Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hightower GT Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 02:13 PM
Is anyone interested in having me do my patented "Hightower Headlight Mod" to their headlights? I don't bake them, nor do I paint over the blinker reflecting cup. I can also leave out the orange reflector if you want.

Price is $160 for flat black and shipping back to you. If you want colors other than flat black, it would be $20 more.

Here is the old picture of Timmay's ride that I did way back in the day.

Anyone interested?

-Chris Hightower
Posted By: Tourige Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 03:46 PM
You should know by now that this should be in Group Buy.
Posted By: idahosvtc Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 04:42 PM
i would be but it would be a few weeks before i had the money together.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 05:25 PM
so 160 to send you the lights and paint and send them back-- i dont know, i do really want to do this to mine, but don't have the balls to try it-- and my damn lenses are fogged so it would look like crap
Posted By: Tourige Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 05:56 PM
To be honest i dont think they look that great.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 06:08 PM
I'll send you mine, if you wetsand em inside and out (only cuz I want the inside haze cleaned by a *professional*)
Posted By: rouar Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 06:16 PM
I think they look perfect on the Contour but I've heard concerns about night visibility from those who had it done previously.

If I had an SVT, I'd consider it if you didn't keep changing your handle every three days.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/04/06 07:01 PM
i'd probably do it if you'd replace my hazey lenses
Maybe it's just me, but $160 seems a little steep.

And lenses aren't that hard to wet sand and polish. If you want it done for a reasonable price, send me a PM.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 02:12 AM
Originally posted by cannondalemtb:

And lenses aren't that hard to wet sand and polish. If you want it done for a reasonable price, send me a PM.

of course not but I'm just saying though that these headlights better have gold linings when I get htem back.
they do look nice on a black. they would probally look good on the cars with the darker colors and silver. or to make a svt tour look better. my s.e. would probally look ricey wiht those lights. i would probally be down for removal of the orange thing. one thing i would like is a center reflector that lights up like on the Mark VIII
I'm not going to wet-sand anything.

It doesn't affect the light pattern one bit.

If you think ~$140 and ~$20 shipping is too steep, you might not understand what it takes to do these (4-5 hours a pair). It does take me a few hours to open these things up and paint them. I DO NOT BAKE THEM!

And, this shouldn't be in a group buy since a group buying these things is not going to bring the price down. Thanks though.
Originally posted by Tourige:

Way to thread crap.
Originally posted by Ricky Bobby:

Way to thread crap.

x2
i think they look good. just wouldnt on my car. i would rather put the money towards a polly roll resistor or maintenance on my car.
Posted By: Reebs Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:

Way to thread crap.

x2

What else do you expect from Tourige!

Anyways, I think they look great, but I love my head lights even more...

Custom Hella Projectors Baby! I bought Markus's car and he did an awesome job on them. They give out some serious lighting!

I'll try to get some close up pics!

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 03:14 PM
I'd love to have this done but would like to see pictures first.
Does anyone have pictures of their silver SVT/non-SVT with this mod done?

Please PM me the pictures as I'd like to keep this thread clean. **Only silver cars with this done please**
TIA!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:
I'd love to have this done but would like to see pictures first.
Does anyone have pictures of their silver SVT/non-SVT with this mod done?

Please PM me the pictures as I'd like to keep this thread clean. **Only silver cars with this done please**
TIA!

Please PM me with the same pix if it's not too much trouble! As LUCA said, Silver Frosts only please! Thanks from me too.
Posted By: R_G Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 09:15 PM
CH's quality is a given, no need to argue about that. I got 2 questions though:

a) the time frame once u get 'em and the money
b) need better pix
Originally posted by R_G:
CH's quality is a given, no need to argue about that. I got 2 questions though:

a) the time frame once u get 'em and the money
b) need better pix

a. They should be a 1-2 day turnaround, then 2-3 days shipping back to you. If you want them overnighted back to you, and want them expedited, I'm sure we can arrange something.

b. If you search the archives, I think you can find some. My car was silver with flat black painted headlights. Roger R had his painted black on a silver car.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 09:41 PM

And, this shouldn't be in a group buy since a group buying these things is not going to bring the price down. Thanks though.

