Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Slammed Headlights - 08/30/06 08:13 PM
Anyone know where to get aftermarket headlights for 2000 ford contours?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Headlights - 08/30/06 08:20 PM
Welcome Noobie!

You can either make your own projector fit headlights, which are drop dead gorgeous.

Or you can wait like the rest of the fools for the not so great looking morettes.

Also, you might want to edit your signature. CEG has a rule against vulgarity.

And, post some pics of your car. I'm very interested to see how slammed it is.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Headlights - 08/30/06 09:35 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Welcome Noobie!

You can either make your own projector fit headlights, which are drop dead gorgeous.

Or you can wait like the rest of the fools for the not so great looking morettes.

your insane, the morettes are beautiful. ITs the primarily reason why I love the post97 contours, because you can do such cool stuff with the headlights, and the morettes are my favy's. Projectors look sweet also though.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Headlights - 08/30/06 09:52 PM
Welcome.

I'm not sure why you want aftermarket headlights, they usually don't fit as well as OEM.

For OEM headlights contact Bill Jenkins at Team Ford to get a price. Make sure to tell him that you are a member of the CEG, he'll give you a good price and they'll fit correctly. His number is: 1-800-791-6436

Aftermarket headlights can be found on Ebay. Be forwarned, they usually do not fit very well.
Posted By: steel Re: Headlights - 08/31/06 07:55 PM
Got both my Headlights on Ebay, and they fit very well, maybe I'm just lucky? That would be a first!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Headlights - 08/31/06 08:04 PM
You were lucky!
I remember a few people saying that their headlights fit but the majority of the people said that the fitment was terrible.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Headlights - 08/31/06 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I'm not sure why you want aftermarket headlights, they usually don't fit as well as OEM.

By aftermarket, I take it he's looking for something that doesn't look stock. "Aftermarket" can be taken two different ways I suppose. Depot makes an "OEM-looking" aftermarket headlight for the Contour. Morette makes an aftermarket light with a completely different look.

Mark
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Headlights - 08/31/06 08:35 PM
Very true Mark.
I was thinking aftermarket headlights, like Depot, when I posted.

Now where is Slammed so he can tell us for sure what he's looking for.
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: Headlights - 08/31/06 08:38 PM
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=325018&siteid=214270&catalogid=4014

Here is a link to my Ford OEM ones for only $220.
Posted By: gooserex Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 02:33 PM
If you live in Canada, Ford is selling our headlights for $98 each, that's $224 after taxes! I know I just picked mine up yesterday!
Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 05:11 PM
what do you guys think of the aftermarket ones on ebay? they go for 68-100 bucks. hows the quality?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 05:15 PM
They dont fit right. The outside edges usually stick out past the edge of the car, i.e. dont fit flush.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 05:21 PM
i have a TYC and it fits more flush then the OEM...
Posted By: icysvt Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 09:01 PM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
i have a TYC and it fits more flush then the OEM...

X2
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 09:23 PM
I got mine (OEM Ford ones, the real ones...) from Steve Tousley. For the 2 headlights, and 5 of the screws, and UPS shipping, it was $214 total.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Headlights - 09/02/06 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Welcome Noobie!

I dont think he was knocking the morretts, he was just saying everyone is waiting like fools because the chances they are gonna happen are slim...

To original poster...

There are a few things you can do for a dif. appearance of the lights. You can fit HID's in there which are godly, but expensive. You can have parkedcar make you a set of vinyls to give your lights a sleeker look with "eyebrows". You can hightower your lights which consists of taking them apart and painting the interior.

These are a few options for you. For more info, do a search in this forum and you'll find a lot of info on how to do it, and what else (if anything else) is available.

your insane, the morettes are beautiful. ITs the primarily reason why I love the post97 contours, because you can do such cool stuff with the headlights, and the morettes are my favy's. Projectors look sweet also though.

Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: Headlights - 09/03/06 07:31 PM
can you point me were the TYC ones are?
© CEG Archives