Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: my98SVTturbo part number please - 07/04/06 08:00 PM
alright the part number i need is for the 98-00 contour rear trunk lid chrome embelem peice with the ford embelem(the chrome strip along the top of the tail lights with the ford embelem in the middle). i attempted to tell the ford dealer this and they thought i was nuts ...id really apricate it if some one could tell me.

thank you ahead of time
Alex
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: part number please - 07/04/06 08:13 PM
You need to buy the entire reflector.

Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: part number please - 07/04/06 08:14 PM
Yeap, it's one piece.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: part number please - 07/04/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by my98SVTturbo:
alright the part number i need is for the 98-00 contour rear trunk lid chrome embelem peice with the ford embelem(the chrome strip along the top of the tail lights with the ford embelem in the middle). i attempted to tell the ford dealer this and they thought i was nuts ...id really apricate it if some one could tell me.

thank you ahead of time
Alex

All one piece, hit up the junk yard.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: part number please - 07/04/06 09:07 PM
junk yard... becareful when your takin it off...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: part number please - 07/04/06 09:54 PM
Theres 6 bolts behind it I believe. Long 10mm socket and a short extention will be all you should need.

Steve
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: part number please - 07/05/06 02:27 AM
ughh i knew it...wghats the part number for that then? and how much would that cost?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: part number please - 07/05/06 12:54 PM
ughh i knew it...wghats the part number for that then? and how much would that cost?

Who cares what the part number is? The price from a Ford dealership is going to be so insane, you'll never afford that turbo kit by the time you turn 16. Like people have been saying, go to a local junkyard and find one. Probably won't be much more than $20.

Mark
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: part number please - 07/05/06 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Who cares what the part number is? The price from a Ford dealership is going to be so insane, you'll never afford that turbo kit by the time you turn 16. Like people have been saying, go to a local junkyard and find one. Probably won't be much more than $20.

Mark

yeah i guess that stupid peice would be around 200-300 $$$from ford, what a waste. junk yards a good idea...
oh yeah and about the turbo...i wasnt planing on getting it when i turn 16...17 is the goal...i got alot of other stuff that needs to be fixed on the car before thats even a thought.
Posted By: Tourige Re: part number please - 07/05/06 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

yeah i guess that stupid peice would be around 200-300 $$$from ford, what a waste. junk yards a good idea...
oh yeah and about the turbo...i wasnt planing on getting it when i turn 16...17 is the goal...i got alot of other stuff that needs to be fixed on the car before thats even a thought.

No offence, but if your to lazy to go to a junk yard to pick up the piece for cheap your never going to survive a Turbo build.
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: part number please - 07/05/06 02:06 PM

No offence, but if your to lazy to go to a junk yard to pick up the piece for cheap your never going to survive a Turbo build.

going to the junkyard today
Alex
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: part number please - 07/06/06 12:28 AM
If you don't find one contact Phil (Airforce) here on the boards. He goes to the junkyards and finds parts for people in need.

Check the Group Buy section, he was the one running the emblem group buy...

Steve
© CEG Archives