Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m!key hey who bought... - 10/03/03 07:32 PM
hey who bought a pimped out purple 95 se lately?? the seller had a deal with a friend of mine all worked out and then sold the car out from under him. seems someone in chicago offered him more money. my friend went and got a loan and everything so now he is paying interest on the money and doesnt have a car. sucks huh. does this car look familiar to anyone??

Posted By: BStoneMega Re: hey who bought... - 10/03/03 08:47 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled and throw on a contour.org note if I see it. Some people these days.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: hey who bought... - 10/03/03 10:09 PM
I guess your friend should go an pay the loan off so they are not paying interest on anything
Posted By: m!key Re: hey who bought... - 10/03/03 11:16 PM
dipshit, the fact that he and the guy had an agreement for the car and the guy sold it to someone else is the problem. thanks for your genius financial advice though. someones word isnt worth shite anymore.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 03:27 AM
It was me, sorry but I had no idea that he had taken a loan out. But don't [censored] to me.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 03:37 AM
car is ugly anyways
tell your friend to buy something better with the money
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 03:59 AM
Ok first of all thx for saying my car is ugly. Second I had been talking with the seller for the last month trying to work something out. When I heard nothing for a week I sent him an e-mail. I made him a better offer since I had been talking to him for quite sometime. Now if the seller decided not to talk with the other guy, that is not my problem. Mikey please don't be pissed with me, I did not intend for this to happen.
Posted By: m!key Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 04:17 AM
are you serious?
i am not pissed at you at all. you probably didnt know anything about it. i am pissed at the guy who sold it from under my friend. it just isnt right. they had a deal worked out and everything. if you were ever on FCO he had posted that they were dealing for the car.

well it is a nicely modded car especially for the price. have fun with it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 04:22 AM
Originally posted by IL Sean:
Ok first of all thx for saying my car is ugly.

Yeah it is, my car is pretty!
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 04:47 AM
how much did you pay?
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 04:57 AM
Originally posted by lithium398:
how much did you pay?

Eh it's not important
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 04:58 AM
Oh and Mikey, thx, I wasn't sure.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 05:02 AM
how much did you pay?

Eh it's not important

Of course it is.

When are we going to see the purplicious Contour?
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 05:35 AM
how much did you pay?

Eh it's not important

lol, fine. PM me the price if you dont want mikey to cry.

Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 06:33 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
how much did you pay?

Eh it's not important

Of course it is.

When are we going to see the purplicious Contour?

Well when do you guys wanna meet? I have work sunday, but tomarrow I don't have work so..... I dunno. Perhaps we can work something out because I am gonna be pretty busy. PM me if your up for something. And yes hector you car is pretty, but not as pretty as mine will be.....next summer.....
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 11:32 AM
I'm mad at you, but if you give me those rims, I'll let by-gones be by-gones!
Posted By: m!key Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 12:29 PM
lol, fine. PM me the price if you dont want mikey to cry.

cry?? if anything i will laugh. i know how much sean paid and it was a lot more than my friend was paying. thats why the seller sold it out from under him. makes sense huh? do you get it?
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 02:15 PM
if you all must know, i was the original buyer, so i thought, and i had made a 150 mile trip, each way, once to see the car and then i had to wait for the seller to get back from an overseas trip before anything could happen....he told me monday, sept. 29th that he was gonna trailor it up to my house on Sat., which is today. then i emailed him on wed. and gave him my address and then thurs. morn. i got an email saying it was sold for $400 more than what i was gonna pay. i was going into this deal not really for the car but for all the parts that came with it. the car is really beat to $hit and the ABS, TC, & speedo don't work....have fun with you new car whoever the new owner is.

Ben
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 02:43 PM
Originally posted by bmxcontour:
if you all must know, i was the original buyer, so i thought, and i had made a 150 mile trip, each way, once to see the car and then i had to wait for the seller to get back from an overseas trip before anything could happen....he told me monday, sept. 29th that he was gonna trailor it up to my house on Sat., which is today. then i emailed him on wed. and gave him my address and then thurs. morn. i got an email saying it was sold for $400 more than what i was gonna pay. i was going into this deal not really for the car but for all the parts that came with it. the car is really beat to $hit and the ABS, TC, & speedo don't work....have fun with you new car whoever the new owner is.

Ben

Sorry to hear about it Ben.

