Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I can't convince myself to buy the SVT kits with exhaust yet, so I'm just wondering is there a bolt on Chrome tip that'll fit the current stock muffler I have on there and make it look good? I guess just as a side guess, what is the diameter of the stock pipe? Is there anyone who has had success bolting or spot welding on a chrome tip just simply for aesthethic reasons?
anyone with any idea?
go to autozone and see which ones will fit..
This might work.
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
This might work.

I'm not going to lie to you, they look good. But the price is way too outrageous. $25 GBP? That's $50 at least than the shipping, but it looks really nice. I'm going to message them about the exact sizing and dimensions of that, to see if that will fit on my car first of all, and secondly to be the provider of info to help find a more affordable substitute. THanks for the link though, that really helped quite a bit.
here's an idea, Save your money and do it right. No sense in wasting money on something you dont plan to keep for a while.

So wait, save up, and then buy the exhaust system that you really like.
How's this? Canadian Tire,like $10. Just fit right over the stock tip,friction fit,I never even bothered screwing it in. HAd the car for about a year with no problems of it ever loosening. Man,I just saw you're in Toronto. I had a custom SVT style exhaust on my Contour I could have sold you cheap. I left it on my car when I scrapped it! I think the wreckers has already removed it,though my car is still sitting in the yard.

Got a cheap one from Walmart, around $6. Looks good, much better than the stock tip. I did have to drill a hole in it though to drain out the water that was collecting. This one has a bolt on either side that you turned in to hold it on.
Originally posted by MazTour:
How's this?

it looks like your tip is having a problem with erectial disfuction.
I actually want something similar to that eBay link above. Only reason is I am not going to be putting on the SVT kit on my car, just that tip, and I'm going to detail it with products I already have so I mean it's not bad. And for your information, thank you I mean it's not worth it for me to be the tradional young adult male and invest everything into my ride. I'm going to probably buy another car then but I wanna make this car look good for my younger brother who will get his license soon . Thanks for the suggestions guys.
When I had my car I had a bolt-on chrome tip. I got it online for like $10 or something like that. The stock tip is a 2 inch. I think mine was maybe a 3 inch. It tucked up there nice and you couldn't see the bolts.

Not a great photo, but maybe it will help.

I put one on my truck, but I need another one. The one I have is not long enough and you can easily see the bolts, etc. Not great. But for now, better looking than a rusty tailpipe.
© CEG Archives