Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZeTeC_dup1 Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 05:56 AM
Hi everyone, glad to see the new boards up. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from the guy who joined in about June or so who worked in a body shop and was going to try and fit this kit to his Contique.

Wasn't sure where to put this since there is no aesthetic forum anymore.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 07:35 AM
I haven't seen anything.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 08:00 AM
I never saw the body kit. Got any pics?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 08:19 AM
I didn't save them and I nothing is archived from the old forums.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 02:34 PM
I believe the kit he is talking about is this..
http://www.prosport.uk.com/catalog/images/products/bodystyling/ford/mon-csf2.htm

The stock ST200 front end looks better than that, and it would be just as rare over here.
Originally posted by Ausgedient:

The stock ST200 front end looks better than that, and it would be just as rare over here.

i agree the st200 looks tons better..that one is alittle over done...almost ricey...
Posted By: RichSVT_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 06:02 PM
I love those headlights!!! THe front end looks very similar to the Saleen one. But overt all it looks too agressive/RICE!
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/17/02 08:18 PM
I just want the hood and headlights...
Ooh' don't get me started on the Saleen kit. What's this make only one stuff?! But oh' well the last thing my car needs is more weight...
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/18/02 12:24 AM
In reply to:

I love those headlights!!! THe front end looks very similar to the Saleen one. But overt all it looks too agressive/RICE!

I like the headlights, but a bumper like that would last about 2 days on the roads I drive on. Plus the mountains they call speed bumps over here would kill them even faster.
The hood is nice, though.
Posted By: mamba3381 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/18/02 11:30 PM
does anyone have any information on how much this costs, as well as whether or not it can be obtained from a source within the US?are there any other body kits like it?thanks
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/20/02 04:20 PM
I know what your talkin about but haven't seen it lately...
Posted By: jb svt_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/20/02 09:44 PM
Originally posted by mamba3381:
does anyone have any information on how much this costs, as well as whether or not it can be obtained from a source within the US?are there any other body kits like it?thanks

You could probably get it shipped to you from a company over the pond. However, the front piece won't fit on a Contour without a good deal of work.
Posted By: JasonS_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 12:16 AM
Originally posted by unknown:
I just want the hood and headlights...

wouldn't just the hood work?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 06:59 AM
Originally posted by RichSVT:
How is agressive=rice?
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 03:09 PM
what do you mean a good deal of work, it looks like it would mount right up. those lamps are the same shape as stock, and their grill and fenders are the same as ours. it would mount easy.
Originally posted by Hector:
How is agressive=rice?
As anybody who has ever fought in a major war or even a small civil conflict knows, there is smart, controlled aggression and dumb aggression. I believe he is referring to the dumb aggression.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 03:31 PM
Originally posted by slolx50:
what do you mean a good deal of work, it looks like it would mount right up. those lamps are the same shape as stock, and their grill and fenders are the same as ours. it would mount easy.

Looks are deceiving. The headlights, hood, and fenders are all different. They can all be made to fit though with the help of a knowledgeable body man.

Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 06:40 PM
the mondeo parts are totally different than our contour parts? if so ford really didn't susceed in making a "world" car. if parts can't be interchanged, how worldly is that?
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 06:44 PM
The nose of the Contour is longer because of the low speed impact bumpers required in the USA. The rest of the world pretty much doesn't require these practically useless bumpers, therefore the Mondeo noses are shorter to save un-needed parts cost. Since the nose on our cars tapers a bit, the further forward it is, the narrower it is. The differences are slight, but they are different enough to not be a bolt on.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 07:23 PM
Welcome to Ford
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 07:45 PM
if everything on the mondeo is smaller and not as wide, the 2.5 must be really wedged in there, because there isn't much room in my engine bay with it in there.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 08:52 PM
Originally posted by slolx50:
if everything on the mondeo is smaller and not as wide, the 2.5 must be really wedged in there, because there isn't much room in my engine bay with it in there.

The engine bay is the same size, everything outside of that is different. The bumper from the grill forward is shorter, the front end components are wider collectively, the fenders curve differently to match the different curve of the outer lip of the head lights, hood is different along the front curve mating up to the grill... Run the Contour into a brick wall about 5 MPH and your dimensions will more closely match a Mondeo's...
Posted By: slolx50_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/21/02 09:35 PM
now that i look more closely i can see that the bumper is further in, but i still can't see the differences in the hoods.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 12:12 AM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
In reply to:

I like the headlights, but a bumper like that would last about 2 days on the roads I drive on. Plus the mountains they call speed bumps over here would kill them even faster.
The hood is nice, though.

Baaahhaaa! That's like the valleys they call pot-holes in New Orleans...that bumper would be taken out in a day.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 12:14 AM
Originally posted by unknown:
I believe the kit he is talking about is this..
http://www.prosport.uk.com/catalog/images/products/bodystyling/ford/mon-csf2.htm

BTW that is a sweet looking car..makes me wish Ford was still making the 'Tours.
Posted By: mamba3381 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 01:24 AM
are there any body kits for the SVT besides the one it comes with?just curious
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 01:31 AM
the hood will likely not work cuz of the headlights. the headlights are different and the hood is made to fit the shape of the lights, hence wouldn't work on ours.
Posted By: WickeD_CSVT Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 03:39 AM
I just thought I would post some pics of my hood cuz I love to brag and yes my car is a whore (and she does it very well).

here are some pics of it. I based it on that hood when I made it.

here is the home page... you will want to goto the aesthetics page to see better pics

2FAST4U

Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 03:40 AM
Originally posted by mamba3381:
are there any body kits for the SVT besides the one it comes with?just curious

The only thing that I know of is..
http://www.fordcontour.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=363&sid=b761afda8edfabad4a48907fc81f38fa
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 03:48 AM
Joker where did you have that done at? How much? I really wanna know!
Posted By: WickeD_CSVT Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/22/02 04:07 AM
I custom made it. It cost about 150.00 for me to make it. $100.00 for the hood and 50.00 for parts. I did the work myself and had a friend paint it for me.
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/23/02 05:12 AM
what taillights did you throw in there?
Posted By: WickeD_CSVT Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/24/02 06:17 AM
I custom made those as well. It took a little time but it really wasn't that hard. Just need to learn how to mold plexiglass.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Mondeo Streetfighter Body Kit??? - 08/24/02 10:27 AM
Originally posted by bnoon:
Run the Contour into a brick wall about 5 MPH and your dimensions will more closely match a Mondeo's...

Brad, speaking of Mondeo bumpers, didn't you have an ST200 bumper cover? Just curious.
© CEG Archives