Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
That's right guys!!! The massive influx of Contiques will flood Chicago starting 8/14/03 until 8/17/03...

As I said before, if anyone wants to give me a hand in this, I would greatly appreciate it. I need two abled souls to help in organizing this mamoth ordeal.

This is fantastic news for Chicago CEG, and for CEG in general. We have enjoyed negative publicity for some time, and this will give us the best chance to show the rest our true faces. I can't wait, it should be awesome!!!

I'm ready!
With two jobs and two kids i don't know exactly how much time i can donate, but i would LOVE to help were i can. i would also love to hear your basic ideas for this shin-dig. might i suggest a open forum planning party to write down everyone's ideas. bad ideas spur good ideas.

tim.
I'll do what I can for you Milan, I don't have a lot of spare time but I wouldn't mind helping set up this bad dog event. Just let me know.
Posted By: TGO Re: It's Official: CHI-TOWN '03 WILL HAPPEN!!! - 12/04/02 05:21 PM
I'm sad there will be no spring zing for me...however, the bright side is I have more time to do more stuff to my car! I'll be there if I can be, and, anything I can do to help (yes I am aware i am in NY) just let me know. (if schedule allows)
sweet....now that is one meet I am sure I will not miss.
A few suggestions:

-Get a local Ford SVT dealer to sponser a car show.
-Have a drag day at Rt 66
-Contact the Ford Taurus plant on the S. Side for a tour, see the 3.0L's everyone likes.
-Any road courses close by?
Blackhawk Farms is close.
By posting this thread, my exact aim was to have ideas floating around. Anyone is welcome to post anything that is related to Chi-Town '03. I will most definatelly hold a huge meeting in January on this, where we will choose a committee that will work on this.

So if you have any ideas, please post it on here. I want this to be a collective effort...
I still submit that Indianapolis would be a great site for a large Contour meet.

1. Its the Racing Capital of the World.
2. Possibly arrange a slow lap around Indianapolis Motor Speedway. $?
3. Road course $? and 1/4 mile dragstrip $10 at Indy Raceway Park.
4. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum. $3
5. Kenny Brown, a Mustang tuner.
6. Excellent 1/4 scale indy go-kart facility. $50
6. Decent hotels in the $40 price range.
7. 4 hours or less from major cities like St.Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Nashville, etc.

Posted By: m!key Re: It's Official: CHI-TOWN '03 WILL HAPPEN!!! - 12/04/02 10:34 PM
I WILL DO THE T_SHIRTS! yeah man yeah, i will design the sh** out of them you can count on it. peace.
Originally posted by HoosierContour:
I still submit that Indianapolis would be a great site for a large Contour meet.

7. 4 hours or less from major cities like St.Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Nashville, etc.

The problem with that is that Indianapolis is not CHI-TOWN!
-Mark
Originally posted by WorldTour:

The problem with that is that Indianapolis is not CHI-TOWN!
-Mark

Damn Straight!! Bling Bling!

This phenomena never ceases to amaze me... But that's OK, maybe you can organize the National Meet in Indy in 2004...

There is plenty enough to do in Chicago. It is only the third biggest city in US/Canada...

We will reserve an all CEG drag racing event, and will do all we can to reserve some road coarses that are within 40 miles of where everyone will be staying.

In addition to this, I plan on having a car show as well. And don't forget the all important Banquet that will most likely be held on either Friday or Saturday night...

Due to the overwhelming number of Hotels/Motels, we will do all we can to get the cheapest rates. The competition between the various hotels on who will land the CEGers will surely drive the prices South...

In addition to this, we will do all we can to get media exposure. We are going to contact various magazines, newspapers, and get the local dealerships to notice us.

I am going to do all I can to involve the SVTOA of Chicagoland with this. I imagine that there are a lot of SVT Contours that are not members of CEG. This way, we can both have more cars, and possibly get more members too.

NECO will be notified of this too, so that we can have a true representation of the Contour Platform on hand.

So as you can see, there are lots of things that I have in mind, and when we assemble the Chi-Town '03 Committee, we will decide what is best from all of the ideas that we see on here...

