Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hello Everyone at CEP,

S&H Auto Trends is making gauges for all of you. Please view some of our work at our website http://www.sh-autotrends.com
First I would like to say a little bit about our company. We have offered many gauges for a few models of cars, mainly where there is not a huge offering. For instance Thunderbirds, Bronco's, Crown Vic�s just to name a few. We Have already started to produce a few basic designs for the Contour, however I wanted to personally come on here and let everyone know about us. Almost all the designs can be transferred from one model to another.

So I will let you guys take it from here. Let me know what you�re looking for, and I will see if I can help.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. Here is a direct link to the contour gauge designs that we have done already. Please view all of our designs to get a idea of what we can do for you. http://www.sh-autotrends.com/index.php?cPath=14_9
Nice! But just a headsup, it's CEG, and the gauges won't be a direct swap from SE's to SVT's. SE's speedometer reads up to 120mph I believe, where as the SVT's read up to 160mph. Would definitely help if you offered gauges for both, so their speedo's aren't off.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
SE's speedometer reads up to 120mph I believe,
Mark

130, i have one
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Nice! But just a headsup, it's CEG, and the gauges won't be a direct swap from SE's to SVT's. SE's speedometer reads up to 120mph I believe, where as the SVT's read up to 160mph. Would definitely help if you offered gauges for both, so their speedo's aren't off.

Mark

Yes CEG, very sorry about that.

I do have the 130MPH ones. However does the SVT go to 150 mph or 160mph, and does anyone have a photo if they are 160mph?

I have this one laid out and ready to go it was for the European Mondeo.

http://www.deafaudio.com/album/resizer.php?img=pics/234.jpg&w=800&h=600

I thought the SVT were the same??

Tyler
SVT is 160.
i have a extra set of svt gauges..perhaps if you need it we could work something out...dont forget that the early 95's have a different layout for the mileage
I'd be interested in seeing "euro" style sport-like font.
dont forget about the non-tach contours.
mine is starting to peel real badly

I'd def. be interested in a new SVT set..as long as it doesnt light up like the stock one nor indiglow

and its not rediculously expensive
Originally posted by tour96se:
i have a extra set of svt gauges..perhaps if you need it we could work something out...dont forget that the early 95's have a different layout for the mileage

I only have the cluster for the 130mph gauges, not sure what you guys refer to them as. I would like to get photos also of all the different cluster options that came with the contour. Will the SVT gauges fit inside the 130MPH cluster? I ask just from a design standpoint, if it did I would not need the whole SVT cluster. As far as contours without tachs, I would need one of those clusters. Anyone who can get me a cluster or gauges I would gladly work out a great discount/deal with. It will light using stock lighting, but you can change the color you want it to light up, like green, red, yellow, blue, etc.... Same with the daytime color, and the face color it can all be changed. I can do flames also, but flames are $10 more. Please view some of the other designs, to get an idea of what we can do.

Thanks,
Tyler
I ahve a question for you.

Could you take a stock set of gauges and make them illuminate the same way as stock but a color than green?
Originally posted by pole120:
I ahve a question for you.

Could you take a stock set of gauges and make them illuminate the same way as stock but a color than green?

I cant use the stock gauges, and then change the color because of the gel inside the gauges. However i can make a face that looks like stock, but lights different.

Tyler
i'd like gauges that look like stock SVT gauges, and light up whatever color the customer picked...(needles green, backlight green or whatever).

IMO, i think those gauges look like an older car's gauges.
Originally posted by SHAutoTrends:
However i can make a face that looks like stock, but lights different.

I'ld be down for that.

I'ld be down for that.

+1 me too, Get up on that design.
I have a set of SVT faces I could send you for a template. PM me if you are interested

I'ld be down for that.

word!!!

that would be awesome!! like blue lighting in the back with orange or red needles kinda like the jetta
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I'ld be down for that.

word!!!

that would be awesome!! like blue lighting in the back with orange or red needles kinda like the jetta

The Jetta-like piece my vote as well. My only question is, and I didn't notice which is why I ask, are these overlay's only? Or are you making them with a sticky backing like the stock piece so that the stock face can be peeled off and your piece go in it's place?
pm me about the svt gauge cluster also i've got a cluster with tach for the four cylinder guys too,i beleive they're different too....we could work something out
if your doing stock gauges with different colors you might want to do the hvac and headlight bez....i have extras of those too
Originally posted by 69Boss302:

I'ld be down for that.

word!!!

