Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Every home depot I've went to doesn't sell gutter guard sheets anymore, those sheets were perfect for meshing things up. I mesh'ed my grill and want to mesh my lower grill where my fogs are but home depot stoped carrying them and to this day I haven't found an aluminum sheet that resembles that same pattern... anyways please don't try to sell me your sheet because by the time it gets here its more than double what I paid for it . Have you guys found any other solutions or does Home Depot US still carry them?
You will probably have to do what I am going to try. To make it long enough, I will try soldering the two sections together. I'm not terribly worried about the joint being all shiny and bright silver, as I will eventually paint the grill. If you try it before I do, be sure and post your results. Just make sure to line everything up very carefully, so it doesn't look pieced together.
maybe try a local store ...
Oh noes!!! What are the ricers going to use now?!!?!?
Originally posted by BatteryLight:
Oh noes!!! What are the ricers going to use now?!!?!?

my comment was going to be similar to this but I held back.
Originally posted by m4gician:
Every home depot I've went to doesn't sell gutter guard sheets anymore,

good - ugliest mod ever.

get some elky or stazi mesh man!
Originally posted by TGO:
Every home depot I've went to doesn't sell gutter guard sheets anymore,

good - ugliest mod ever.

get some elky or stazi mesh man!

if you paint it with a nice gloss it looks just like mesh kits you pay upwards of 70 bux for. the style isnt the best though.
yeah ec\xcept it bends very easily...crap it's hard to even install without screwing it up.
Originally posted by JeSiZZle:
get some elky or stazi mesh man! if you paint it with a nice gloss it looks just like mesh kits you pay upwards of 70 bux for. the style isnt the best though.

Really? I was unaware that painting gutter guard gave it a different pattern. Wow!
If you really "need" mesh...
Every home depot I've went to doesn't sell gutter guard sheets anymore, those sheets were perfect for meshing things up. I mesh'ed my grill and want to mesh my lower grill where my fogs are but home depot stoped carrying them and to this day I haven't found an aluminum sheet that resembles that same pattern... anyways please don't try to sell me your sheet because by the time it gets here its more than double what I paid for it . Have you guys found any other solutions or does Home Depot US still carry them?

shooo, I just bought some there last week, they had a crap load of it left... helll Im loading up on it now...
Ummm....call a local gutter guy. I'm sure they have some.
well I can't go back and change it now, I need the matching gutter guard for frekaing continuity otherwise I'll look like I live in the ghetto...
I'll look like I live in the ghetto...

you do know your using gutter guard for your grill right??
I'm pretty sure we still have it here in The South. Heck, we use that stuff for everything! I used a couple sheets of it for a grill rack to roast up some steaks not too long ago.
if you paint it with a nice gloss it looks just like mesh kits you pay upwards of 70 bux for. the style isnt the best though.

Really? I was unaware that painting gutter guard gave it a different pattern. Wow!

1. quote me correctly...
2. who said anything about a different pattern? i simply said it looks good if you paint it nicely. looks like the same stuff thats at autozone and advance for like 70 bux...but you do get what you pay for.
blah you want me to use better mesh, FINE i'll go out and BUY some car mesh for upwards of $40 a sheet... sheesh,
blah you want me to use better mesh, FINE i'll go out and BUY some car mesh for upwards of $40 a sheet... sheesh,

I dont understand why that crap is so expensive... does it last longer? I mean, with my gutterguard I just sprayed 3 or 4 layers of clearcoat over it, never tarnished on my contour, wont on my corolla either.
A couple years ago when I first bought my car and had no taste for modifying an automobile, I used GG for my grilles... Had it for a couple months before I realized how much of a cheap a$s ricer I looked like nad bought some good stuff.

investing in mesh is your best bet...elky's or stazi's mesh is
well I can't go back and change it now, I need the matching gutter guard for frekaing continuity otherwise I'll look like I live in the ghetto...

You ain't seen ghetto till you seen mines...
Took me 10 mins to do w/ a pair of shearers for pruning bushes, talk about half-assed. But alas, I'm too used to it to take it off.
Have you considered...

...The Gutter Helmet?

investing in mesh is your best bet...elky's or stazi's mesh is

Meh. I really don't care for the look of either. Personal preference. As far as GG looking cheap, it is all in the details. If you take your time, paint it properly, mount it securely, I think it looks fine. Inexpensive does not always mean cheap. I have sources for other grill material, but it is insanely and ridiculously expensive, and there is no guarantee it will last any longer than the GG.

As I said, it's all in the details. Mine has virtually no flex or give in it, and if a rock punctures it, it's a $4.00 fix. Mod smart, not expensive.

Cut and bent to fit the contour of the grill, and securely fastened with screws and washers:

Not a thing wrong with how this looks, and it certainly is NOT ricer!

All in all, it really cracks me up how some people get all high and mighty and act superior towards people who are just now doing what they did a few years back.
Hey, I admitted to using it! Then I realized how cheap and ricer that it is. Get over it.
And I'm saying that if it is properly done, it looks neither cheap nor ricer. And I think my pics prove that. As I said, it's all in the details. You might have just slapped on some raw GG, and against a chrome ring on a silver frost, yeah, that would look rather cheap. That's why I painted my mesh. No longer looks cheap. Or ricer.
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
And I'm saying that if it is properly done, it looks neither cheap nor ricer. And I think my pics prove that. As I said, it's all in the details. You might have just slapped on some raw GG, and against a chrome ring on a silver frost, yeah, that would look rather cheap. That's why I painted my mesh. No longer looks cheap. Or ricer.

You like to argue, don't you?

Me? If you had said, "I used to have GG on my car, but my tastes have changed and now I have something else," and let it go at that, then this debate would never have happened. Instead you tried to pass off your opinion as fact. That's what I find irritating.

And yes, arguing is fun. Especially since I'm right.

Me? If you had said, "I used to have GG on my car, but my tastes have changed and now I have something else," and let it go at that, then this debate would never have happened. Instead you tried to pass off your opinion as fact. That's what I find irritating.

Get bent!

Get bent!

I was BORN bent! ....and I can't help it if it curves off to one side a little. Why don't you go make fun of insurance buying cavemen and leave me and my deformity alone!
I did a gunmetal metallic spray over my '97SE plastic grill. It's subtle but I think it looks nice...matches my rims pretty well without being flashy.
Two words...Aussie grills
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

I need to get a set of those.

***bracing myself for the inevitable flaming*** Umm....huh? Please clarify with a picture, because when I Google it, this is what I keep getting:

***bracing myself for the inevitable flaming*** Umm....huh? Please clarify with a picture, because when I Google it, this is what I keep getting:

thats one sweet grill
© CEG Archives