro fan, but to each his own, I mean, it's your tour, do what you want to it. My God, we all saw that nasty red ( I really don't know what the hell that color was) and yellow trimmed Photo choped tour. Someone was interested in seeing it, more power to ya. My point for posting, does anyone know who else is doing tail lights? Hightower's are cool, but I am looking to do something with the HUGE rear reflector w/out painting it. Any ideas?
Moose
© CEG Archives