Neither is Pole120's Throttle body "Group buy" But its still in that forum because people go there to buy things, even if its not a group buy.
Posted By: m!key Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 09:48 PM
F'in tool.

ricky, i think you will have to pay this "hightower" chap royalties for the use of his name. you should call them "bobbied" lights.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/05/06 09:49 PM

Neither is Pole120's Throttle body "Group buy" But its still in that forum because people go there to buy things, even if its not a group buy.

Ok........... GO!

[STRONGBAD] I will charge you $1000 to do your headlights, just because you are an idiot!

And I will like totally paint the inside of the lenses so you crash the car at night!
[/STRONGBAD]
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/06/06 04:25 AM

don't worry- everyone around here knows tourige is an E-[censored]...

i still may do it, i hope this stays around -- i'm just a dirt poor college kid right now so, who knows
i got an idea how about a grill with projectors fitted into them to use as auxhilary lights for those real dark roads.
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
i still may do it, i hope this stays around -- i'm just a dirt poor college kid right now so, who knows

Heaven forbid you tap into the Beer Fund for car stuff!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/06/06 03:50 PM

I will charge you $1000 to do your headlights

Hey now dont make fun of my lights!

Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/06/06 04:45 PM

Heaven forbid you tap into the Beer Fund for car stuff!!!

i second that motion
So does anyone else want these? It will be the last time I do these F0r3v@R!
Posted By: m!key Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/10/06 09:44 PM
if the morettes werent getting done soon i would be on these like stink on poop. wait, i thought you were making me a pair anyway ricky.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/15/06 12:32 PM
If my lenses weren't hazzed beyond recognition, I'd be in on this. Maybe after today I can if I find a good set of lights at the junkyard.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/16/06 12:19 AM
Jeez, I can't believe some of the responses I'm seeing. God, people, why do you think they call them Hightower lights? They're named after the guy who did them first!!! "Seems alittle steep, better be lined with gold, wet sand them for me", Jesus, I don't believe this. I approached Chris about doing this a year or so ago and he said no cause he didn't have the time to get involved with it. If mine weren't already done by that banned butthead in California, I'd be on this in a second. If you want them done, let him know. Otherwise, don't post. Asking for a picture is reasonable, questioning his quality isn't.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/16/06 02:17 AM
i agree-- i'm with the guy before you though-- my lenses are just too hazed and it's not worth it, i'm to picky to stare at hazed lenses and get my heads hightowered ---

if i find something to do about the lenses, i'd be all over this
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/16/06 04:48 PM
i agree-- i'm with the guy before you though-- my lenses are just too hazed and it's not worth it, i'm to picky to stare at hazed lenses and get my heads hightowered ---

if i find something to do about the lenses, i'd be all over this

search first, but here it is anyway
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/16/06 11:58 PM
well i knew you could clean them and wax and polish and stuff-- but i thought that only lasted about two weeks? i could have swore someone wrote that in a thread
well i knew you could clean them and wax and polish and stuff-- but i thought that only lasted about two weeks? i could have swore someone wrote that in a thread

That's if you clear coat over them. If you remove the UV coating (the part that hazes) the underlying plastic does not yellow.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/17/06 06:12 PM

"*Group Buys require special circumstances. Usually, this consists of a special run of a product, minimum number of participants, lower prices, a deadline, etc. If it is a product that will always be available at a certain price regardless of participants, then it is NOT a Group Buy."
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/19/06 05:04 PM
You have a PM Mr. Hightower.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Interest Check: Hightower Headlights? - 07/21/06 07:21 PM
Not wanting to bug you but did you get my PM Chris?
I have some trouble with people not receiving my PM's so I just thought I'd check.
© CEG Archives