The Jetta-like piece my vote as well. My only question is, and I didn't notice which is why I ask, are these overlay's only? Or are you making them with a sticky backing like the stock piece so that the stock face can be peeled off and your piece go in it's place?

Ok, I am going to make a stock like prototype with red or blue lighting. These gauges are just like your stock gauges. You will need to remove the stock gauges, in most cases there is enough sticky gunk left behind to just place my gauges back on, however in my install instructions I do make reference that if yours is gone, or not sticky enough to get spray adhesive. I will pm everyone about there clusters.

Thanks,
Tyler

I'ld be down for that.

word!!!

You can change the needle color to whatever you want. I include those instructions on how you do that. Its pretty easy.

Does anyone know if the cluster I have here http://www.deafaudio.com/album/resizer.php?img=pics/27.jpg&w=800&h=600
is the same as the SVT cluster? Meaning would the SVT gauge faces fit inside the cluster I already have? I would assume ford would have made them the same to save on money, just that the actual font on the gauge face like MPH and etc are a little different.

Tyler
Yes.
Any idea on price? I saw some of yours on ebay, and they were $60...
yea price is key at the moment, if its $60, then my God hell has frozen over

Not sure if that means good or bad??

Yes $60 is the base price of gauges from my website only. Ebay is $65 to cover listing fees/final value fees/store fees, etc.. Flames +$10, and some logos depending on size and detail are +$5.

Tyler

Not sure if that means good or bad??

Yes $60 is the base price of gauges from my website only. Ebay is $65 to cover listing fees/final value fees/store fees, etc.. Flames +$10, and some logos depending on size and detail are +$5.

Tyler

its good,goonz is just excited thats all
Tyler,
If you pull this out and make a good product that lasts, your name will be a household name in our little neck of the internet woods. No pressure or anything, but you're on the verge of making alot of people very happy.

Mike
I just want mine to look stock as it does right now except maybe have the "SVT" written in red and the regular gauge lighting in the back for it be blue with orange needles
I'ld be looking for red lighting with the stock red needles. If you can mke the "SVT" on the tach illuminate too that would be awesome.

My only concern is I want these gauges to look identical to stock.
\
My only concern is I want these gauges to look identical to stock.

If you can mke the "SVT" on the tach illuminate too that would be awesome.

i think that someone did this once by scrapping away the backing of the tach so that light would come through and illuminate the SVT
that jetta gauge cluster look-a-like idea was a good one, i like the look of their clusters...

if this is done, I will for sure be in on these gauges.

Does anyone know if the cluster I have here http://www.deafaudio.com/album/resizer.php?img=pics/27.jpg&w=800&h=600
is the same as the SVT cluster? Meaning would the SVT gauge faces fit inside the cluster I already have? I would assume ford would have made them the same to save on money, just that the actual font on the gauge face like MPH and etc are a little different.

Tyler

Sort of no. The size of the gauge face is the same diameter, but because the SVT gauges go to 160mph the mph increments are closer together.
I think it be best if we sent him a sample of the SVT cluster
I dont know why I didn't just post this pic:

Both are stock clusters, the top being from a 98 E0 SVT, and the bottom from my 96 V6 SE
don't forget my mondeo speedo ...

im sure the canadians will be interested in a km/hr style as well
http://www.deafaudio.com/album/resizer.php?img=pics/234.jpg&w=800&h=600

Im working on the prototype now, I should have it done within the next few days, and will post the pics up.

Keep the interest coming guys.

Tyler
when you have a product ready to show tht we ahve requested...post in the "Group Buy" forum, to gauge final interest.
when you have a product ready to show tht we ahve requested...post in the "Group Buy" forum, to gauge final interest.

we'll hafta make sure its Final first, and plus with a Group Buy, will there end up being a discount?
the SVT gauges go up to 160...
just wanna keep this alive..and updates?
Still plugging away. Holiday orders are keeping us busy. Shooting for the end of this week.

