Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: liquidX _ - 05/23/05 05:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7975182181
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: _ - 05/23/05 05:37 PM
I take it you want one of those?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: _ - 05/23/05 06:12 PM
be sure to get the outside lights too, cause they are different. no black plastic surrounding them.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 05/23/05 06:39 PM
Yep X, you need the rear tailights for the mystique aswell as the the mystique rear sockets for the lights as well. Not only does the mystique tails have the piece of chrome trim that matches up to the reflector, the contour tailights do not line up properly with the mystique reflector. Oh, thanks for posting the ebay link, I'm going to outbid you, now! I could always use a 2nd mystique reflector for my csvt.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 05/23/05 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:
Yep X, you need the rear tailights for the mystique aswell...

I just got a quote from Steve @ Tousley Ford for the Mystique tails... sitting down??? $104.30 a side! He also gave me an OEM new price for the reflector and I will not even go there . He told me that everything from Mercury is mad more expensive than Ford stuff just because the "Mercury" name . Oh well, you gotta pay to play right?

Oh, thanks for posting the ebay link, I'm going to outbid you, now! I could always use a 2nd mystique reflector for my csvt.

Don't make me come all the way to Eastpointe and ream you a new one!

XL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: _ - 05/23/05 07:35 PM
Originally posted by durateX:

Oh, thanks for posting the ebay link, I'm going to outbid you, now! I could always use a 2nd mystique reflector for my csvt.

XL

I think he'll enjoy that
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 05/23/05 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

XL

I think he'll enjoy that

Yeah X, come on up and don't forget thsoe 19's. Oh... and be carefull cause our roads suck. *ker-SNAP*
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: _ - 05/23/05 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

XL

I think he'll enjoy that

Yeah X, come on up and don't forget thsoe 19's. Oh... and be carefull cause our roads suck. *ker-SNAP*

im just playin man
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 05/23/05 08:12 PM
I know goonzy.

Cause y'know I could totally e-rip you a new e-ass hole.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: _ - 05/23/05 08:41 PM
I just got a quote from Steve @ Tousley Ford for the Mystique tails... sitting down??? $104.30 a side! He also gave me an OEM new price for the reflector and I will not even go there . He told me that everything from Mercury is mad more expensive than Ford stuff just because the "Mercury" name . Oh well, you gotta pay to play right?

I got the center panel (actually 2 but one was fractured) and both rear lamps for free.

But then they have also set me back about $100 in mods.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 05/23/05 08:55 PM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
they have also set me back about $100 in mods.

What's required to make them work on a CSVT?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 05/24/05 03:46 AM
Nothing is required to make them work. Just the parts.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 05/24/05 02:25 PM
Nothing is required to make them work. Just the parts.

I won it for $23 bucks and $12 for shipping made the shipping total $35.00 Much better than even a discounted price of $189.99 from the Ford dealer . . Just need the tailights now... . Thinking about doing something creative with the under chrome lining and Mercury badge. What did you do to yours? Can you post me an a_s_s shot here? Thanks...

XL
Hmmm... well, nope. I don't want you copying off me TOO much, ya'll ready stole my rear end ( ). Although, a tracking number from UPS for those rims might change my mind. .

The merc emblem is still there, it's just covered up with a piece of matching reflective tape..cut in a circle to cover it for now until my "special" mod get's finished. The chrome at the bottom is not chrome anymore... it's black. You need to modify th etail lamps to house the existing CSVT sockets for th elights... or splice in the mystique sockets. (either way you do it, it's not hard). Sell your rear CSVT tailights and reflector and buy some REALLY good PIAA reverse bulbs. I have my car wired up where they come on (along with the fogs) when the keyless entry button is pushed or any of the doors is opened. . The stock bulbs suck and are not bright at all... and the mystique's rear reverse lights are much cleaer and take to the higher heat bulbs (they won't frost over like the CSVT will.) Hope I helped! Let me know if you need anything else.

COPYWROTE, DAMNIT!!
I have my car wired up where they come on (along with the fogs) when the keyless entry button is pushed or any of the doors is opened. .

Hey did you get those worked out? When we were taking pics in the parking lot at the mall your reverse lights were on when you were driving away....hope they arent stuck on permenantly. I was going to say something but never ran into you again...
Yeah all fixed, just needed anothe relay for the rears. At that current moment, when the fogs were turned on, the rear reverse lights would come on as well... but all fixed. Thanks for your concern!
Yeah all fixed, just needed anothe relay for the rears. At that current moment, when the fogs were turned on, the rear reverse lights would come on as well... but all fixed. Thanks for your concern!