There is tons of time to organize all of this, but when it is all said and done, my goal is to have all those that attend Chi-Town '03 have blast. And when they drive back home, I would love everyone to say, "Man, that was awesome!!!"

Posted By: m!key Re: It's Official: CHI-TOWN '03 WILL HAPPEN!!! - 12/05/02 02:56 AM
amen!
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: CHI-TOWN '03 ! - 12/05/02 03:50 AM
Thinking it over, I think it should be for CDW27 cars and SHO's, only. For the "overlooked" Ford sporty cars.
Cougars should be included since they are CDW27 and they were just discontinued and need some support.

Originally posted by Quicksilver:
NECO will be notified of this too, so that we can have a true representation of the Contour Platform on hand

posting a link to this now for ya
Thanks Joe. With a great team, anything can be accomplished. CCEG has some creative creatures, with Hector being a great artist, Mike a designer, and etc etc...
WHOOOOHOOOOO it starts on my birthday (8/14). This will be the shiznit!
Coincidence? Hmmm...
I would like to add that the National Meet will consist mainly of Contours/Mystiques, though I definatelly am inviting both NECO and Focaljet too. This way the Ford Compacts will be united, though the show will still be for the CCEG...
as long as i dont over sleep ill help out
dude guys a dyno day would be kick ass too. Hey I will help out if you guys need me to as much as I can. Plus I think I am taking a year off of school starting in may, so this summer I am going to be moding the hell out of my mystique. J-lab's mystique won't be the only pimpin mystique
Time to round up the Jetter's!!
Hey Milan I pimped the jet!! Hopefully some people we see my posts on the main board and in other local regions and start thinking about this event!!
I gave my Manager buddy a call at the Hilton in Lisle. There is a good chance that we will get some unbeliavable discounts.

It helps that I work there on an average off 2 times a month...

How's that for Windy City hospitality...
Chi-Town '03 Logo Ideas
Hi guys.

Just wanted to let you know I already have a car show scheduled in Chicagoland for Sunday August 17th. It will be a SLAP-sanctioned event and I would love to have the Contiques represented. The show is at the Tweeter store in Schaumburg. Why go through the pain and hassle of putting on a show when I already have one for you that weekend?

There is also another show I am doing in Pontiac, IL on Saturday Aug 16th as well. This one will have both ISCA- and SLAP- format judging going on as well.

I guess what I am saying is that weekend is already booked for me, so if I can't make it to the national meet, why not see if I can bring the national meet to me?

Let me now if there is anything I can do to help out. I have connections to a trophy and awards company (the ones I use at my shows), so let me know if you need anything along those lines.

Cool man! Depending on our track days, we will see if this will fit in the schedule. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 12/23/02 12:44 AM
Don't change it just for us SE MI CEG-ers Milan but did you know the Woodward Dream Cruise is that weekend? Last year there was 1.6 million people there and we NEVER miss it. This year I have a new spot for us to park at too Maybe I can come in for the car show portion of the show and turn around and head home. Last year at the WDC we had a total of 18 different Tours/Mystiques show up and with all the new CEG-ers next year will be even bigger. If it were a week earlier or week later you'd get alot more of us SE MI CEG-ers to show in Chicago for the weekend
Doh no invatation for us SHO people. And SZ is in the middle of no where. Well we have our convention in July. Good luck Milian
I gave my Manager buddy a call at the Hilton in Lisle. There is a good chance that we will get some unbeliavable discounts.

It helps that I work there on an average off 2 times a month...

How's that for Windy City hospitality...

Hey I might have interest in that!!! I'll let you know what's cooking soon enough!!
Originally posted by Roger R:
If it were a week earlier or week later you'd get alot more of us SE MI CEG-ers to show in Chicago for the weekend
Yeah, that is too bad man...

Either way, every weekend there is something going on you know. Couldn't have it later since College starts for over 90% of CEGers a week later. Couldn't have it earlier because the Chicago summer is still in full blast = NOT FUN!!

