Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 07:17 AM
OK, I have molded my mirko splitter into my bumper and am starting to regret it! It's still in primer, and I've already put a couple of 3/8 chips into the lip. The best part is I have yet to install my H&R's and am at stock SVT height

Now I'm tempted to take it off, repair it and sell the mofo. BUT, I have an idea so hear me out....

My car is black, so I think this would look fine.....but I'd like some opinions.
I'm thinking that once repaired and the bumper is painted, I would coat a 1" (or less) section from the bottom of the lip on up with rhino liner or another truck bed spray on type liner. It's black with a moderate texture to it, so it'd make it very easy to do spot repairs to any future chips.
*Sand chipped area w/ 40 grit paper, fill w/ FG chop, sand smooth and roll on a bit of rhino liner= 15-20 minute repair*

Thoughts?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 12:25 PM
sounds like a good idea,i want to see how this turns out before i order mine
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
OK, I have molded my mirko splitter into my bumper and am starting to regret it!

Don't say I never told anyone so. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. The bed liner is a great idea. On anything other than a black car it would look crappy. We have black cars so rhino away. You could also make a black polycarbonate skid plate. That was my plan. I think your idea is cheaper and better. The skid plate will still crack/chip.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 02:00 PM
I'm ordering a Mirko soon too but when I get mine, I'm just mounting it with Dzus fasteners and only putting it on to show off once and a while but not for everyday driving.

I wouldn't be able to pull into my driveway with it on.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 03:54 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I'm ordering a Mirko soon too but when I get mine, I'm just mounting it with Dzus fasteners and only putting it on to show off once and a while but not for everyday driving.

I wouldn't be able to pull into my driveway with it on.

x2.

I need to get mine painted first though, lol!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 06:04 PM
I had very very small chips but that was due to debris on the highway..since my car is also black what I did was just touch up the spots..one cant tell anymore at all that I touched up a certain spot so it pretty much depends on how bad of chips u get..I have the BAT kit and had absoloutly no problems. I was surprised that the places I thought I'd scratch my mirko, it actually cleared it very well
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 06:29 PM
Mine has to last one weekend and thats it, if I break it then oh well. If it lasts all of spring zing weekend and the drive there & back... great.
-mark
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 08:53 PM
haha- mine lasted a whole summer with two chips about the size of a dime in it-- but i'm a neat freak with my car so basically that was enough to piss me off-- luckily, i finally demolished it when i got into an accident at the beginning of winter before i had a chance to take it off-- oh well, the insurance company is calling me later today about the claim anyways, so, brand new mirko for me ( and i'm lowered now)

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 08:58 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
If it lasts all of spring zing weekend and the drive there & back... great.
-mark

Same here
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:20 PM
this might be a stupid question, but what causes them to chips? debris from the road? or curbs/embankments?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:22 PM
Many things. Road debris mainly.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:24 PM
are we talking chips in the paint or chips in the fiberglass?

If its paint, wouldn't adding flex to the paint help a great deal?

If it's the fiberglass, maybe something can be done prior to paint to strengthen it a bit.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:41 PM
I get lots of tiny paint chips due to little rocks on the road bouncing up from other cars or wind. I dont know if anyone remembers, but I spent about an hour sitting on the ground at SZ with touch up paint getting ready for show and shine, lol. Eastern Colorado was windy on the way there, and there were a lot of little rocks blowing around.

I also rattle canned mine, and the paint doesnt seem to stick as well. It looks fine, it just chips more easily. I think Im getting mine painted for real after this winter, which just reminded me that I have to start stripping that biotch soon. Ugh.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:49 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I dont know if anyone remembers, but I spent about an hour sitting on the ground at SZ with touch up paint getting ready for show and shine

i remember, because i borrowed some of that paint
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:52 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
this might be a stupid question, but what causes them to chips? debris from the road? or curbs/embankments?

Being lowered, the Mirko is subject to a lot more rock chips. Up in Michigan at SZ04, there was a fuggin' rock, the size of a baseball in the middle of the highway! That took a chunk out of mine. Other than that, I find it's unavoidable dips, such as crossing over a 4 lane highway, that usually does it for me. Then again, less than 3" off the ground doesn't leave much room for fault. With that said, I need to repair a small spot, and have the entire Mirko repainted.

Mark
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 09:53 PM
i'm pretty sure there a clear spray on paint protector available, though i'm not sure from who. maybe check with a local automotive paint supplier?
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 10:20 PM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
are we talking chips in the paint or chips in the fiberglass?

If its paint, wouldn't adding flex to the paint help a great deal?

If it's the fiberglass, maybe something can be done prior to paint to strengthen it a bit.

