Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Loco4G63 WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 07:49 AM
I had my car apraised.....it is only worth................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................$1300
Posted By: MercuryMystik99 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 07:50 AM
Ill buy it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 07:51 AM
The payoff on my car is $6500!!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 07:58 AM
Still might have a new car by Monday!!!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 08:43 AM
I'll sell you mine for less than yours is worth!!!
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 02:01 PM
what kind of car are you buying?? Grand am??
1300?? My aerostar was apprasied for more. I guess al the stickers I had on the back of the car holding it together gave it that boost!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 02:53 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Is this a joke or are for real this time. And does this mean you will get rid of the Tour. I mean for that price i would keep it. Btw give us a hint.

is it a 4 banger or 6
2 door or 4 door
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 03:24 PM
Trade in value I am sure. They low ballled since they don't want the car. I got an estimate of $2800 from CarMax.

Always better to sell yourself, unless you want to unload it quick.

What car are you looking at? Will you still be moderator of CEG here, if not in a Contour?
Posted By: Logan00 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 03:54 PM
boy your ass is gonna hurt if you get rid of it for that much , you should suck it up pay on it, i sold mine for about what i owed so i broke even no loss. i'm paying cash for my new ride..
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 04:08 PM
Ouch!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 04:17 PM
It is 2 door Ford 4 banger................6 speed And it is for real, that is I can get the financing.

As for just paying on it....I am just tired. It is just getting old....and I don't want to spend any more money maintaining it. I need a new PCM, trans flush, etc. I'd rather take a loss.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ILZX3:

Ooooh, someone's brought jokes. Too bad that a regular Grand AM SE will own you.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 05:24 PM
BTW my car as a trade in (before appraisal)in the blue book is only $2400. Of course take off money for CEL, messed up paint, and all the aftermarket stuff.

Oh well.....sometimes you have to take losses.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
Will you still be moderator of CEG here, if not in a Contour?

Who in thier right mind would be a moerator of an enthusiast site of a car they don't own???

Hey Kev, where ya been mang????
Havent heard from ya since Christmas!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 05:48 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Will you still be moderator of CEG here, if not in a Contour?

Who in thier right mind would be a moerator of an enthusiast site of a car they don't own???

Hey Kev, where ya been mang????
Havent heard from ya since Christmas!!!

What about that guy....Toadster? He owns a Mazda6 and is a moderator!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 05:55 PM
Ummmmm yeah, thats who I was thinking of......NOT
Posted By: Logan00 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/02/04 09:01 PM
you should look at something other than a ford...

can get you a good deal on a nissan

or a subaru
Posted By: dartsoccer8 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 12:32 AM
wow, when i was lookin into buyin an svt from a big dealer few months ago, they'd give me $2500 for my car with almost shot clutch, bald tires, leakin trunk, no cd player, needed alignment as well. probably shoulda snatched it up. 98 se with 68000 miles black 5 speed. hmm... crazy
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 04:06 AM

shouldn't you pay people you owe money to before you go out and spend money on a new car?
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 06:20 AM
i cant wait to see the new ride, but maybe you should wait a year and see what comes out next.
Posted By: NITROS_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 06:22 AM
congradulations on the svt focus, its gonna be a big upgrade for u. they offered me 1000 for my tour im like RIGHT. my brother took it off my hands if he didnt i would of parted it out. the wrx is simply amazing, i love it. how ever i do miss the luxury of the contour. the interior on the wrx is absolute crap compared to the tour. the layout was much better in the tour IMHO but its ok in the rex. nothing a grand in leather wont fix. o btw i can actually see the road at night now. My fogs in the rex are brighter then my head lights + fogs int he contour ever were. altho the contour looked ALOT better in my option.

sorry to rob your post hector. just venting my expirance of change i hope yours goes as well too.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

shouldn't you pay people you owe money to before you go out and spend money on a new car?

Who are you?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 08:27 AM
Well looks like I won't get the car due to financing. $1300 extra down, 7.99% APR for 60 months.......comes out to $450 a month!!!!

I was looking forward to getting this car....

Time to find $227 for a new PCM for the Tour.
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 02:33 PM

Ooooh, someone's brought jokes. Too bad that a regular Grand AM SE will own you.

I would expect a V6 to own me. I was saying grand am cus I'm sure you have driven Kim's and seen how nice it rides.

Loser.
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/03/04 02:34 PM

Who are you?

Damn straight. Where's my $20 from the track. LOL
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/04/04 03:12 AM

Who are you?

my name is Joe.... remember we've met a few times... your hector right?
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/04/04 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Logan00:
you should look at something other than a ford...can get you a good deal on a nissan
or a subaru

I am doing same thing, I just got a 97 Altima as a new 2nd car and looking to sell my Contour as 'Logan' as done. Will shop many brands and take time to see what I like.

Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/04/04 06:14 AM
Well looks like I won't get the car due to financing. $1300 extra down, 7.99% APR for 60 months.......comes out to $450 a month!!!!