NP man, I must admit its a sweet mod and it looks great! Ive always wanted it since we gotour impala.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: _ - 05/24/05 11:25 PM
they have also set me back about $100 in mods.

What's required to make them work on a CSVT?

Nothing is required, except maybe some new sockets, but I am unsure there. My Mystique lamps will be hardwired into the car.

Since I added a little confusion to this thread, which was unintended, here is $50 worth of the mods. This is an in progress pic, so ignore some of the dust, fit and finish.

If you dig around in the southwestern part of the site, there is more info there of what I have done.
Posted By: liquidX Ain't nutin wrong wit a lil bittin' - 05/25/05 01:56 PM
Well I am going with my own creative setup for the lights, just wanted a redder, clearer look that the mystique lights give. Also I found some pre-98 mystique rear tails on eBay for cheap, will they fit post 98's?

XL
You dumass

Yes.
Well I am going with my own creative setup for the lights

LEDs? *crosses fingers*
I had a plan to convert the rear mystique to the gas type set up as the Lincoln Mark VI, Cadilac Caterra, etc. I have the rear panel from both in my garage... just need lots of booze, wire, and time and I might git-r-done. Ain't no one here that can figure out how to do it... is there! Also... my foglights are getting modified EXTENSIVLY to house some nice ********* and *****. Copy that, [censored]!!
Posted By: liquidX Re: Ain't nutin wrong wit a lil bittin' - 05/25/05 06:03 PM
Well I am going with my own creative setup for the lights

LEDs? *crosses fingers*

Got them on my Contour rear now... why not?
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
I had a plan to convert the rear mystique to the gas type set up as the Lincoln Mark VI, Cadilac Caterra, etc. I have the rear panel from both in my garage... just need lots of booze, wire, and time and I might git-r-done. Ain't no one here that can figure out how to do it... is there! [censored]!!

Just an FYI, opening the Mystique center reflector is great fun. I shattered the first one I tried to open. I think I used too much speed when I was cutting. On the bright side, I now know exactly where the pieces are bonded together and where I have to cut.
YEah, I know. I already have one opened up on my bench. Loads of fun. It took almost 2 hours cutting it open SLOWLY to make sure I woul dopen it in a way to get it back together. Teh fun part will be sealing it back up becuase it really does not have a propper way to go back on like headlight lenes or even the tailights. I live your tailights, I 'd try that.... but I dunno. If anything, it wouldn't match my idea with teh gas discharge rear center. I've got to modifiy the tubes in the cadilacs rear a bit to get it to fit within the needed area (which should be an interesting feet since it's a bit under pressure. The cadliac rear is easier to deal with becuase it is the right length... it just needs to have a protrusion put in it to go around the license plate. The mark VI rear taill is much longer.. but it's uch clearer and brighter. I just gotta flip a coin and see which one I feel like destroying first.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 06:41 PM
I ordered the two 2000 Mystique rear tails to match the reflector I have in my living room. Ran me $109.00 a piece but you cannot go wrong with new and Steve at Tousley confirmed that the 2000 ones fit right into my Contour . Chicken Wing Zing here comes Intruder, mystified!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 06:46 PM
Been there.. done that.. long time ago. I have three mods coming up that I KNOW you won't even touch cause you might get your pretty boy hands dirty. Just messin, got any ideas what to do with the mystique emblem? I have several!
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 06:47 PM
Just messin, got any ideas what to do with the mystique emblem? I have several!

You mean the Mercury emblem? Got the "ideas" on my desk at my home office .
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 06:49 PM
Just messin, got any ideas what to do with the mystique emblem? I have several!

You mean the Mercury emblem? Got the "ideas" on my desk at my home office .

Yeah yeah.. . whateva. Whatcha got?! You share 1 and I'll share 1.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 06:52 PM

Actions speak louder than words, and pictures are worth one thousand of those. King whorateX foo! Who'd you think!!!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 07:18 PM

Actions speak louder than words, and pictures are worth one thousand of those. King whorateX foo! Who'd you think!!!

So..you got a badge that says king WhoreX made?!

or.. is it something on the lines of rainbow colored?