Paint...I don't think it is a problem of good ahesion, I think it is more of the problem of hard objects bouncing off it at 80mph.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/27/06 11:09 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
I dont know if anyone remembers, but I spent about an hour sitting on the ground at SZ with touch up paint getting ready for show and shine

i remember, because i borrowed some of that paint

I'll prolly be doing the same as well

I wonder if I can clear bra my mirko..hmmm
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/28/06 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I wonder if I can clear bra my mirko..hmmm

I have thought of this. It seems like it might be a good solution. If I spend the $$$ to have it painted for real this time, I may look into this more seriously.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/28/06 03:40 AM
I made a skid plate for my mirko that protects up 1" from the bottom of the mirko so you don't chunk or chip sections out by scraping the nose of your mirko.... If I post pics and you guys like them would any of you consider purchasing one or two each? They will be made out of alluminum coil stock. Fits nice and needs no fasteners to stay on! - Let me know! - JOE
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/28/06 04:02 AM
Ive heard good things about the skid plate but the problem is the paint exposed in the front under the lower mesh..that takes a huuge beating! if I can get a few layers of clear bra on that, it be perfect to withstand highway debris!

but please do post pics, Im curious
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/28/06 04:19 AM
ya know...while at my local auto paint store the other day i noticed this paint marketed for the underbody frame for trucks...they had it on a piece of metal,you could twist it and bend it and it wouldnt crack or break...they had it displayed in black,but i think it was available in most colors..i'll have to look into that if/when i get one
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 02/28/06 02:12 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
i'm pretty sure there a clear spray on paint protector available, though i'm not sure from who. maybe check with a local automotive paint supplier?

Also 3M clear film could be used but I'm sure it would have to get replaced all the time.
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 10:35 AM
YOUR ALL GIRLS Complaining about driving with mirkos at stock ride hight. Learn to drive slower and take entrences and exits with more of an angle....trust me on this...my car is stock ride hight right now and i have no problems AND when i lower the car i still wont have problems cus I will take my time going in and out of places. I doesnt matter how much clearence U have its how you drive. And if no one beleves me you shall all see how wrong you are at SZ 06 (as soon as I register)

Wesley
Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 11:28 AM
Don't even have a Contour, but have had plenty of low (airdams, splitters, spoilers) frontends, and whilst I'm not calling everyone girls, there is a point to be made regarding situational awareness when driving and the price you pay to be low or different. As long as you know the need to be aware of just about everything before you install one, the Mirkko is the way to go. I know someone planning the same install (also awaits paint) as the person that mentioned putting an extended lip like a real splitter to help protect the lowest parts and the edge of the lip itself. I concur, and with care this could work.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
YOUR ALL GIRLS Complaining about driving with mirkos at stock ride height. Learn to drive slower and take entrences and exits with more of an angle

exactly!
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 03:16 PM
quit it... If the Mirko is giving them trouble, I'll gladly take a broken Mirko for cheap. Seriously... got an idea.
Posted By: LoadedSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 04:10 PM
Ill just get my mirko painted. Oh wait... I forgot the SOB never sent mine...
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
YOUR ALL GIRLS Complaining about driving with mirkos at stock ride height. Learn to drive slower and take entrences and exits with more of an angle

exactly!

true 100% More angle, slower driving, and if you CAN'T get in somewhere, PARK ON THE STREET OR DON'T GO THERE ANYMORE!

I'll post pics tonight - you will likey!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 07:45 PM
i go in an angle too..I only scraped it once..not taht bad at all
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 09:47 PM
Originally posted by blu_fuz:

PARK ON THE STREET OR DON'T GO THERE ANYMORE!

Park on the street at my house and the Tour will turn in a pancake. Maybe I just won't go home anymore. LOL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 09:55 PM

PARK ON THE STREET OR DON'T GO THERE ANYMORE!

Park on the street at my house and the Tour will turn in a pancake. Maybe I just won't go home anymore. LOL

haha yea your street is quite the street! even ur driveway is soo steep!
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 10:38 PM
Maybe I just won't go home anymore.

people seriously need to learn how to drive. if you cant go slow and at an angle ever then get rid of your mirko, you dont need one anyway.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/01/06 11:30 PM

people seriously need to learn how to drive. if you cant go slow and at an angle ever then get rid of your mirko, you dont need one anyway.

You gotta pull into my driveway going at least 10 MPH or ur arse is grass.