I was looking forward to getting this car....

Time to find $227 for a new PCM for the Tour.

8% interest on a new car? Talk to your bank!

--T.J.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/04/04 08:15 PM
Best bet is to pay down the loan as much as you can and sell the car yourself, for maybe $4000-4900 or so. Mine is only worth $5100-5800
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/05/04 07:07 AM

I would expect a V6 to own me. I was saying grand am cus I'm sure you have driven Kim's and seen how nice it rides.

Loser.

You're the one that lost out.
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/05/04 08:36 PM

Loser.

I didn't lose anything. In fact my car is still faster than yours and mine even runs fine. So keep your petty comments to yourself.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/05/04 09:29 PM
Ahhhhhhhh......Good to see the coming of the New Year hasn't changed us one bit.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 08:55 AM

Loser.

I didn't lose anything. In fact my car is still faster than yours and mine even runs fine. So keep your petty comments to yourself.

I'm not the one calling anybody a loser.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 10:47 AM
Ahhhhhhhh......Good to see the coming of the New Year hasn't changed us one bit.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 04:28 PM
Back to topic, "Contour resale".

I am going to keep my Tour after all, at least until next year, 2005. I loan it to family members and they like driving it. So, I'll pay it down and then sell it, maybe to family. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep as a beater til it dies.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 05:23 PM
Back to topic, "Contour resale".

I am going to keep my Tour after all, at least until next year, 2005. I loan it to family members and they like driving it. So, I'll pay it down and then sell it, maybe to family. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep as a beater til it dies.

Looks like I will be keeping mine until maybe the middle or end of 2005....save up some money...and wait for the new Mustang....or if the Focus has a turbo..
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 07:35 PM
There will be tons of new cars next year and '06. Futura, Five Hundred, Focus turbo, new Sentra, Chevy Cobalt, more Mazda 3's and 6's, Pontiac g6. And the Corvette and Mustang too.

Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 10:38 PM
The focus with a turbo won't happen. Ford is all talk.
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 11:00 PM
wanna make a bet?
Posted By: MercuryMystik99 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/06/04 11:18 PM
Ford is all talk.

I dont know you, but Im guessing that you are too.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 12:12 AM
They wont be a Turbo and i will put money on it. Read up and you will see that they said it will be S/C.
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 02:32 AM
i dunno.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 02:36 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
They wont be a Turbo and i will put money on it. Read up and you will see that they said it will be S/C.

yeah cause it was in a mag it must be true... just like the first year SVT focus and the turbo it got right??? OOH wait a second it never did get a turbo or a SC or the AWD that was mentioned in countless mags. I know for a fact thet ford has a SC and a turboed SVT focus but I bet since the focus will be dropped from the SVT line up shorty they will never be seen in showrooms with either one under the hood.
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 03:25 AM
actually, ford is dropping all cars from the svt line up. no more svts, for a year anyway.
then svt will rise with a vengence offering car enthusiasts true bragging rights when they are able to match their fords up against all others. ford svt plated sedans, coupes, trucks, compact cars AWD, TURBO FOCUS , and suvs will be born out of fire to regain the true dominance in motoring and be the rebirth of an american passion.
the countries of the world will bear witness to the automobile power shift swing back to the land where the idea was first forged from cold steel. a land where automobiles are built as strong and as resolute as its people. a motoring america.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 03:28 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
actually, ford is dropping all cars from the svt line up. no more svts, for a year anyway.
then svt will rise with a vengence offering car enthusiasts true bragging rights when they are able to match their fords up against all others. ford svt plated sedans, coupes, trucks, compact cars AWD, TURBO FOCUS , and suvs will be born out of fire to regain the true dominance in motoring and be the rebirth of an american passion.
the countries of the world will bear witness to the automobile power shift swing back to the land where the idea was first forged from cold steel. a land where automobiles are built as strong and as resolute as its people. a motoring america.

yes you are correct about SVT being dropped for a year but after that the focus will not be back in the SVT line up.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 06:15 AM
I think the need to make a SVT Festiva, so us Po' folks get braggin rights too
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 02:45 PM
Originally posted by MercuryMystik99:
Ford is all talk.

I don't know you but I'm guessing your [censored] for brains
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/07/04 04:58 PM
Ford is all talk.

Calm down there.
Posted By: MercuryMystik99 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 02:53 AM
Ford is all talk.

You're right, but just because i have [censored] for brains, doesnt mean you have to tell the whole world.
Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 03:11 AM

LMAO! How about You're [censored] for brains? Not to call you [censored] for brains, but you might want to brush up on your sixth grade grammar before calling anyone else [censored] for brians.

--T.J.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 04:05 AM
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:

LMAO! How about You're [censored] for brains? Not to call you [censored] for brains, but you might want to brush up on your sixth grade grammar before calling anyone else [censored] for brians.