As you see, the dates picked are the best compromise. Roger, I hope at least some of you decide to come for at least a day or two. The meet will be held from Thursday through Sunday, so there will be plenty of time for some of you to come. And the drive is not so long either...
Posted By: TheGSRGuy_dup2 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 12/30/02 05:18 AM
Maybe I'll drop by just for the hell of it.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 12/30/02 06:17 AM
Originally posted by TheGSRGuy:
Maybe I'll drop by just for the hell of it.

now wait for others to comment then I'm sure I will have something to about
Posted By: TheGSRGuy_dup2 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 12/31/02 05:22 AM
Haha sure Joe, they'll all laugh when I race your ass and leave you far behind. Just messin with ya. I probably won't stop by, I've got a lot going on. Just thought I'd stick my head and and say what's up.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 12/31/02 06:14 AM
Stop by
Phil and I checked out some Hotels today. We are confident that we will have our Hotel/Banquet by this weekend.

The rates are excellent, and the rooms are enormous.
Originally posted by GreenSHO95:
Doh no invatation for us SHO people. And SZ is in the middle of no where. Well we have our convention in July. Good luck Milian

Posted By: Airforce Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/03/03 03:20 AM
That's right guys!!! The massive influx of Contiques will flood Chicago starting 8/14/03 until 8/17/03...

As I said before, if anyone wants to give me a hand in this, I would greatly appreciate it. I need two abled souls to help in organizing this mamoth ordeal.

This is fantastic news for Chicago CEG, and for CEG in general. We have enjoyed negative publicity for some time, and this will give us the best chance to show the rest our true faces. I can't wait, it should be awesome!!!

We need to start getting our [censored] together C-CEG

I need help on this project to make it work!
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/03/03 04:24 AM
Yeah guys how are things going with the planning? I said it once and I will say it again I will help out as much as I can with it if you guys need it! Just let me know.

Jon
Posted By: GnuLoCo_dup1 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/11/03 08:47 PM
I just wanted to give you guys props for the planning. I was just down in shaumberg/addison area last weekend. I would average 12 - 15 over and people would pass me like I was standing still. Literally going 90 - 100 miles an hour.

My only word of advise is if its going to start in a suburb of Chitown, be sure to create really easy directions. Its not very complicated during the day, but at night I was turned around many different ways. For instance, getting off in addison, I was so concerned about merging over to the automatic lanes in the traffic for a toll that I missed my exit completely and ended up 4 - 5 miles away.

Example: exit names exactly as they are on the sign. How far after/before other exits/tolls. Stuff like that...

Thanks again! Can't wait to be there.

[GnuLoCo]
Posted By: GnuLoCo_dup1 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/11/03 08:50 PM
Originally posted by AirForce:
For sale!! 2001 Ford Focus. Make me an offer!

I got like 3 bucks. Deal?
Posted By: Airforce Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/12/03 04:11 AM
Your the best offer so far but let's see what else is offered first.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/12/03 06:05 AM

I'll give you $20.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/12/03 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZeTeC2.0:

I'll give you $20.

I'll give ya $25
Posted By: GnuLoCo_dup1 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/14/03 06:53 AM
3 bucks take it or leave it.

[GnuLoCo]
Posted By: Airforce Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/15/03 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Originally posted by LoCoZeTeC2.0:

I'll give you $20.

I'll give ya $25

I was thinking about 11550.00 Can anyone beat that?
Posted By: briandmx_dup1 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/19/03 07:28 AM
hey i'm new to the meet, scince i didnt have a tour last year, anyways i'm defiantley coming to this, do we need down paymets and what not? and a approximation of when and about how much would be sweet, if u guys are that far in planning that is..thanks
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 02/19/03 07:34 PM
You won't need a "down payment" yet. The costs usually are reasonable. Last year, it was $35-45 for the event, hotel costs were extra. To enter in the car show was free and running on a race track was an optional cost.

Just keep an eye out for posts with details soon.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 03/17/03 06:07 AM
We went to the Hotel and the rear lot is huge, enough for the car show and all. It looks like this meet will be the best one!
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 03/17/03 06:19 PM
From the looks of the posts in forums, seems like there is more interest in the Chicago National Meet than SZ.

