Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Augi Mach 1 splitter - 07/15/06 05:09 AM
I have a chance to buy a mach 1 splitter and fab it to the 'tour, $50 for the splitter. It is a bit scuffed up, but it would be nice to see what I can do with one.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/15/06 05:51 AM
Make sure you post pics. Progress as well as completion!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/15/06 08:03 AM
ya that could be a fun project. Keep us updated on that!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/17/06 06:37 PM
definitely interested to see how it turns out!
Posted By: gooserex Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 04:23 AM
Got a pic of the splitter?!
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 05:33 AM
are you talking about this splitter?

Posted By: Augi Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 06:31 AM
The very same.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 02:14 PM
i think that would look hot. is it a plastic or fiberglass. kinda reminds me of my 89 celica gts kitty catcher.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 04:49 PM
try it out and see how it lines up with our bumper. If it's way off then you could always sell it on focaljet or something.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 04:55 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:

Posted By: gooserex Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Frosty:
Originally posted by XKontour98:

x10000 Document your process, regardless of how smooth it goes.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 10:13 PM
I think i saw one of the Mach 1 splitters on a taurus before...that would be cool if they fit on the contique bumpers!
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/18/06 10:14 PM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
are you talking about this splitter?

thats one of the most clean focus' i've ever seen
Posted By: Augi Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/19/06 05:31 AM
I have to wait, It has been previously sold...

I did try it out and it was longer than ours, besides that, I have a pre '98 so it wouldn't even bolt up. I think it would look hot on an SVT or a newer Contique just because they have differant bumpers. Ours have a sort of splitter already molded on the bumper... Also, it IS indeed plastic.
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/19/06 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Augi:

I did try it out and it was longer than ours, besides that, I have a pre '98 so it wouldn't even bolt up. I think it would look hot on an SVT or a newer Contique just because they have differant bumpers. Ours have a sort of splitter already molded on the bumper... Also, it IS indeed plastic.

newer as in post 98?.. same front bumper minus the small 'lip' pre-98s have. and of course the different headlight cut outs.. its the 'same' but not the 'same'
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/19/06 02:16 PM
Originally posted by pre98zetec:

newer as in post 98?.. same front bumper minus the small 'lip' pre-98s have. and of course the different headlight cut outs.. its the 'same' but not the 'same'

Bumpers are completely different. The lower intake opening is a different size and shape, as well as the pre-98 having some odd little rectangular openings along the very bottom of the lip. The bottom also arcs up near the centerline of the car, where the 98+ is straight across at the bottom with no additional openings.
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/19/06 02:38 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Bumpers are completely different. The lower intake opening is a different size and shape, as well as the pre-98 having some odd little rectangular openings along the very bottom of the lip. The bottom also arcs up near the centerline of the car, where the 98+ is straight across at the bottom with no additional openings.

that's basically what I just said in my above post .. I said it was close, never said it was exact. If you just glance at it they look the same.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/19/06 04:55 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

that's basically what I just said in my above post .. I said it was close, never said it was exact. If you just glance at it they look the same.

We're talking how close are they in relation to molding a body part to them, not in just giving a quick glance. Yeah, for a quick glance they APPEAR to be virtually identical. But in terms of a body mod and fitting something to an early bumper versus a later bumper, it's not even close. That's what I was getting at.

So right back at ya!
Posted By: gooserex Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 01:30 AM
For a $130+ USD, who's going to take a gamble and get it to fit a 'tour?

Steeda Mach 1 'splitter'
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 02:21 AM
is everone else forgetting how the svt bumper has a middle secton that is higher than either side??? its not flat across like the GT's are.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
is everone else forgetting how the svt bumper has a middle secton that is higher than either side??? its not flat across like the GT's are.

Augi (who started this thread) has a '96 Zetec, not an SVT.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 03:18 AM
My mom was looking at getting one for her mustang if she does I will see how it fits my svt I'll post pics if she goes through with getting it. It would look Hawt if it qould fit .
Posted By: gooserex Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 03:43 AM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
My mom was looking at getting one for her mustang if she does I will see how it fits my svt I'll post pics if she goes through with getting it. It would look Hawt if it qould fit .

It would fit, but getting it to fit wouldn't be for the faint of heart or anyone that failed shop class.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Mach 1 splitter - 07/20/06 12:09 PM
Nothing a little molding wouldn't take care of
© CEG Archives