Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT i think my emblems are weird - 06/29/06 09:50 PM
ok, i just noticed that i havent seen another csvt that has both contour and svt emblems on the trunklid. mine has contour on the left and svt on the right side. anyone know why this is? nothing has been changed since the car was bought new
Posted By: m!key Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/29/06 10:04 PM
it isnt an svt lid. svts are on the left.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/29/06 10:23 PM
Originally posted by m!key:
it isnt an svt lid. svts are on the left.

i learn something new every time i come to this site.
Posted By: TGO Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/29/06 11:24 PM
true, but IIRC daveandrews had his svt emblem on the wrong side and he bought the car new off the lot.

Could have just been someone moved it. is the poster the original owner?
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/29/06 11:55 PM
no i'm not, the guy who had it before me was a 65 year old man who never changed a thing on it
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 01:19 AM
Mighta been wrecked and the body shop put it on the wrong side after repainting the lid. I've seen pics on here someone took of some Chrysler with a misspelled name.
Posted By: Reebs Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 03:15 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Mighta been wrecked and the body shop put it on the wrong side after repainting the lid. I've seen pics on here someone took of some Chrysler with a misspelled name.

I agree. The body shop probally bought a trunklid that was already the same color as his car... and then just slapped the SVT badge on the other side. The probally figured a 65 year old man had poor eye sight and a bad memory!

Although it is possible that it came from a dealer like that... what is your cars build number!?!

-Reebs-
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:

Although it is possible that it came from a dealer like that... what is your cars build number!?!

-Reebs-

It's in his sig.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 03:31 AM

-Reebs-

doubt it came like that man..

Posted By: TGO Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 03:35 AM
people doubted the svt that came with traction control.

was the car ever in an accident?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 03:47 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
was the car ever in an accident?

Just a little bit of info too about the trunk lid......

98 trunk lid had plastic trim behind the reflector. Kinda dressed up the back of the trunk lid and it had little access openings for light bulb replacement.

98.5+ decontented that.

Is the inside of the trunk lid bare or does it have plastic on it?
Posted By: Reebs Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 04:00 AM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:

-Reebs-

It's in his sig.

Should have checked that!
Posted By: Reebs Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

-Reebs-

doubt it came like that man..

I don't doubt it. People make mistakes, yes even Ford employees. Things like that could be overlooked. The mistake could have been noticed down the line, but they just left it anyways.

I also don't doubt that is was in an accident and the body shop slapped the SVT on the other side of a trunklid from a Non-SVT contour.

Just my 2 cents...

-Reebs-
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: i think my emblems are weird - 06/30/06 07:14 AM
the car was in an accident once, but the only thing damaged was the drivers side front fender. nothing has ever happened to the rear. i'd go out and check the trunklid but its 3am and i cant see a thing outside
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: i think my emblems are weird - 07/01/06 08:36 AM
i do have the plastic on the trunklid
© CEG Archives