Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Logan00 Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 07:32 PM

car runs great had the coolant and trans flushed. changing the plugs wires cap rotor and ignition coil this week . and replacing the valve cover gasket while i paint it .

putting in a centerforce stage 2 clutch this next month also .

after that i am putting in a new nissan high perf cam and new rockers, then the cold air intake and header /exhaust. should be ready for some track action by spring . after that engine stuff i just have to get some wheel and all that other good stuff , but for me its engine tranny first kinda sleeper then add the show

almost forgot i have front and rear strut tower braces coming to put in this week
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 07:51 PM
I thought you were going to save for a new engine? Doing all that stuff keeps you with the stock starting HP....are you sure you want to do all that? Anyways it looks real good and clean for a 90. Nice! I like the no front plate!! Screw front plates!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dUbs-ThReE:
I thought you were going to save for a new engine? Doing all that stuff keeps you with the stock starting HP....are you sure you want to do all that? Anyways it looks real good and clean for a 90. Nice! I like the no front plate!! Screw front plates!

i may not do the swap there are guys with boosted KA engines pushing 500+ hp same engine i have nissan makes more parts for this motor than any other motor, plus there is the aftermarket . guys with the mods i am doing now run low 14's at the track without spray or boost,, so we'll see.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 07:57 PM
I had no idea! I knew that you could get lot of good parts, but didn't know you could get them into the 14's so easy! Awesome man, can't wait to get a ride.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dUbs-ThReE:
I had no idea! I knew that you could get lot of good parts, but didn't know you could get them into the 14's so easy! Awesome man, can't wait to get a ride.

i didnt know either till i read alot , plus my discount is good on all those nissan parts!

here are some of the factory parts offered

Factory 9.1:1 Pistons
Flat-top piston increases compression ratio from 8.6:1 to 9.1:1. SOHC 12-valve engine (from engine #KA24 012039) only

The KA24E cylinder head has an uncut (surface-to-surface) thickness of 99mm/3.898". Piston dome and combustion chamber must be modified to achieve desired compression and require the use of special Carrillo steel connecting rod (12100-40FGT). Each JE piston is packaged with a .866 diameter wrist pin and (4) Spirolox. When ordering individual pistons, be sure to specify which cylinder (#1 / #3 or #2 / #4).
RACE APPLICATION ONLY!

KA24 Camshaft
When installing any new camshaft, new OE rocker arms must be used. Basic cam specs are indicated in ( ). The R5 Race cam requires the use of JE pistons and alternate valve train components (see below). OE rocker arm ratio is 1.422:1.

»Hi-Performance Cam (.402"/270 Degrees)
»Race Cam (.550"/288 Degrees & .563"/292 Degrees)
»OE Rocker Arm (Intake)
»OE Rocker Arm (Intake)
»OE Rocker Arm (Exh #1 / #3)
»OE Rocker Arm (Exh #2 / #4)

those are just a few nissan parts , im searching bonesyards for a VLSD from a 91 or higher too
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 08:05 PM
and you wanna talk about cheap my front and rear strut tower braces cost me 50 bucks shipped for both alot of the parts are rather low cost
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 08:33 PM
Congrats on the new ride Logan, must be nice to have a car with such a HUGE aftermarket
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 09:45 PM
Are you going to get new vanity plates?

Maybe can see it if we have a 'C-NEG' meet, N=Nissan.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
Are you going to get new vanity plates?

Maybe can see it if we have a 'C-NEG' meet, N=Nissan.

yes when these expire in july
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 09:54 PM
"HIS NISMO 2"

My aunt/uncle had a 1983 200SX for 9 years and put 145K miles on it. It had the same door chimes that I have, too.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
"HIS NISMO 2"

My aunt/uncle had a 1983 200SX for 9 years and put 145K miles on it. It had the same door chimes that I have, too.

i was thinking more like JOEZ 240
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 10:24 PM
I dunno man. The KA needs alot of work to get to the SR20DET's potential in stock form. The SR20DET is also safe upto I think like 20psi? ON stock internals too. After driving and riding in a sr20det powewred 240 I would never hesitate to do the swap. Just my .02 Happy modding
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
I dunno man. The KA needs alot of work to get to the SR20DET's potential in stock form. The SR20DET is also safe upto I think like 20psi? ON stock internals too. After driving and riding in a sr20det powewred 240 I would never hesitate to do the swap. Just my .02 Happy modding

thats what most of the sr fanboys on the 240 site say but the KA guys are putting down just as much and in some case more with the same amount of coin the ka can handle the same boost too in stock form it has 8.6:1 compression and like i said my discount on nissan parts ie piston, cam and all other bits makes it a very cost effective way to do it and if i dont get to that level ill always have a killer ka motor to sell when i do the swap

i havent even metioned the cams gear , pulleys , n2o-which can easy handle 100 shot guys with a 100 shot run 13's on bone stock KA's..... the possiblity on BOTH ends is pretty much endless
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 10:48 PM
and all you know is SR20 from what you say if you got big bucks there is the RB25 which with 26psi has dynoed at 587hp!!! also on stock internals
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Logan00:
and all you know is SR20 from what you say if you got big bucks there is the RB25 which with 26psi has dynoed at 587hp!!! also on stock internals

Big bucks for a sr swap no. why use a RB25 when you can have the real deal with the RB26. I'm not trying to diss you or slam you in anyways. I hope that's not how it came off? I'm just stating it's a damn good motor the sr20 and it'll take very well to the mods. I've seen KA's modded and they where a hell of alot more then a SR to get up in the 400-500hp range. But then again any car is Sorry if I came off as a dick ..it wasn't my intention
Posted By: m!key Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/11/04 11:32 PM
plate idea...

hahaaaaaaaaaa, just kidding.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 12:59 AM
Rice is if it's a Civic DX, 106 HP hamster wheel, with the "junk" on it.

