Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: icysvt TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 02:17 AM
Does anyone have these in their car besides me? They are great and fit perfectly just figured i'd let you guys know cause they are a lil cheaper than the oem and don't have a difference they even have the same mold markings. just a lil money saving suggestion for anyone with hazed lights
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 02:34 AM
Are these different then the 'depo' headlights?

A little more info about where you got them, like price and etc. would be helpful.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Are these different then the 'depo' headlights?

A little more info about where you got them, like price and etc. would be helpful.

I agree.

Aaron
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 03:13 AM
You just agree because you want me to make you a special set
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 03:20 AM
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/19/06 03:35 AM
You just agree because you want me to make you a special set

I also agree with that statement . I'm hoping to have the money by September to get you to do a set of lights for me.

Aaron
Posted By: icysvt Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

my cardomain site has plenty of pics of the lights they are in the car and the link is in my sig. i dont know how to post images but if one would be so kind as to tell me i'd greatly appreciate it as far as pricing i do believe they were 89 a piece and they are dif from the depo they dont have the same mold mark. ill try to get some close up shots
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 05:47 PM
I have TYC lights on both of my CSVT's... I bought both sets here from work (RockAuto.com) and am pretty happy with them... they look brand new and preform much better than the hazed up lights that both cars came with when I bought them.

We sell them for about 80-90 a piece and there is a 5% discount code listed in almost all of the FAQs on here.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 06:09 PM
Not To HighJack This Thread, But What Are The Disadvantages Of The Depo Headlights?? I've Been Around Awhile...Even Longer Than My Registration Date, And I Don't Know That I've Heard One Way Or The Other On the Depo Replacements.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 06:11 PM
They haze much quicker than OEM and the mounting tabs break much easier. I have one Depo assembly on my Sport.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 06:15 PM
Ok. I'll Keep My Eyes Peeled. However The Mounting Tabs On My Depo Lights Are Much Beefier Than The OEM. I Just Bought Mine This Past October. Could They Have Revised Them Perhaps?
Posted By: jtmccann81 Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 07:48 PM
where in the heck do I get either type of lights? I have glazzing lights and they are forming condensation in them. Besides I'd rather buy non-oem parts.
Posted By: gooserex Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jtmccann81:
where in the heck do I get either type of lights? I have glazzing lights and they are forming condensation in them. Besides I'd rather buy non-oem parts.

Link to rockauto... TYC Lamps
Originally posted by hetfeild:
They haze much quicker than OEM and the mounting tabs break much easier. I have one Depo assembly on my Sport.

Do they now?
I've been runing depo lights for the past 2+ years with no hazing whatsoever. The problem with the depo lights is their crappy fitment. Mine extend out atleast a quarter of an inch on both sides of the body. I can get some pictures if you want. If I had to do it again, I would get OEM lights from the hookups on forums.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 09:03 PM
I don't have any gaps at all... We normally sell the Depo lights as well and we classify them as "Economy versions" as they normally are of a cheaper materials than the TYC/Gerena versions.

remember.. if you order, use the code below to save 5% off! This goes for any parts we sell which comes in handy for engine rebuilds alot of the Sealed Power and Fel-Pro items are better than the Motorcraft parts anyways

www.RockAuto.com

5% Discount Code = 442188262994
Valid until 8/8/06 with unlimited usage.

Input the code in the "how did you hear about us line" without any spaces, extra words or anything else - just the code and it will automatically calculate the discount.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jtmccann81:

I Get Mine Through Certifit...However You Have To Have A Business Account To Order Through Them. I Got Mine For $80.00 Exactly. (A Piece Unfortunately)
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 09:44 PM
Originally posted by LOL @ CEG:

Do they now?
I've been runing depo lights for the past 2+ years with no hazing whatsoever. The problem with the depo lights is their crappy fitment. Mine extend out atleast a quarter of an inch on both sides of the body. I can get some pictures if you want. If I had to do it again, I would get OEM lights from the hookups on forums.

You Do Know That You Can Slot The Plastic Header Panel And Gain More Adjustment With Your Headlights Don't You?? That's What I Did With Mine. Although I Must Admit That They Fit Pretty Damn Well To Be "Cheapo Depo".

And As Stated A Few Posts Back, The Mounting Tabs On The Depo Units Look Beefier Than My OEM's. The Bottom Mounting Brace On The Depo Units Is Made Of A Thicker Guage Metal As Well.
I'll take some pictures tonight and show you what I mean.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/20/06 11:36 PM
I had my Depo lights for over a year....not even a scratch. Fit great too.
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/21/06 12:13 AM
so i ordered a set of headlights and got one depo and one tyc. Theres only a couple differences but nothing noticable at all. i love em
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/21/06 12:39 AM
You ordered from rock auto? and got two different companies...?
Posted By: icysvt Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/21/06 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Black 98 CSVT:
so i ordered a set of headlights and got one depo and one tyc. Theres only a couple differences but nothing noticable at all. i love em

look at the tyc and you will notice a mark like a crosshair(circle with a plus sign)depo wont have that mark but oem or factory ford ones do
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: TYC headlights fit and look great - 06/21/06 12:46 AM
You ordered from rock auto? and got two different companies...?

no, i ordered from a local company. apparently they were supposed to be both tyc's. but somehow a depo came too
© CEG Archives