I'll be fine when I get mine and just use some Dzus fasteners.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 12:07 AM
so you are going to jump out of your car everytime you go home and take off your splitter? you have to be going 10mph to get into your driveway? PICS! i have to see this.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 12:13 AM
try driving like this all the time...as you can see by the crack in the middle of the bumper even the largest angle couldnt save you sometimes..btw,you couldnt even put your shoe under the front bumper...and i bought a mirko to put on that ...good thing it found a better home
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 12:45 AM
so you are going to jump out of your car everytime you go home and take off your splitter? you have to be going 10mph to get into your driveway? PICS! i have to see this.

The splitter is only getting used for showing off once and a while. Not for everyday driving to work and back kinda stuff.

These are the only pics with my driveway in it that I could dig up.

The spot where the first car on the left is in the street, is a corner, and my house is where the corner becomes straight.

Before the corner is a stop sign, so they cross the stop sign, accelerate a little, then when it straightens out, punch it.

So I'm trying to pull into my driveway, on a hill while people accelerate at me from behind.

In the morning and at around 5 PM, it's like the Autobahn. Cars and tractor trailers. It's a main road into the next town over.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 12:48 AM
sorely sorely disappointed! that isnt [censored] ! you no longer have the right to post in this thread. thats steep to you?!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 12:57 AM
sorely sorely disappointed! that isnt [censored] ! you no longer have the right to post in this thread. thats steep to you?!

Errr!! I'm gonna punch you in the nuts.

Pull into my driveway a few times and see how long your Mirko lasts. I scrape with my bumper how it is now. That's the only spot I ever scrape my car driving every single day. Everywhere else I drive, I've never had a problem.

Borla exhaust bottomed out backing out of the driveway about a month ago with people in the back seat. I made them get out of the car with only the nose in the driveway when I got home.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 01:01 AM

Pull into my driveway a few times and see how long your Mirko lasts. I scrape with my bumper how it is now. That's the only spot I ever scrape my car driving every single day. Everywhere else I drive, I've never had a problem.

Borla exhaust bottomed out backing out of the driveway about a month ago with people in the back seat. I made them get out of the car with only the nose in the driveway when I got home.

-25 dollars
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 01:03 AM
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:

-25 dollars

I was waiting for that.

Trust me, there is no damage at all. Just didn't sound pretty when it happened.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 01:27 AM

that was the meet at tonys house last year..lol

I dont know why i posted that pic haha
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 01:33 AM
Yeah, a few CEGers almost got nailed because they thought they could park in the street. lol

Then when they were told they couldn't, they decided to just pop it in reverse instead of driving away and coming back. (No shoulder on the street)
Posted By: Swazo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 02:03 AM
I'm testing out what I can and cannot do since it's still in primer and because I want to see how well the mirko graph took to the bumper. But these mirkos don't take much of a beating without chipping!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 02:07 AM

I'll post pics tonight - you will likey!

You got a Mikro???? I don't think i can handle seeing your car with a mirko .
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 02:15 AM
on a side note...i just ripped the [censored] out of my mirko on my driveway. damn this thing is in two pieces. damnit!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 02:28 AM
on a side note...i just ripped the [censored] out of my mirko on my driveway. damn this thing is in two pieces. damnit!

are you serious?!?
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 03:44 AM

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 03:46 AM

are you serious?!?

Seriously...mikey has been f ing around so much today...idk what to think...
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 04:00 AM
Ohhh yeah, I have a mirko! One of very few pre98 with molded urithane with a mirko - I will only give you a little treat of just the bumper with the mirko not on the car - All will have to wait till SZ to see it all together! Here r pics: [image][/image]

Posted By: Swazo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 06:22 AM
Woo hoo hoo hoo....... is that electrical tape on the lip? Why do you need to do that if you're able to drive around without damaging your splitter????
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/02/06 03:05 PM
read here: The mirko under that is chipped a little from previous owner, and this is 10x better than nothing! I rolled it up over the front to cover the chips it already had - I guess if someone doesn't want that it would be no problem and easier for me. BUT you would have to fasten it to the mirko somehow.

Having this on there, regardless if the metal is krinkled around the bend, IS protecting my $300 splitter and is keeping if from chipping anymore!

and... the car is so low and the rest of my car is so flashy that no ones eyes even venture to the bottom of my mirko!

hardly noticeable - About cleaning it up... I went to a metal fab shop and they would just charge labor to make me one out of 16 gauge stainless and it would have been over $200! so no, I can't clean it up anymore for the price I paid to make it myself of $0. I don't have metal bending tools, or any way to heat the metal up or anything.