Sorry guys, I know your all waiting to see them.

Tyler
at least your keeping us posted..better than most sources that come........and go
Originally posted by tour96se:
at least your keeping us posted..better than most sources that come........and go

agreed..thanks man for everything
+1 hopefully these look badass!
did we settle on the Jetta-like blue and red?
Well the progress photos are in

I cant get the camera to focus very well for the night shots, sorry. But you get the jist of it. In person the night element of the gauges is GREAT!!

BTW I like these type of needles MUCH MUCH Better!!

Let me know what you think,
Tyler
They look nice, except if it is a guage for an SVT (which you show) it needs to go up to 160mph, not 130.
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
They look nice, except if it is a guage for an SVT (which you show) it needs to go up to 160mph, not 130.

Yes that is true. I just wanted to give an idea of whats going on. Plus Im sure there are a few people that want the SVT on there normal cars

Tyler
that looks awesome man! good Job!!..if we can have the "SVT" lit up as well, I'd be totally sold
The SVT was lit up. This is going to be a good buy, I think. Already the best turn around of any company with pictures to back it up, IMO. I'd say Tyler is in the running to even beat Morette.

Tyler,
I don't know how much of a hassle it is to do now, but on the SVT clusters, at the base of the needles is a halo of light that comes out. It's kind of like a wash effect that floods out from the stem. Can you do anything like that?

Thanks bro. You're doing a great job.

Mike
good job tyler..remember that on the svt,its "premium fuel only"....are you gonna do the hvac as well?
fyi, on the white guages that is a tach from a 4 cylinder car not one from a V6. You can tell based on the red line and the tiny little 4 under the tach needle

I like how the temp guage has "normal" on it, as this was removed in late model cars
Originally posted by BrApple:
fyi, on the white guages that is a tach from a 4 cylinder car not one from a V6. You can tell based on the red line and the tiny little 4 under the tach needle

what is different about the red line on a zetec and a duratec? just curious

i love how the numbers light up white....thats awesome! great job!
v6's redline closer to 7
is there the ability to change the colors? cause that would make these SO COOl!!!
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
Originally posted by BrApple:

what is different about the red line on a zetec and a duratec? just curious

zetec is 6500 and the duratec is 6750
Those look great.

If these can be done in red lighting, I would get rid of my EL glow gauges and do these instead.
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Those look great.

If these can be done in red lighting, I would get rid of my EL glow gauges and do these instead.

..i was thinking the same thing...
Ok Ill try and get everyones questions in here.

Quote:

that looks awesome man! good Job!!..if we can have the "SVT" lit up as well, I'd be totally sold

The SVT was lit up. Please remember that we can make the SVT logo a little bit bigger, but as was requested we went with the "Just like stock" look.

Quote:

Tyler,
I don't know how much of a hassle it is to do now, but on the SVT clusters, at the base of the needles is a halo of light that comes out. It's kind of like a wash effect that floods out from the stem. Can you do anything like that?

Thanks bro. You're doing a great job.

Mike

I think you are refering to the light that comes out from the base of the needle? Which is nothing more than light escaping the needle.

Quote:

good job tyler..remember that on the svt,its "premium fuel only"....are you gonna do the hvac as well?

We can put "premium fuel only" "race fuel only" "jet fuel only" whatever you want, pretty much As for the HVAC, Im going to have to say no.

Quote:

I like how the temp guage has "normal" on it, as this was removed in late model cars

Yes it was made after a 4 cyl gauge set we had. As for the temp gauge we can also change that to read how you would like.

Quote:

is there the ability to change the colors? cause that would make these SO COOl!!!

Quote:

Those look great.

As far as colors go, If you are asking can they be changed by say like a switch, no. You can however order different colors, but it will stay that color, no changing it like in the new mustangs. We can make them in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple, White, orange.

As for the odd colors such as purple and pink we do not stock those and are an extra $7 for those colors.

