Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m4gician Re-aim headlamps after installing eyelids? - 08/12/06 05:47 AM
Because of a portion of light being blocked, is it possible that the headlights need to be re-aimed, possibly a little bit higher?
Originally posted by m4gician:
Because of a portion of light being blocked, is it possible that the headlights need to be re-aimed, possibly a little bit higher?

umm no..the light output outa contour headlights isnt the greatest so losing some wouldnt really matter..
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

umm no..the light output outa contour headlights isnt the greatest so losing some wouldnt really matter..

quiet! you projector using, smart ass know it all lol. Thanks for the help, putting the vinyl on tomorrow, if looks ugly, will rip off and want money back
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

quiet! you projector using, smart ass know it all lol. Thanks for the help, putting the vinyl on tomorrow, if looks ugly, will rip off and want money back

eyelidsd never look ugly on our cars if done right. Hey I had stock headlights before with every imaginable bulbs out there and then to HID's and now to projectors, I know my lights
They really dont cut into the beam at all. No need to re-aim
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

True.
I didn't have to re-aim mine.

Ditto.
Posted By: Korfu Re: Re-aim headlamps after installing eyelids? - 08/13/06 01:46 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
--------------------
Phil

98 Silver Frost #2059

Ur names not Phil!
my cars headlights look like brad pitt in 12 monkeys. need to fix that someday.
Originally posted by LUCA:

True.
I didn't have to re-aim mine.

x2
no matter how much you re aim the stock reflector sucks. if you aim your ligts higher the high beam wont even hit the road. so its best to keep the light at factory height. only difference i did in my aiming is i aimed my lights wider. projectors would be nice but im not to good at stuff like that. i should have kept my old lights to practice on.
Posted By: BenC Re: Re-aim headlamps after installing eyelids? - 08/24/06 06:10 PM
If you're worried, put some foglights on. That should help. Only thing, is mine are so bright that they're brighter than just regular brights. I need to put a switch on them. I have them hooked up to come on with the dim headlights. I even piss off truckers in the far lane on 4-lane roads, let alone 2-lane. Need to replace headlight bulbs too. These things are too dam dim. Might as well run on DRLs.

I have Diamond Blue foglights (by Blazer). Real nice, especially compared to those Wal-Mart ones that rust. Had these on my old 95 Contour and this one. So they're 6 years old with no rust whatsoever. My Wal-Mart ones rusted in under 2, and the screw was getting crunchy to turn. Same thing happened with the ones on here before, and they were only on a year. Total junk.
© CEG Archives