Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 11/19/02 01:58 AM
Yesterday's meet was better in terms of numbers, but still lacking Contours. In fact, every car attending looked different, with one pre-98 'tour, one 98+ 'tour, one Cougar, one FSVT, and that Mystique that we parked next to

For December's meeting, I'd like to propose a topic: winter prep and care. For those of us who can't currently afford a winter beater, what's the best way to care for your car during the winter? My concern is not being able to wash the car in my driveway, so I think we should meet at a local do-it-yourself car wash, wash off the salt and crap, and swap tips on how to best protect your finish.

Posted By: fastV6contour Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 11/20/02 04:06 AM
Count me and the FSVT in .
Posted By: zosopage Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 11/25/02 04:20 PM
Hi. WHere is the next meet at?? I just joined the CEG and there is so much to read I havn't found out everything yet. Let me know I live in Plymouth, Wi and have a 99 SVT Contour. I would come in a heartbeat. That is if I don't have to work.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 11/25/02 05:54 PM
Originally posted by zosopage:
Hi. WHere is the next meet at?? I just joined the CEG and there is so much to read I havn't found out everything yet. Let me know I live in Plymouth, Wi and have a 99 SVT Contour. I would come in a heartbeat. That is if I don't have to work.

I don't know exactly where yet. I've been trying to coordinate meets on the west side of town, since most of us live on the south side or in Waukesha.

If you or anyone else can recommend a good DIY (machines BAD) car wash we can meet at, please do. I'll bring my microfiber towel so I can amaze you as I dry two, maybe three soaking wet cars with one towel! Wow!

This time I'll also remember to bring my laptop and OBD-II scanner tool in case anyone would like to use it.

Does Dec. 8 sound good to everyone?
Posted By: zosopage Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 11/25/02 06:14 PM
December 8 should work for me. Just tell me where to go. Can't make any suggestions as to where since I live up here.
Posted By: zosopage Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/02/02 01:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words about my car. I should be able to make it down, all I need is a time and place. I'll probably freeze my fingers off when I wash it up before I drive down though.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/02/02 05:40 AM
You don't want to wash it when you get here? I'm hoping to hold the meet at a self-serv car wash, but I understand if its cheaper/more convenient to do it up there

Then again if its too cold we might have to skip the wash. The weather report is a high of 32, so its probably best if we meet during the mid-afternoon of the day.
Posted By: zosopage Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/02/02 03:42 PM
Your right,I can wait till I get there to wash it. Mid afternoon sounds like a good time, Packers don't play till 7:30 pm.
Posted By: 99REDSE Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/03/02 08:54 PM
wassssssssssssup all... i have been working alot lately, so no contour.org chat lately, anyways, found out my bank 1 cat is the cause of my CEL, ekkkk, i dont know what to do!! lol
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/04/02 06:42 AM
Originally posted by 99REDSE:
wassssssssssssup all... i have been working alot lately, so no contour.org chat lately, anyways, found out my bank 1 cat is the cause of my CEL, ekkkk, i dont know what to do!! lol

gut it
Posted By: Doug Christman Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/04/02 11:57 PM
So whats up with the next meet?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/05/02 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Doug Christman:
So whats up with the next meet?

I'm still trying to find a place with self-serv car wash stalls. There's one right by my house, but I don't even know if its open. I'm going to keep looking, though and I'll let everyone know.

If anyone can suggest a definite place to meet so we can wash, please share. Worst case scenario, I have enough soap for several cars, and a microfiber towel that can dry a few cars at one time.
Posted By: 99REDSE Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/05/02 09:26 PM
you cazy! its like 20deg and 10 with windchill, you want to wash cars? eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk, Freeze them doors shut and then have to rip the ruber seals just to open them again!! lol
Posted By: 99REDSE Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/05/02 09:35 PM
hey hetfield, where u work? i notice you say you work on computers and networking... i need a job and iam in the IT field as well... keep getting stuck with these oddball temp jobs... cant find much for long term..
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/05/02 09:56 PM
It's supposed to be 35 on Sunday. At least it was when I last checked. Anyway, I have to find some way to wash my car because it is absolutely CAKED with salt.

I work at UWM in the student union. The state is about to go into a hard-core hiring freeze, so I don't know if I can help you much here. The only way to get an IT job would be a part-time one if you became a student.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/06/02 08:16 PM
Ok, here's the deal:

There's a place right by my house that has self-serv bays open 24/7. They also have automatics if you don't want to get out of the car, but I'm not sure if there are any machines touching the car (machines BAD). The water in the self serv is not heated. The cost is $1.50 for something like 4 minutes, and the guy I talked to said that it usually takes $3.00 to get your car clean.

So, my proposal is this: we can meet at my house about 1:30 or 2:00 which is the warmest part of the day, head over and wash our cars, then head back here and use my garage for whatever else (like testing 99REDSE's alternator) out of the wind and cold.