ALso, the heading of this post should be changed to 'Chicago', not "Chi-Town".
Tom, you are right about the name, but don't worry about it in this forum. Lance just made me "green", and I already cleaned up the National Meets forum.

I do agree that we will hold the best meet ever. We have a great group of guys, and this will be a meet to remember.

It is great news that those that answered "DEFINATELY COMINT" in NM poll is increasing steadily. As of now, 110 people are coming, and it is only March. These #s are sure to swell as it gets nearer to the meet. This is great!!!

And remember: "DO IT RIGHT, OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!!"
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 07/31/03 01:47 AM
Hector, do you have to pay the $50 fee if I plan on just coming down on saturday nite and hanging out and go to the car show on sunday. Duno if i plan on eating or anything like that.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 07/31/03 05:03 AM
Originally posted by shaun252:
Hector, do you have to pay the $50 fee if I plan on just coming down on saturday nite and hanging out and go to the car show on sunday. Duno if i plan on eating or anything like that.

Cool let me know.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/02/03 11:48 PM
Hey Hector check your Pm's, a bunch of us are looking to come in for the day and check out the car show, I think its Friday right
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/04/03 03:31 PM
Friday Night we will be at Great Lakes Dragway.

Friday during the day it WAS supposed to be the car show but considering there is only 20 people interested we might cruise up to the lake for pic opportunities. Still will be polishing the cars on Friday and taking plenty of pics.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/04/03 04:19 PM
I love washing my freshly painted, debadgged, knauberized, antenna shaved, lowered, pimp contour!!! I can't wait to show you guys/girls !
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/04/03 09:33 PM
is anyone dynoing if not then im cancelling it there have to be 20 people doing it !!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/05/03 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Logan00:
is anyone dynoing if not then im cancelling it there have to be 20 people doing it !!

Well can't we only have like 10-15 people do it?
Like we normally do?
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/05/03 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2:

Well can't we only have like 10-15 people do it?
Like we normally do?

it's not the same place we normally goto
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/05/03 10:16 AM
Hmmm - my tour is not engine modded - what things can the dyno tell me?
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/05/03 12:43 PM
10-15 might due it just might be a bit more. not much though i need to know for sure so lemme see some names.

oh by the way did i mention my car is operational
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/05/03 04:11 PM
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Hmmm - my tour is not engine modded - what things can the dyno tell me?

It will give you a good baseline for when you put some engine mods. Dyno!
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/06/03 04:34 AM
I will be down there for sat and sunday for sure right now, maybe on friday too.

Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/06/03 04:38 AM
If anyone is coming down on sat nite or friday nite...i can get the rooms for 49.95 w/a full kitchen recliner and queen bed with my discount.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/06/03 05:10 AM
If anyone is coming down on sat nite or friday nite...i can get the rooms for 49.95 w/a full kitchen recliner and queen bed with my discount.

You staying at the same place?
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/06/03 06:48 AM
Yah, if it is at the extended stay in Elmhurst..i get corporate discounts cuz of my work place which ended up being 49.95 a room.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/06/03 03:51 PM
Yah, if it is at the extended stay in Elmhurst..i get corporate discounts cuz of my work place which ended up being 49.95 a room.

Good deal.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/07/03 03:31 AM
yah i would say...it is lookin like i am coming down on early sat morning...it will be a fun nite...i promise that
Hey everyone, don't forget about coming to the Car Show and car stereo competition I am running on Sunday at the Tweeter store in Schaumburg on Golf Rd. Registration is from 8-11 AM.

Posted By: asystole Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 08/10/03 01:12 PM
Where in Chicago, directions?
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 08/13/03 11:09 PM
i hope you all are dynoing since No one said they didnt want to do it it is reserved for sat morning at 8am!!!

A T R
550 N. Chicago St.
Joliet 60432
Tel. 815-726-7866

Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 03:26 AM
GOD DAMN THAT IS EARLY! If I wanted to make it for that, I would have to wake up at 6 in the morning! And I LIVE in Chicago!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 03:50 AM
it starts at 9am but guy said to start showing up at 8am
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Hey everyone, don't forget about coming to the Car Show and car stereo competition I am running on Sunday at the Tweeter store in Schaumburg on Golf Rd. Registration is from 8-11 AM.