This skid plate is not for looks as much as it is for function. I think that people who drive there cars everyday and would like less wear and tear on their mirko would like one. I could be wrong - like I said, they are removeable because there are no fasteners or adhesive.

hope this helped - JOE

I was extreemly happy when I was done considering I used a hammer and a block of wood and scrap coil stock! lol Took about 1 hr to make + paint

DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST - FOR INTERESTED PEOPLE ONLY - IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION PM ME AND I WILL DECIDE IF YOUR COMMENTS ARE WORTH POSTING OR ARE JUST NEGATIVE.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=1182067&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: Swazo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 01:20 AM
Dude, I was mainly giving a little s%&# to you. Good idea, but it doesn't look real good IMHO.

I think you're on the right track though. I have an idea now thanks to you, but I'll just get busy before I say anything. Gimme a day
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 02:50 AM
Cool. I was just a little sensitive that day about this - It really doesn't look bad in person. It's kind of like owning a contour: you really don't know how good it is (V6s) until you have had one! I'm glad my idea could help you. JOE
Posted By: m!key Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 02:52 AM
joe joe i am not feeling that skid protector. drive it down here this weekend and let me take a look.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 03:07 AM
Just put in the order for my mirko-- can't wait til this stupid michigan weather gives me a reason to trust it and put the thing on--

Mirko #2 here I come... I don't think i'll buy another one after this though haha--

however, i do feel that CSVT's don't look the same without it
Posted By: Harrry Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 04:52 AM
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
Just put in the order for my mirko-- can't wait til this stupid michigan weather gives me a reason to trust it and put the thing on--

Mirko #2 here I come... I don't think i'll buy another one after this though haha--

however, i do feel that CSVT's don't look the same without it

agreed. i love mine. It looks naked without it!! My poor car. being naked all the time gets me excited.

She looks better with some lingerie
Posted By: waubm Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 12:45 PM
Rhino line you whole car!!!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 04:15 PM
Originally posted by waubm:
Rhino line you whole car!!!!!

lol'erz!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 04:37 PM
don't laugh man, i have seen trucks done like that.
a guy i know does rhino liners and has the lower 1/3 of his truck done along with his bed and the back side of the cab.
and his friggin truck is sweet!
dark green with tribal flames.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 05:47 PM
I still say some body moulding might work if you streched it wide enough.
Posted By: supertouringmike Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/03/06 07:06 PM
What are the Mirkos made out of?

Put little Titanium strips at the offending spots, save mirko - Make Cool Sparks!

I STILL WANT A PRE-98 MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: lsneo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/04/06 04:44 AM
if i can get this up that driveway you should be able to get your car up that driveway also.

Posted By: TGO Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/04/06 05:27 AM
someone needs to learn to take bumps at an angle!!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/04/06 08:24 AM
Well, I've got a good skid plate that's totally made out of aluminum now.

It has a beefy, yet form fitting aluminum lip that is about 3/8 of an inch high to protect the mirko's chip prone lip. Best part is it has cost me about $25 to make! The lip is about 3/16" thick, and the main part is about 1/8 thick.

I'll post pics and info when I have some decent time with the new skid plate installed so I can show how well it does/doesn't work. I think it will work uber well AND it does look hawt!
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/04/06 12:45 PM
good, post pics!
Posted By: BaggedContour Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/05/06 05:22 PM
Me I've Got another solution to not scratch the mirko....

I don't have a Mirko Splitter yet but I will get one for sure soon....so here my solution...

..in 2 month I'll put an air suspension on my Contour...so when it's time to enter in a driveway I just put the switch Up and there you go....the mirko is now 10 inches of the ground and when I want to ride low and show off I put the switch down and I'm back to 1 inch of the ground....or even less..lol...

...yeah I know it's an expensive solution but it's in my plan to put air suspension on my car so I don't care....so think about that it could be a good plan for the one who are tired of repair and repainting their Mirko....

see you
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/06/06 01:03 AM
that was my solution - then I realized I could not get an air ride kit for less than $1,500 because the strut bags are the same price everywhere!!!! Now being a home owner I had to prioritize a few things.....

air ride for $1,500+
OR
new driveway for $1,200 and some konis.....

I went with option 2
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/06/06 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BaggedContour:
Me I've Got another solution to not scratch the mirko....

I don't have a Mirko Splitter yet but I will get one for sure soon....so here my solution...

..in 2 month I'll put an air suspension on my Contour...so when it's time to enter in a driveway I just put the switch Up and there you go....the mirko is now 10 inches of the ground and when I want to ride low and show off I put the switch down and I'm back to 1 inch of the ground....or even less..lol...

