Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Hightower headlights - 09/03/02 04:40 AM
Whats do you think abou these on a black contour, ive been looking at them recently but i also really like the look of the stock headlights on black contours with the grille ring blacked out. Also ive been not really enthusiastic abou the looks of these until i saw those on Extremecontour. Any opinions?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Hightower headlights - 09/03/02 08:26 AM
I'm sorry to inform you, but I am no longer doing this mod. Juan got one of the last sets of them. I have put together sort of a How-To, but I have a hard time explaining the complex parts of it. I can tell you that you need to be VERY prepared to purchase replacement headlights .

I have done about 12-15 sets of these things and it still takes me hours to get the lenses apart. If I went any faster they would break.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Hightower headlights - 09/03/02 09:06 AM
It would look very cool on a black tour. I have seen one (though not in person). You could always buy a lamp off of a wrecked car, work on that, and if you break it you won't be driving around with one headlight. It would allow you to take your time too.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Hightower headlights - 09/03/02 11:05 AM
I have a suggestion for you getting the CHP headlights, just put something in the classifieds for wanting a set. With so many people selling, wrecking or changing there cars all the time it shouldn't be a problem getting a pair. I had them but when I got the Aussie grills I had to trade for a pair of OEM ones, see what I mean Oh and by the way, a black Tour with the black CHP headlights AND grill ring dipped in muratic acid and painted black looks AWESOME
Posted By: XTREMECONTOUR_dup1 Re: Hightower headlights - 09/03/02 09:33 PM
no more???, so i have the limited edition hpp headlights???

just had to post it........
© CEG Archives