Well.. the ONE item I have is not in my possesion, yet. It's still in the process of getting CNC machined (custom Emblem)
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 07:24 PM
Well.. the ONE item I have is not in my possesion, yet. It's still in the process of getting CNC machined (custom Emblem)

Saweeeet . Mine is going to be pretty subtle, but will fit in so well you will not believe it!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 07:37 PM
What... a red reflector sticker liek what I have?! Or are you modifying one of those little plastic reflectors grammas and grampas glue all over the mailboxes so people don't hit them and they don't get their retirement check. I sued to have a custom made sticker that was balck and said "SVT" on it. Doesn't look that good compared to the current reflective sticker.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 07:55 PM
What... a red reflector sticker liek what I have?! Or are you modifying one of those little plastic reflectors grammas and grampas glue all over the mailboxes so people don't hit them and they don't get their retirement check. I sued to have a custom made sticker that was balck and said "SVT" on it. Doesn't look that good compared to the current reflective sticker.

None of the above
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 08:00 PM
I've also thought about putting one of those 2" grote brand LED circle side marker lights (you'll see em on School busses, etc) in there but thougt it would look gay (4th brake light? )
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 08:01 PM
I've also thought about putting one of those 2" grote brand LED circle side marker lights (you'll see em on School busses, etc) in there but thougt it would look gay (4th brake light? )

Christmas ornament?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 08:11 PM
Hell Yeah! Could isntall a little exit "pipe" to shoot fog from a fog machine out of it... that's TOTALLY WEST COAST CUSTOMS, DAWG!
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: _ - 06/10/05 08:53 PM
i know what duratex is doin....but im not goin to say anything.....buy the way x, i think that i might do it if u dont.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ContourRacingChris:
i know what duratex is doin....but im not goin to say anything.....buy the way x, i think that i might do it if u dont.

OOoooh... is this all "gang related" and stuff. Like, if I know, you guys will lynch me?!
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: _ - 06/10/05 09:06 PM
no man.....i have nothing against u....its another CEG'er j/k......
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/10/05 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ContourRacingChris:

OOoooh... is this all "gang related" and stuff. Like, if I know, you guys will lynch me?!

Come over and have a beer with us you sissy!
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 09:30 PM
ME?

Haha... not now, Man! I'd NEVER catch a flight at a good time right now. Give me a month or so, maybe I'll make a drive out to the Dirty South for a week of fun in the sun for one of my Summer vacations. You'll see.. just wait til my flashy ass car is intimidating your ride.. and it all runs and hides and turns into a little sissy car, and stuff. Damn.. I've never driven to FL before. How long a drive is that

Originally posted by MapQuest:
Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1415.79 miles

Dayum. That's a long as drive.. oh well, I'll need me some good CD's and A LOT of RedBull and funyuns.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/10/05 09:33 PM
ME?

Haha... not now, Man! I'd NEVER catch a flight at a good time right now. Give me a month or so, maybe I'll make a drive out to the Dirty South for a week of fun in the sun for one of my Summer vacations. You'll see.. just wait til my flashy ass car is intimidating your ride.. and it all runs and hides and turns into a little sissy car, and stuff. Damn.. I've never driven to FL before. How long a drive is that

Originally posted by MapQuest:
Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1415.79 miles

Dayum. That's a long as drive.. oh well, I'll need me some good CD's and A LOT of RedBull and funyuns.

I do have my fancy ass headlights and stuff. ANd I have driven for a straight 26 hours to Colorado (thats was in a COMFY ass 2002 Regal though. WIth the crusie set, thast about 3 tanks of gas.. not bad, I suppose.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/13/05 05:25 PM
I have driven for a straight 26 hours

So we meet you in Macon correct?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/13/05 05:31 PM

I wish bud.

You guys need to have a sweet "bbq Summer ZIng for a weekend or something in a month so I can make the drive otu there. Save me some Jose Cuervo or Tripple Sec when the time comes.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/13/05 05:46 PM

I wish bud.

You guys need to have a sweet "bbq Summer ZIng for a weekend or something in a month so I can make the drive otu there. Save me some Jose Cuervo or Tripple Sec when the time comes.

I'll make sure to stay away from Jose and his buddies . Nothing like a mixed-drink hangover and 12 hours to drive .
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/13/05 05:50 PM

I wish bud.

I'll make sure to stay away from Jose and his buddies . Nothing like a mixed-drink hangover and 12 hours to drive .

