Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Anybody know where I can get... - 07/12/06 06:12 PM
Hey there, I swear I read somewhere a little while back someone or some place that was selling OEM SVT Side Skirts for SVT's for like $75 a piece or pair or something... I can't remember exactly, but can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find SVT side skirts outside of the steelership? Thanx guys!
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 01:21 AM
Anyone? I really need the side skirts!!!
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 01:32 AM
to be honest i'm not sure-- definetly stay away from the stealership as much as possible though-- they charged 60$ for just a jack point cover--

when worst comes to worse-- there are a few in the classifieds IIRC-- depending on what color you need
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 01:38 AM
Yeah, I've emailed, hopefully I hear back soon... the steelership wants WAAAAY to much for those pieces anyway, like you said. The color doesn't matter at all to me, they will be getting worked and painted either way. Thank you for the response. :-)
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 01:43 AM
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
they charged 60$ for just a jack point cover--

$60 for a jack point cover?!?! I paid $15 from Ford, painted black.
Posted By: TGO Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 01:58 AM
yeah they're $15 from bill jenkins, but they don't come painted anymore.
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 05:22 PM
Does anybody know how much side skirts through him would be? I would assume a TON, but I really need them and am having one hell of a time finding them... I swear before I saw somewhere where you could get OEM side skirts for like 75 a piece or something like that... even if it's more, whatever, I need them ASAP.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 05:26 PM
I'd call Steve over at Tousley Ford here in Minnesota. With parts that are outrageous like that you get one hell of a discount. 1-800-328-9552 just ask for Steve and mention that part you need and tell him your with the SVTPerformance group account. Done deal.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 05:34 PM
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
I'd call Steve over at Tousley Ford here in Minnesota. With parts that are outrageous like that you get one hell of a discount. 1-800-328-9552 just ask for Steve and mention that part you need and tell him your with the SVTPerformance group account. Done deal.

Yup.

Left Sideskirt (SVT) - - $124.71
Right Siderskirt (SVT) - - $95.76
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 05:44 PM
At that price, do they come painted? Just curious... Thank you btw for the help so far guys, you rock.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by CSVT#49:

Yup.

Left Sideskirt (SVT) - - $124.71
Right Siderskirt (SVT) - - $95.76

how come the left one is more expensive ??
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 07:36 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:

Call Henry Ford.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 07:45 PM

supply and demand, why is the rear bumper more expensive, maybe there are alot of them that get rear ended causing the demand to go up ... must be similar to the drivers side skirt ... maybe to many rip it off and need a new one during one of those touchless car washes ...
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:

supply and demand, why is the rear bumper more expensive, maybe there are alot of them that get rear ended causing the demand to go up ... must be similar to the drivers side skirt ... maybe to many rip it off and need a new one during one of those touchless car washes ...

This happened to me!! And I preach to everyone I know not to use them. I was just in a hurry and had to run through some kind of washing apparatus. Stupid...Never again.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/13/06 10:24 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
they charged 60$ for just a jack point cover--

$60 for a jack point cover?!?! I paid $15 from Ford, painted black.

yep--

Blackwell Ford
Plymouth, MI

Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 03:43 AM
One thing I do know about the front and rear bumber pricing... the reason Ford charges so much more for SVT body parts (in general on any SVT car) is because they do NOT want "fake" ones driving around... it's not in their best interest to sell a specialized car or somewhat of an "elite group" of cars and have people copy them with other cars, if you want one, you should buy a real one from them... that's most of the reason. The reason that the rear facia is so much more than the front is because the bumper structure and crash zone is IN the bumper, it's not just a cover... I have bran new SVT service order front and rear facia (this is why I need the side skirts), the price difference is clear there... the front bumper is merely a cover. It probably costs about $10 more than the SE bumper in materials and mold, but since it's an SVT, that's where the price gouge comes in.

As far as the side skirts... I have no idea, possibly because the drivers side gets more wear and tear with the driver getting in and out of the car, more likely to be replaced?... who knows... but unless there is a notable difference in the parts, even structurely, it's more than likely a supply/demand, or even more importantly, demand issue.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

This happened to me!! And I preach to everyone I know not to use them. I was just in a hurry and had to run through some kind of washing apparatus. Stupid...Never again.

You serious?! That's scary, I may never go to one of those again. I sometimes regret being so low. When I pull up to some carwashes they give me a face and tell me my car will never make it through when I had already done it 5 times before
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 11:52 AM
You regret being so low? Send me your side skirts then and you'll be just fine
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 11:59 AM
Originally posted by WA2FAST:
One thing I do know about the front and rear bumber pricing... the reason Ford charges so much more for SVT body parts (in general on any SVT car) is because they do NOT want "fake" ones driving around... it's not in their best interest to sell a specialized car or somewhat of an "elite group" of cars and have people copy them with other cars, if you want one, you should buy a real one from them... that's most of the reason. The reason that the rear facia is so much more than the front is because the bumper structure and crash zone is IN the bumper, it's not just a cover... I have bran new SVT service order front and rear facia (this is why I need the side skirts), the price difference is clear there... the front bumper is merely a cover. It probably costs about $10 more than the SE bumper in materials and mold, but since it's an SVT, that's where the price gouge comes in.

As far as the side skirts... I have no idea, possibly because the drivers side gets more wear and tear with the driver getting in and out of the car, more likely to be replaced?... who knows... but unless there is a notable difference in the parts, even structurely, it's more than likely a supply/demand, or even more importantly, demand issue.

those are all good points, I just got used bumpers and completely forgot about that fact ... but a point to note is the pre98 front bumper at least on the mystique has the support built into it, the first time I took a post 98 front bumper off I went for the support bolts not knowing that it wasn't one peice.

on the side skirts, it might be something as simple as the mold was made for one side and there was alot of added cost to have it mirrored for the other side, the front control arms are the same way one costs more but they are mirror images ...
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 04:00 PM
Steve said:
Left - 146.45
Right - 112.44
Shipping to Michigan aprox $25
They come primed (no paint), access pannels, brackets, retaining clips, etc... 100% complete bran new parts. I guess that's not too bad, but damn, aother $300 bucks! Geez! For a steelership, that's not too bad though, so I'm happy with the "fall back" plan if need be... thank you guys for pointing me in that direction.
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:03 PM
i just bought my side skirt (right side)from bill jenkins the other day and it came in yesturday...its rele nice and has th ejack covers included except i just wish it already came in silver frost
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:05 PM
That by far is the hardest color to match... that's why they don't supply it in that color. They will have to blend up the doors, it would stand way out.
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:16 PM
thing is..when i go to paint the car im giving the body shop the old sideskirt so they can match the paint up witht hat so it dosent stand out
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:26 PM
Why wouldn't you just give them the car WITH the sideskirt on it so you don't have to worry about it... with a complete, you don't need to worry about things matching... the entire car is getting painted, so if its a shade off from the standard, who cares because the whole thing is uniform.
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:32 PM
i figured id rather just repaint the car later when it rele looks like crap...the paint is in perfect conditon rite now and not worth spending 2k+$$$ on a brand new paint job...ratyher put that money into other things for the car, like a SVT bumper...... coughs*GTO Pete*coughs lol
Posted By: WA2FAST_dup1 Re: Anybody know where I can get... - 07/14/06 07:39 PM
Gotchya... well if you jsut take them the skirt, you don't need to take them the old one, they will match it and blend it to the car.
© CEG Archives