Anyway, Logan, have you looked at www.freshalloy.com ? It's a Nissan fan site and has two 240SX forums, newbie and advanced. Also this one club240.com

You know of any others?
Posted By: RichSVT_dup1 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 01:14 AM
Give Kwai garage a call they do awesome work and swaps pretty cheap!! they are located in Arlington Heights

For a s14 Blacktop sr20det with tranny installed with
Blitz FMIC
Blitz Full wxhaust
Blitz BOV
Manual boost controller
ACT clutch
LSD
HIgh flow fuel pump
Everythign tunned to 13 psi
Puting down around 270 tourqe and 260 hp @ THE WHEELS
Running in mid to low 13s

ALL THAT FOR $ 6200.00 INstalled out the door!!!
Plus u keep the old motor!!

BTW since yours is a s13 it will probobly be less cuz U can only use a redtop sr20.
If u ask me thats not bad at all!!
They say tranny is good up to 600 hp!

I had a pleasure of driving one with that set up and GOD DAMN!!
I was fishtailing when shifting to 3rd!!
The car had no turbo lag whatsoever!!

I was going to buy the car but couldn't get rid of the SVT in time!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:23 AM

Big bucks for a sr swap no. why use a RB25 when you can have the real deal with the RB26. I'm not trying to diss you or slam you in anyways. I hope that's not how it came off? I'm just stating it's a damn good motor the sr20 and it'll take very well to the mods. I've seen KA's modded and they where a hell of alot more then a SR to get up in the 400-500hp range. But then again any car is Sorry if I came off as a dick ..it wasn't my intention

dont sweat it dude i didnt take it the wrong way
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:26 AM
Originally posted by RichSVT:
Give Kwai garage a call they do awesome work and swaps pretty cheap!! they are located in Arlington Heights

For a s14 Blacktop sr20det with tranny installed with
Blitz FMIC
Blitz Full wxhaust
Blitz BOV
Manual boost controller
ACT clutch
LSD
HIgh flow fuel pump
Everythign tunned to 13 psi
Puting down around 270 tourqe and 260 hp @ THE WHEELS
Running in mid to low 13s

ALL THAT FOR $ 6200.00 INstalled out the door!!!
Plus u keep the old motor!!

BTW since yours is a s13 it will probobly be less cuz U can only use a redtop sr20.
If u ask me thats not bad at all!!
They say tranny is good up to 600 hp!

I had a pleasure of driving one with that set up and GOD DAMN!!
I was fishtailing when shifting to 3rd!!
The car had no turbo lag whatsoever!!

I was going to buy the car but couldn't get rid of the SVT in time!

ive looked into that but if i was to spend 6200 i could get just as much if not more out of the engine thats in there! there are many many options , hell one guy put a LT1 in his S13
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:27 AM

dont sweat it dude i didnt take it the wrong way

Good too many clowns around here lately
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:32 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
plate idea...

hahaaaaaaaaaa, just kidding.

thats just so [censored] funny hahahahah
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:36 AM
i didnt know either till i read alot , plus my discount is good on all those nissan parts!

geee I bet that's why it's cheaper to get factory nissian parts for the stock motor than to import a motor he can't get through the dealership
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 07:10 AM
Looking good Joe.....need some rims...the stockers look TOO out of place. That exhaust needs to go....that is smaller than a stock Zetec exhaust!!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 02:34 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Looking good Joe.....need some rims...the stockers look TOO out of place. That exhaust needs to go....that is smaller than a stock Zetec exhaust!!

thanks for the tip captain obvious
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 03:53 PM
Keep it looking plain with all the mods under the hood,

Fool lots of wacky looking "slammed" cars.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Exhaust????

thanks for the tip captain obvious

Tip?????

Exhaust Tip!!!!!!!!

God I need sleep!!!!!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/12/04 09:19 PM
heres my first look mod while i replaced the valve cover gasket

Posted By: RichSVT_dup1 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/14/04 09:22 AM
You got a single cam ka24d, you are not going to make a ton of power with this motor. First of all it old, so turboing it its not even worth it cuz it will be like a time bomb. I say just gor for sr. The set up I listed icludes a lot of expensive parts, FMIC, full exhaust thats like $2k alone!! SO that 6200 deal its not that bad if you think what you r getting.. Plus sr20det is known to be a bulletproof engine.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/14/04 02:31 PM
You got a single cam ka24d, you are not going to make a ton of power with this motor. First of all it old, so turboing it its not even worth it cuz it will be like a time bomb. I say just gor for sr. The set up I listed icludes a lot of expensive parts, FMIC, full exhaust thats like $2k alone!! SO that 6200 deal its not that bad if you think what you r getting.. Plus sr20det is known to be a bulletproof engine.

yeah your right the KA makes no power guess this guy got lucky

YOU DON'T seems to understand i can change the piston conneting rods the timing chain and all the internals VERY CHEAP i get 2% over cost on ALL nissan parts!!! and nissan makes a shitload of race parts for the KA and i may go with a SR20 someday , so quit talking about it i know it's out there !!! this isnt a classified so don't try selling me stuff OK i didnt ask for hey what motor can i put in here I KNOW that already , i was showing pics of what I have now.....
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Some better pics of my car - 02/15/04 01:52 AM
First of all it old, so turboing it its not even worth it cuz it will be like a time bomb.

age maybe but it has less miles than alot of turboed SVTs on here... and I think the KA is a little more stable than the duratec.
© CEG Archives