Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: R_G Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 01:19 AM
Hi, I am new to these Forums

Billet (Mustang) Fuel Door question: I lost the door itself - apparently one of the little guys the door is hinged upon got broken or something. So I am thinking about getting a new one but use only the door itself and leave the assembly. However I looked up the fuel door and how it's secured on our other Contour and though it does pivot on 2 small whatchamacallit - I couldn't remove the door, the little guyz are almost coming off the hinges but only almost.

So, is it possible in your experience to put a new door on the existing assembly?

Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 04:04 PM
?
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 06:34 PM
i don't understand what your saying-- good luck though
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 07:15 PM
Originally posted by B.Brattina:

+1
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 07:37 PM
Posted By: Tourige Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 07:41 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

hahaha,

Holy [censored] reading that out loud made me fall off my chair.

"Gets some little guyz and then get them on the broken door lawlll"
Posted By: jtour Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 10:01 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

+1

+2
Posted By: 00 SVEET Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 10:08 PM
The guys got 5000 posts and you can't figure out what he's asking??? The answer is YES.....
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 00 SVEET:
The guys got 5000 posts and you can't figure out what he's asking??? The answer is YES.....

But what is the point of installing the new door on a old assembly? It's so much easier to swap the door assembly as one complete piece.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 03/31/06 10:22 PM
My advice...if you are getting a whole new assembly use it....don't try to piece it together with the old one.
Posted By: R_G Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/01/06 01:45 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
But what is the point of installing the new door on a old assembly? It's so much easier to swap the door assembly as one complete piece.

Quite simple - to swap the door assembly is bound to take longer, whereas to swap the door only should take a minute - of course provided it's possible. Also, Hector - why bother if it's the same part, the same product, the same assembly - just one part is gone?

The question was about the pins the door is secured on:

So I attempted to pry the door off them pins but couldn't do from the first try. How should I proceed?
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/01/06 04:02 AM
Originally posted by 00 SVEET:

the number of posts' one has doesn't void an awkward question that is hard to understand lol--

hope you figured out what you were lookin for
Posted By: R_G Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/01/06 03:27 PM

hope you figured out what you were lookin for

Nope
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/03/06 02:59 PM
You open the door about 45 degrees, the push in really hard. Then, the door will come off. Be careful because a black plastic cam and spring will fly out.

I'm still baffled at your original post.
Posted By: R_G Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/04/06 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Chickens:
You open the door about 45 degrees, the push in really hard. Then, the door will come off. Be careful because a black plastic cam and spring will fly out.

Finally! Thanks a lot. Also, to put it back - should I do the same, i.e. open it 45 degrees and try to push it in?

Originally posted by Chickens:
I'm still baffled at your original post.

Please look up www.chicken.com
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/05/06 04:06 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Also, to put it back - should I do the same, i.e. open it 45 degrees and try to push it in?

It's a little harder to put back on. You have to put the spring and cam back in and push down really hard in order for the door to slide in.
Posted By: R_G Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/06/06 01:28 AM
Thanks! Wait, the black cam and the spring are still in place in my existing assembly...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/06/06 03:52 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Thanks! Wait, the black cam and the spring are still in place in my existing assembly...

Well the one I have (eh hem, the very first one on a Contour ) had the cam and spring always wanting to fly out. Maybe they updated it since April 2001.
Posted By: R_G Re: Billet Fuel Door Question - 04/06/06 10:20 PM
IC. I am gonna post an update soon. Thanks again.
© CEG Archives