Is this the "Official" car show?
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 03:21 PM
it starts at 9am but guy said to start showing up at 8am

ahh well, my car has issues anwyays. maybe on my next car in a year or so (hopefully an svt).
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 06:44 PM
Originally posted by waddsn1060:

No it's not.
Posted By: Parmgeddon Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 08:35 PM
SO give me the low down on what is going on I have some of Sat open and would like to pop in......i.e. where is everybody going to be and at waht time etc....
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 10:26 PM
I went by the hotel in Elmhurst and saw one red modded Contour in the parking lot. So far, only the dyno pull (Sat 8 AM) and the outing to the Drag Strip (Friday evening) in Union Grove WI are listed.

Other events have conflicting info.

Posted By: m!key Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/14/03 10:42 PM
tonight is the bbq at my place. tomorrow is the races. saturday is the dyno. sunday there is a car show. fun fun fun.
Posted By: M_Wren Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/15/03 03:58 PM
are we going to meet somewhere before going to the races? the hotel? the oasis? what time? before or after rush hour?
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
Originally posted by waddsn1060:

No it's not.

But it could be...

I know of at least one and possibly 2 CSVT's that will be there (mine and Anthony Davis, aka 2DEEP2)

Come on up and enjoy the fun, but registration ends promptly at 11:00am (starts at 8:00am)

Posted By: shaun252 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/15/03 08:06 PM
I might be there
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/16/03 05:08 AM
will there be ANYTHING else other than dyno on saturday? i cant make it to that either... boss has me workin this saturday until 5pm.
Posted By: WRXBoy_dup1 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/16/03 11:02 PM
hey guys where's the car show tomorrow? at the hotel in elmhurst? i may need to take a break from yardwork and stop by to say hello.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/16/03 11:58 PM
Since nobody has answered any of my questions I lost interest.
Posted By: Airforce Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/17/03 01:03 AM

maybe you should call Hector or Steve considering none of them have computer access.

Originally posted by Zetec Killer:

maybe you should call Hector or Steve considering none of them have computer access.

Yep. Hector's computer got the worm that was going around. No computer access for the week. He's gonna have some serious posting to do when he gets it fixed tonight.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/19/03 04:18 AM
Originally posted by LoCoChick:
Yep. Hector's computer got the worm that was going around. No computer access for the week. He's gonna have some serious posting to do when he gets it fixed tonight.

it's rather easy to fix the worm problem.... if he needs help have him call me
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/19/03 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Zetec Killer:

Damn right!
Posted By: TORSVT6 Re: Official CHI-TOWN '03 Info Thread - 08/20/03 08:23 PM
Well that was alot of reading... too bad i didnt know about this site until last week! i have a 99 SVT i live in Mchenry well i was in Algonquin until last week, just moved.
let me know how many guys tere are out here and if you all comunicate with the Shocago guys? i know a couple of them.

thanks
WHY is this still pinned, Dont we have a moderator. . Ohh and steve why do you still have the Nats in your Sig
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/12/03 06:20 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Ohh and steve why do you still have the Nats in your Sig

Don't be mad becuase I was a part of history and you had a wittle wunny nose!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/12/03 05:50 PM
WHY is this still pinned, Dont we have a moderator. . Ohh and steve why do you still have the Nats in your Sig

Someone is bored!
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Someone is bored!

Yeah got notn better to with my time
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/12/03 11:12 PM
Your a$$ isn't at home, I just tried calling you!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/15/03 05:32 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Someone is bored!

Yeah got notn better to with my time

True!
Originally posted by bk4293:

Either that or he didn't want to talk to you!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/17/03 06:14 AM

...Or a bit of both maybe???

Sorry wasnt home
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/17/03 05:57 PM

Sorry wasnt home

Awwwww...You see, he really does love me!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Chicago National Meet 03 Info Thread - 09/18/03 05:12 AM

Sorry wasnt home

Awwwww...You see, he really does love me!

© CEG Archives