Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BlackE1 Where to buy paint - 08/04/06 02:24 PM
I am hoping to paint the fiberglass eyelids I made. I am going to be using a HVLP spray gun; I have already used a primer sealer.
My question is where can I find paint, do I need to get a color mixed to match my black svt or will a regular black the same?
Also what do you guys recommend for type of paint, I did some research and think I am going to go with acrylic enamel.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Where to buy paint - 08/04/06 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
I am hoping to paint the fiberglass eyelids I made. I am going to be using a HVLP spray gun; I have already used a primer sealer.
My question is where can I find paint, do I need to get a color mixed to match my black svt or will a regular black the same?
Also what do you guys recommend for type of paint, I did some research and think I am going to go with acrylic enamel.

I think you can order it from bill jenkins right from ford... might be a little on the pricey side... As for paint matching, its pretty much a waste of time/money. unless your black paint is faded beyond belief. I had side skirts painted on my old GL using the factory paint code no paint matching at all and it matched up perfectly. just get the color you need based upon your paint code, it will match perfectly...
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Where to buy paint - 08/04/06 06:10 PM
I've used www.paintscratch.com a few times and have had good luck with their paint.
I didn't particularly care for their clearcoat but I was using the rattle can vs a paint gun.
Posted By: elraido Re: Where to buy paint - 08/04/06 10:54 PM
napa
Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: Where to buy paint - 08/05/06 12:06 AM
wanna make me some eyelids??
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Where to buy paint - 08/05/06 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I've used www.paintscratch.com a few times and have had good luck with their paint.
I didn't particularly care for their clearcoat but I was using the rattle can vs a paint gun.

I echo this statement. I used some paint from paintscratch and was happy with it, but had trouble with the clearcoat. Paint matched well. I just could never get the clearcoat to shine up.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Where to buy paint - 08/07/06 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SVTJON87:
wanna make me some eyelids??

check this out click
Posted By: m4gician Re: Where to buy paint - 08/07/06 01:38 PM
If you go down to your local autozone or auto store they MAY have paint to match yours. Check the paint code on your driver side door, (it's 2 letters) and go from there.
© CEG Archives