Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2slowtour where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 03:47 AM
sup guys i tried to do a search but didnt get much . what is a good place to get an HID kit . ??? maybe someone can help..

many thanks

phil
Posted By: Reebs Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 04:28 AM
PM "Goonz SVT" ... he forsurely can help you out. He know his stuff too. Or you can just wait for him to chime in!

Hope that helps!

Reebs
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 04:31 AM
Xenondepot.com one of the best places to get them. They use genuine Philips balasts and bulbs on the 4300K kit which are used on alot of OEM applications. The 6000k Ultinon is still Philips bulbs and ballasts but IMO is too blue and you lose alot of light output. Anything higher than the 6000k xenondepot sells are cheap japaneese kits which are WAY TOO blue for my tastes anyway and not worth the $. For the best light output you want to stay between 4300-5000. I am picking up a 4300k myself very soon.

I'm sure Goonz or PUDMUNKIE will chime in and offer some more info. He's the guy to ask around here.
Posted By: Reebs Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 04:35 AM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

I'm sure Goonz will chime in and offer some more info. He's the guy to ask around here.

Hey, that is what I said!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Reebs:
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

I'm sure Goonz will chime in and offer some more info. He's the guy to ask around here.

Hey, that is what I said!

I must be chopped liver

g'head, ask Goonz who he would have gone to for his projector needs had he known....
Posted By: 2slowtour Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 05:58 PM
thanks guys i checked out that web sit ... so im looking for the 9005 right??? any other ones i sound check out???

best regards phil
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 06:08 PM
Originally posted by 2slowtour:
thanks guys i checked out that web sit ... so im looking for the 9005 right??? any other ones i sound check out???

best regards phil

9006, 9005 is for the high beams.
Posted By: 2slowtour Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 09:02 PM
so i need to get the ones for the low beams??
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/02/06 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 2slowtour:
so i need to get the ones for the low beams??

Yes.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 04:26 AM
**PLEASE READ MY FAQ***

I spent alot of time on that for a reason, if you are confused about somthing, feel free to PM me
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

g'head, ask Goonz who he would have gone to for his projector needs had he known....

yes yes had I known I woulda gone to pudies but oh well, Im still happy with this though..

Posted By: Tourige Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

yes yes had I known I woulda gone to pudies but oh well, Im still happy with this though..

why are yours so crappy looking comparitivly?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET D2R BULBS
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

get off the reefer son..
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 03:07 PM
i bought a Denso HID kit off ebay in a 4300k format. Whats nice is that Denso is the factory HID kit for Lexus. What I ordered came with everything you need.. and it's plug and play, including Philips D2S blubs for my newly acquired quad projectors (I got off Pudmunkie- thanks).

I'll get around to posting some pictures soon, but I can say that Im really happy with the kit and I would recommend it.
Posted By: m4gician Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 03:54 PM
ebay if you don't plan on retrofitting projectors.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 04:42 PM
Originally posted by m4gician:
ebay if you don't plan on retrofitting projectors.

The only downside to the ebay denso kit is that it doesnt come with a proper wiring harness, it just directly connects to your stock 9006 plug. THats not healthy for your HIDs..other then that yes the Denso does come standard on Toyota/Lexus..I had recomended it to Pete (mapoftazi) as a very inexpensive kit, he loves them
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 04:43 PM

get off the reefer son..

Yeah, shame that stuff is pretty much legal in Canada, right?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 04:48 PM

D2R are not for projectors. He has D2s which is what he should have.

The 'quality' may be just from the picture. They are also different projectors. It could also be that HIDtech didnt do that great of a job
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 05:01 PM

The 'quality' may be just from the picture. They are also different projectors. It could also be that HIDtech didnt do that great of a job

that it is..heres a better one

Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 08:30 PM
There's no point in comparing lighting from two different pics...the exposure and other settings of cameras can make a HUGE difference in what shows up in the picture. The only way you can really compare with a picture is when the two lights are together in the same picture.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by amarv12:
There's no point in comparing lighting from two different pics...the exposure and other settings of cameras can make a HUGE difference in what shows up in the picture. The only way you can really compare with a picture is when the two lights are together in the same picture.

true and also in the end pics dont do justice as compared to seeing it in person IMO..
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: where to get HID kit ...?? - 09/03/06 10:00 PM
This is true, Its really hard to portray the kind of color that projector shed through pictures!
© CEG Archives