On a side note....I am trying to get a 95 GL ATX winter beater.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 08:41 PM

Ben

I am truely sorry that this happened this way. I was not awair that someone else was bidding on the car until the last day. I hope there are no hard feelings man.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: hey who bought... - 10/04/03 09:01 PM
This is one of the downsides of private party sales. You are at the mercy of the buyer or seller. Dealers have to abide by trade laws and they also rely on word of mouth. (still some are crooks too). I will only buy fro private party locally and then I wouldn't be satified until the paperwork is dry.

I had my Focus for sale, guy said he'd give me $10K, then I didn't hear from him for 2.5 weeks. Finally calls, comes over again and then lowballs to $9000. First said yes, but then later thought WTF, so I told him to get lost. (He was acting wierd about having to go to bank to get title, like I was supposed to pay the loan off 1st and his friend told me he has been putting off getting a new car,s o ireally didn't truct him)

I ended up selling later on, though. It was the flaky-ness of the buyer that made me cancel the deal.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: hey who bought... - 10/05/03 04:56 AM

Ben

Sorry to hear about it Ben.

sounds about the right price from the looks of the pic, 95's are nifty though! Fun fun
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: hey who bought... - 10/05/03 10:15 PM

oh?

Ben maybe you'll find another deal, dude.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: hey who bought... - 10/06/03 12:36 AM
Originally posted by LoCoChick:

oh?

PSSS heather you gonna let him talk about your car like that...
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: hey who bought... - 10/06/03 12:38 AM
"I am trying to get a 95 GL ATX winter beater."

I see alot on Ebay with no reserve prices, and there are some old Tours at the Public Auctions in Harvey IL.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/06/03 05:11 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

oh?

Ouch
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hey who bought... - 10/06/03 04:07 PM

oh?

No I am talking about another RED 95 GL winter beater.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: hey who bought... - 10/06/03 10:31 PM

oh?

OUCH that's gonna hurt.... saying "another" I sure didn't help you case with her
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: hey who bought... - 10/07/03 12:51 AM

OUCH that's gonna hurt.... saying "another" I sure didn't help you case with her

Yeah, ouch indeed.
Posted By: Airforce Re: hey who bought... - 10/07/03 03:00 AM

Yeah, ouch indeed.

Heather trade in your car for a focus!!!
Everyone trade your contours in we be the F.E.G
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: hey who bought... - 10/07/03 07:01 AM
Originally posted by FasterThanLoco:

How about the "Focus Appreciaters Group"?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hey who bought... - 10/07/03 07:20 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:

Posted By: Logan00 Re: hey who bought... - 10/07/03 02:32 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:

if it was Focus Appreciaters Group youd all be "F.A.G" no insult intended just funny
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: trade in for Focus? - 10/07/03 04:52 PM
I already did that, and then came back to Tours. Next I'll try a Mazda 3, Mazda 6, 2005 Focus with a 2.3L or a Ford Futura.
Posted By: Airforce Re: trade in for Focus? - 10/07/03 09:10 PM
Come to the focus darkside.

p.s.

Hey Big Joe can you give me the name of the dyno place where we were gonna do for national's? Thanks
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: trade in for Focus? - 10/08/03 04:59 AM
I will be keeping my Contour forever..... Unless the Focus comes turboed in a couple years.
Posted By: dTour Re: hey who bought... - 10/09/03 03:00 AM
I think the car looks nice. What kind of wheels are those anyways?
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/09/03 03:36 AM
BBS RX 17", but I got the stock SE wheels on since winter is fast appoaching. The tires on the RX's are shot anyway, so it'll have to wait till summer.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: hey who bought... - 10/15/03 02:07 PM
See.... the '95s need a lot of work even if they are in great shape. I have stuck about 5,000 to 8,000 into mine to make it look and run as good as it does... It is well worth it - IL-SEAN, if you ever want to drive mine to feel what it is like with the suspension setup and the svt seats just let me know :-)... Nice buy - oh, and if you need parts (sounds like it), just ask! - JOE
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: hey who bought... - 10/16/03 02:24 AM
Its got a total after amrket setup. Koni struts, coil overs, it's tight. The only work it needs it the speedo, a small exhaust leak, some body work(I know of people that do good work...cheap) and some new tires for the BBS 17". All I am gonna get is the svt kit and I am set. I don't really think it's a beater, it runs fine, and after some small amounts of work it will look fine. It drives fine now anyway. So Joe if you ever want to drive in my car without the heavy SVT leather, you are more then welcome to.
© CEG Archives