Pssshh.. and I thought you were a "baller" . Yeah, the Jose doesn't liek me too much, either.
Posted By: mystiqueness Re: _ - 06/14/05 02:57 AM
let me guess u are taking the mercury symbol on the tails and fiberglassign over it haha..i have a 96 mystique and i jsut took the symbol in the middle and flat black sprayed it i dont like all the mercury chrome see pics and vids for the results
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:04 PM
Pssshh.. and I thought you were a "baller" . Yeah, the Jose doesn't liek me too much, either.

Ballers just cruise the highly commuted strips back & forth, not go one-way for 12 hours straight

Originally posted by mystiqueness:
let me guess u are taking the mercury symbol on the tails and fiberglassign over it haha..i have a 96 mystique and i jsut took the symbol in the middle and flat black sprayed it i dont like all the mercury chrome see pics and vids for the results

Not quite, but if you go to Chicken Wing Zing...
Originally posted by Yoda:
See...you will young mystiqueness

Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:14 PM

Ballers just cruise the highly commuted strips back in forth, not go one-way for 12 hours straight

True, true.

So now.. where is the chicken Wing Zing at? If you have to drive 12 hours (north I presume)... that's only 11 hours away from me.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:17 PM
atlanta georgia
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:19 PM
So now.. where is the chicken Wing Zing at? If you have to drive 12 hours (north I presume)... that's only 11 hours away from me.

Bout 20 minutes East of Atlanta. Stazi would go but he has allot of things to take care of around the house. So having said that, about 11 hours South for you. Get yourself a little gang of rockets and get down here. Your group's name can be the "Incredibles"
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:20 PM
Ahhh!! Hmm. I jsut became interested in driving. Maybe I'll take a drive. Didn't relize Atlanta was a STRAIGHT hsot down I-75 for 780 miles.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:23 PM
Ahhh!! Hmm. I jsut became interested in driving. Maybe I'll take a drive. Didn't relize Atlanta was a STRAIGHT hsot down I-75 for 780 miles.

You got a guaranteed 6-pack with your name on it to drink with King Thug DurateX if you come...

Hey thinking about it, it's been hot lately, maybe I will shave my head for the event. Mach III M-Power... mmmmmmm
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:25 PM
hell ill throw a 6 pack in to......just get ur @$$ here and bring that nice car of yours
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:30 PM
Man... do I have some booze waiting for me, lol. Lemme think about it for the day and I'll let you guys know tommorow if I'll make the drive. It's been YEARS since I've been to Atlanta. Got any good hotels near by?
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:32 PM
were all crashin at ryans house.....dont know about hotels
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:35 PM
Got any good hotels near by?

Ryan's living room floor is a 5-star I heard... I'll tell you about it when I get there
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:44 PM
Haha... sounds even better, lol. When are you gettin there X?
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 01:50 PM
Haha... sounds even better, lol. When are you gettin there X?

Well I am leaving work at 5pm (when I get out), and driving non-stop 10-12 hours with the exception of Renzdevous and gas stop points. Should be getting to Ryans on Saturday early AM hours (4-5am). Same schedule you would have if you would leave work too, just make sure you mapquest Ryan's adress. I can PM it to you if need be... How many Incredibles can you get to come with you?

XL
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 02:07 PM
This is Southeast, MI. There ARE no incredibles, lol. No one drives anymore. Yeah, PM me his address so I can do some research and thinking.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 02:10 PM
This is Southeast, MI. There ARE no incredibles, lol. No one drives anymore. Yeah, PM me his address so I can do some research and thinking.

Just PMed you the addy. Also, Ryan usually knows some alternate routes that cut some time and distance off. Make sure you PM him the link of your mapquest and he will do some "editing" .
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: _ - 06/15/05 04:32 PM
You better come Chad, if I can make the 35 minute drive over there you should have no problem with 11 hours
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: _ - 06/15/05 05:02 PM
Baahahaaaa!! yeah, they're about the same, lol.
Posted By: liquidX Re: _ - 06/15/05 06:28 PM
So I am finally gonna get drunk with Chad! Chad what do you think our cars will talk about when parked together?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: _ - 06/15/05 06:43 PM
This thread has become 5 pages of non-Aesthetic-related material.

If you would like to continue the OT discussion, please start a new thread in a regional forum for this meet.

Thanks.
© CEG Archives