--T.J.

owned

~Andrew
Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:

--T.J.

owned

~Andrew

The grammar police are on patrol and they have an accomplise.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 04:42 PM
This is stupid, someone just erase this whole thread! Please Please
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 04:46 PM
Originally posted by dUbs-ThReE:
This is stupid, someone just erase this whole thread! Please Please

It will eventually die.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 10:25 PM
Go to blueovalnews.com and see what they have to say. I didnt read it in a mag i seen it online and it was someone from Svt saying it. So take your Gay ass sarcasm else were.

yeah cause it was in a mag it must be true... just like the first year SVT focus and the turbo it got right??? OOH wait a second it never did get a turbo or a SC or the AWD that was mentioned in countless mags. I know for a fact thet ford has a SC and a turboed SVT focus but I bet since the focus will be dropped from the SVT line up shorty they will never be seen in showrooms with either one under the hood.

Posted By: LinaBby Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 10:34 PM
Hi boys.. Whats going on here???
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/08/04 11:11 PM
Go to blueovalnews.com and see what they have to say. I didnt read it in a mag i seen it online and it was someone from Svt saying it. So take your Gay ass sarcasm else were.

no scarcasm here... I am serious SVT will be dropping the focus in a few years.... and everyone who works for SVT knows everything that is going on with them??? now that is funny...
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 04:06 AM
SVT's will only be Cobras and Lightnings after 2004, they want them to be high $$ cars.

The new line of "ST" cars will be available at all Ford dealers. The first is Focus ST, with the new 2.3L, then a Futura ST.

Anyway, best to lock yet another GL Region thread.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 04:09 AM
SVT's will only be Cobras and Lightnings after 2004, they want them to be high $$ cars.

The new line of "ST" cars will be available at all Ford dealers. The first is Focus ST, with the new 2.3L, then a Futura ST.

that is correct tom and that is what I was talking about guess you heard the same wrong info as I heard from a VP from ford (my sister's neighbor)

silly VPs... guess those SVT employees know more than them
OOH and kev that is sarcasm hope that help you to know the differance
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 04:14 AM
It was in Detroit News, Automotive News, Chicago Trib, ....

SVT's have to be only sold at SVT rated dealers, and many don't want to bother with it. Also, Ford wants to mke it easier for buyers to get Focuses with different options, so the ST line will be availabe at ALL Ford dealers. It will have the SVT Focus suspension and the new 2.3 L engine which will have more torque.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 07:48 AM

Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 06:28 PM
No more smiley only posts please!!!
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/09/04 10:27 PM

that is correct tom and that is what I was talking about guess you heard the same wrong info as I heard from a VP from ford (my sister's neighbor)

silly VPs... guess those SVT employees know more than them
OOH and kev that is sarcasm hope that help you to know the differance

It also says all this information in the new Car & Driver, inside the New Mustang Review. The magazine says the new 2.3L engine with have roughly the same torque as the SVT engine but twenty less horse power. Looks like SVT's are gonna becomre more rare for a while. The artical also says some really cool things about the next SVT Cobra.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/10/04 09:10 AM

Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/10/04 09:10 AM

Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/10/04 09:20 AM

Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/11/04 07:42 PM
Isn't it against the CEG rules to not waste bandwidth?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 02:12 AM
Hell Tom, Even Pee-Wee Herman considered himself a rebel!!!
Posted By: LinaBby Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 06:20 AM

Fooled me... I thought he was a pervert....
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 06:56 AM
Originally posted by linabby:

Fooled me... I thought he was a pervert....

what's wrong with being a pervert?
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 06:57 AM

YEAH!!
i like going to the movies.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 07:02 AM

YEAH!!

Posted By: LinaBby Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 07:09 AM

YEAH!!

Oh ya? the same kinda pervert that hosts a kid show then gets caught playing peepee tug of war in public???
ewww *points and laughs*
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 07:12 AM
Originally posted by linabby:

YEAH!!

Oh ya? the same kinda pervert that hosts a kid show then gets caught playing peepee tug of war in public???
ewww *points and laughs*

hey nobody is suppose to know that mikey did that
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 07:46 AM

You don't see me posting pics of my car in every thread.....like STEVE!!!
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 07:54 AM

but that still doesn't waste CEGs bandwidth since they are on another server.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/12/04 04:49 PM
Forget I said anything.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/13/04 06:44 AM
Forget I said anything.

LOL....just have to give ya crap!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/13/04 12:58 PM

I'm not that bad am I???

Posted By: Airforce Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/13/04 01:46 PM

I'm not that bad am I???

the car looks good in that pic.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/13/04 06:09 PM

I'm not that bad am I???

Perfect pic.....you at the carwash!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/13/04 11:56 PM

I'm not that bad am I???

Last time I checked both your cars were just as dirty as mine!!!

Just for that, I'm going to the car wash!!!!
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/14/04 01:24 AM
Looks good!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/14/04 09:11 AM

I'm not that bad am I???

And we went.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! - 01/14/04 11:27 AM

I'm not that bad am I???

And we went.

I know, Now the Zetecers have the prettiest Contours on the site!!!
© CEG Archives