...yeah I know it's an expensive solution but it's in my plan to put air suspension on my car so I don't care....so think about that it could be a good plan for the one who are tired of repair and repainting their Mirko....

see you

Unfortunately that does dick for handling...
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/06/06 11:58 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

Unfortunately that does dick for handling...

word
Posted By: BaggedContour Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/07/06 12:44 AM
do you ever ride in a car with an air suspension ??? it's awesome and the handling too.....My friends own an air suspension shop so I had the chance to ride some cars and I can't believe how an air suspension have a good handling....I don't see any difference with a stiff drop seriously....

If you didn't ride and air ride yet I wish you to ride one one day because it's unbelievable!!! It change my live (joke)
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/07/06 12:53 AM
A good air suspension will handle better than a stock contour. Not as good as most spring/strut combos, but still plenty good. Obviously if you're doing air suspension, handling isn't your top priority, but it's not like it ruins the car.
Posted By: BaggedContour Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/07/06 12:56 AM
yeah your right....handling and speed are not my priority...it's the look of the car my priority
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/08/06 02:36 AM
it's not so much the handling with our cars because we have to use a strut bag. Which means that a strut runs through the middle of the bag - so if your car is set up to have a full bag at your preferred ride height your handling will be better than stock - but if your bag is half or less than half at ride height it will ruin the handling capability. I did lotsa research. I was gonna get them...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/08/06 02:41 AM
Originally posted by BaggedContour:
yeah your right....handling and speed are not my priority...it's the look of the car my priority

handling was a difference though that I felt..especially on the highway
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/17/06 02:47 AM
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:

It has a beefy, yet form fitting aluminum lip that is about 3/8 of an inch high to protect the mirko's chip prone lip. Best part is it has cost me about $25 to make! The lip is about 3/16" thick, and the main part is about 1/8 thick.

I'll post pics and info when I have some decent time with the new skid plate installed so I can show how well it does/doesn't work. I think it will work uber well AND it does look hawt!

Any new update?
We are waiting for the pics!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/17/06 04:33 AM
someone sell me a mirko already
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/17/06 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

go buy your own sparky
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/17/06 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

go buy your own sparky

not for 220 bucks...
Posted By: Savior Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/18/06 03:35 AM
I haven't put my splitter on my car yet... You guys are freaking me out.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/18/06 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Savior:

dont worry, you will just have change ur driving habbits..but its worth it
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/18/06 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Savior:

dont worry, you will just have change ur driving habbits..but its worth it

i had to drive me car for a week with the exhaust hanging lower than the side skirts, and let me tell you, its made me SUPER nervous (even tho ive fixed it) to drive around, i go around every bump and speedbump, i dont like scrapy.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 03/20/06 04:56 AM
Originally posted by SVT3391:
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:

Any new update?
We are waiting for the pics!

Not yet, I've been focused on electrical aspects of my SVT (alarm install, new hella horns, side markers and more... )

I've got my prototype done, removed and ready for finalizing. I'll be taking pics and doing a how-to for those who may want to duplicate one or use for ideas to expand upon. Keep j'our eyez peeled meng!
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/01/06 07:49 PM
Well, it's another 6 weeks. Any picture yet? Better yet, How-to?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/05/06 12:54 AM
I've been driving around with mine on before painting and so far, so good. It's all in how you drive and where you DON'T drive. Mine is now getting painted. All the worrying I did was based on the height (4 1/2") but I really don't think it's gonna be a problem as long as I watch how I drive. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/05/06 01:01 AM
you're at 4.5 off the ground with the mirko tom?

What springs are you using, because last I checked I was 4" off the ground w/out a mirko
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/05/06 01:23 AM
yea with my BAT kit im doing fairly well..hell I can make it in and out of Elky's back garage so thats pretty good..

A mirko completely changes you as a driver, in a good and bad way..
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/05/06 06:07 AM
I've got Bilstein Sport struts and H&R springs. I'm pretty sure about the 4 1/2" but I'll measure again after I get it back from the body shop.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/05/06 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
because last I checked I was 4" off the ground w/out a mirko

Me too
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/07/06 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
because last I checked I was 4" off the ground w/out a mirko

Me too

W00t for front end sag! ;p
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/07/06 10:11 PM
I aint got no sag

The back is damn low too
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 05/07/06 10:43 PM
I am 2-3/4" to 3" off the ground
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 06/20/06 07:36 AM
What should I use to fill in a gouge at the lower lip of the mirko. It is pretty deep, just starting to dig into the fiberglass portion. So far I've been told fiberglass patches, lightweight body filler, and fiberglass reinforced body filler. Which one?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Mirko Splitter Hell - 06/20/06 11:33 AM
any of those will work, if they are just scratches the easiest way would be the light weight body filler, then next the next option I would used fiberglass reinforced filler, then final option fiberglass patch.
© CEG Archives