I would like to still have a SVT cluster with gauges on it, if anyone has one and or just the gauge face from it. A nice discount will be provided to whomever can help us out with that;). Also a pic of the V6 edition, so that we know where to change the redline start at.

I would also like to see if there is interest of 5 orders of these "Stock" gauges in your choice of white or black face, and your choice of night color with %10 off. I will make a post over in the GP area for this.

Thanks,
Tyler
hopefully this will help some, all are stock guages

SVT guages

post 98 V6 guages (from a 99)

close up of post 98 tach (same for all V6 cars)

pre 98 V6 guages (from a 95)

pre 98 I4 guages (from a early 95, speedo slightly different with trip reset location)

Could you please get me a real close shot of the SVT speedo.

Thanks,
Tyler

Thanks,
Tyler

I'll see what I can do tonight

Thanks,
Tyler

i have a extra set of overlays if you need them

Quote:

We can put "premium fuel only" "race fuel only" "jet fuel only" whatever you want, pretty much Thanks,
Tyler

I think it best we be clear on this... putting "Premium Fuel Only" on the SVT guages is not meant to be cute. It is an OEM requirement that the SVT vehicles with the OEM engine use Premium Fuel Only. I don't believe any other option (including no message at all) should be available.

Quote:

We can put "premium fuel only" "race fuel only" "jet fuel only" whatever you want, pretty much Thanks,
Tyler

I think it best we be clear on this... putting "Premium Fuel Only" on the SVT guages is not meant to be cute. It is an OEM requirement that the SVT vehicles with the OEM engine use Premium Fuel Only. I don't believe any other option (including no message at all) should be available.

In the interest of keeping the look stock, I agree
Please remember me when I order from you!

Dammit, I just remembered I have KM gauges and you probably wanted MPH. Oh well, my car rolls in Miles anyways...

Hope this can be used anyways.

Quote:

Tyler

i believe tyler's intention was that he is willing to make it however WE wanted it to look like, not be cutesy, and if kids wanted to put "jet fuel" on their civics then that's their decision. he just wanted to make sure we knew all our options
thats kinda like how i modified the speedo on my El Camino.
it goes all the way up to "OH SH@T!!"
Originally posted by muskamike:
Dammit, I just remembered I have KM gauges and you probably wanted MPH. Oh well, my car rolls in Miles anyways...

Hope this can be used anyways.

Well if he makes a set with KPH with MPH still on the inside Ill be happy! But that makes like 2 of us
3 of us.. I think it'd be pretty cool to have KM/H increments as long as there are MPH ones as well
People would look at it and have a sort of double take when they see 260.. haha
Well it would be kinda dumb if you dont already have KPH gauges. Thats just my opinion.

P.S. My car is from Canada, thats why I have KPH gauges. Somehow I got stuck with 'em, and for some reason I cant bring myself to change them out. I kinda like 'em!
Originally posted by ronin45:

Quote:

Tyler

i believe tyler's intention was that he is willing to make it however WE wanted it to look like, not be cutesy, and if kids wanted to put "jet fuel" on their civics then that's their decision. he just wanted to make sure we knew all our options

Yes you are 100% correct on my intentions here. I just wanted to express my capabilities, and that letting you, the customer choose is my main goal. After all this is a business and you have to give the customer what they want.

Quote:

3 of us.. I think it'd be pretty cool to have KM/H increments as long as there are MPH ones as well
People would look at it and have a sort of double take when they see 260.. haha

Those Photos help alot!! Yes I can do KPH with Mph small or MPH with KPH small or just MPH or just KPH

Well it would be kinda dumb if you dont already have KPH gauges. Thats just my opinion.

Quote:

P.S. My car is from Canada, thats why I have KPH gauges. Somehow I got stuck with 'em, and for some reason I cant bring myself to change them out. I kinda like 'em!

Youd be suprised how many KPH Focus Gauges that I sell, it sure shocked me when i realized that I was shipping to the US

Thanks,
Tyler
Ask and ye shall receive

This would be during the day with headlights on

Night

I have added this to the GP that I have going on.

Tyler
© CEG Archives