I'm located near the junction of I94 and College Ave. just south of the airport. If everyone is cool with this then I'll give more exact directions. And even if you're not planning on washing your car, come along just for the hell of it anyway.
Posted By: zosopage Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/06/02 11:36 PM
Hey. I still plan to come so if you want to pm me your exact address that would be great. I know my way around down there pretty well so an address is all I need.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/08/02 10:09 AM
im gonna need to know like some exact directions and exact times..

i would prefer 2:00 over 1:30..
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/08/02 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ov3n:
im gonna need to know like some exact directions and exact times..

i would prefer 2:00 over 1:30..

That's cool... I just wanted to make sure that someone would come before I posted directions

Take I43/I94 south. Just past the airport you'll exit on College Ave. Take a right off the ramp, but keep left, as you'll be turning left onto 20th street right after leaving the ramp. Take 20th south for a few blocks. You'll see some signs warning that the road is narrowing to two lanes. The intersection where the road starts to narrow is Wood Ave. Take a right onto Wood. There are only two houses on the street, mine is the green/tan house on 21st and Wood.
Posted By: GnuLoCo_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/08/02 07:51 PM
Is this still happening?

GnuLoCo
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/09/02 11:09 AM
well i wouldda been there if i hadn't set my alarm for 12:30am instead of 12:30pm.... slept right through.. woke up atlike 3pm..

did anything cool go on?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/09/02 05:36 PM
Jayson (zosopage) and I went over and washed our cars at about 2:30. Waiting in line sucked. After finishing up, we pulled into the parking lot and started to dry our cars, but the water was already freezing on the roof and trunk. We talked for a while and I kept drooling over his SVT since its only the second one I've seen, and his is in much better condition than the other one.

Jayson left at around 3:30 and I pulled my car into the garage. I grabbed a hair dryer and proceeded to get the ice off of the mirrors and the trunk/hood. All in all, I'm very happy that my car is clean
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/13/02 02:10 AM
Is there going to be another meet anytime soon? Like in the springtime or something? I got friends in NECO and i'm sure they would show.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/13/02 03:12 AM
I'm trying to do one meet a month, even if there's no set agenda. Attendance has been disappointing, though. I think it would be great if more NECO guys would show up.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/13/02 03:19 AM
I just talked to my friend that is in NECO and he was down with it. Just keep us informed, they travel this site all the time. So, they'll see the posts.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/13/02 02:21 PM
WASSUP TONY!
HOW YOU DOIN
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/14/02 01:38 AM
Yeah!!! What's happenin man? My car hasn't came yet I'm f$#king going nuts!! I want that thing so bad!! Hey if you talk to Chris anytime soon ask him about my ideas for SVT's and Cougar's Peace out. Thinkmoto
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/15/02 03:43 AM
So is a meet still in the books for Jan 03? I don't have my SVT yet, and it won't be legal by then. But, I still want to go, I'll have someone drive me. maybe someone with a yellow cougar so I can keep him awake!!! ov3n
Any news is good news keep me posted!
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/15/02 03:09 PM
yah dude i fell asleep at like 7pm last night and woke up at 6 this mornin.. i hate being awake in the morning, there's nothing to do!

what needs to be done with your svt before its legal? ivanna help with it! moddding cdw27's is fun... cramped engine bays rule mang!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/16/02 03:36 AM
I have to fix the steering column, then either replace the door locks and ignition system or get the keys reprogrammed by ford. I have a source for all new tumblers and another steering column. The car is coming with another column so I have to see it first to see what will work. Then I have to remove and replace the sunroof. The cool thing is the car comes with another complete sunroof assembly. There is one dented front fender, which it comes with a replacement. the hood and rear trunklid have already been replaced with black contour pieces, so I don't need to anything there. I have E1's coming from Oregon to replace the 15in rims that are on it right now. Then I just need to find some used sideskirts or buy new ones. It needs a stereo and speakers they were stolen from the car thus the the salvage title, stolen recovery vehicle. But, tunes are not very important to me right now. And after it's legal I'll get it repainted the car was keyed and scratched all over so i'll be shelling out for paint. It shouldn't be all that hard to fix up. then I have to get in the MSDS GB get my headers replace the exhaust with borla system SS, get the mirko splitter when the car is painted of course, triple gauge pod monitor the beast, replace the gay ass plastic water pump with metal one, tint the windows can't live without it, and finally get the SVT focus 17's and some good stickies for summer fun. Yeah I'm flowin now man but that should pretty much sum it up. Like I said not much to do!!! Well it's Time Take it easy man
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/16/02 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
So is a meet still in the books for Jan 03? I don't have my SVT yet, and it won't be legal by then. But, I still want to go, I'll have someone drive me. maybe someone with a yellow cougar so I can keep him awake!!! ov3n

I'll definitely plan a Jan. meeting if y'all show up. I've got mods/repairs-a-plently coming up, including SHO Shop intake, new bumper, and new passenger-side headlight assembly. I should also have my new Lambda 12" sub sometime in January.

If there's no other topic I can just show off my car

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/16/02 10:49 PM
SWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!
That's the best news I've heard all week !!!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/18/02 01:17 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

I'll definitely plan a Jan. meeting if y'all show up. I've got mods/repairs-a-plently coming up, including SHO Shop intake, new bumper, and new passenger-side headlight assembly. I should also have my new Lambda 12" sub sometime in January.

If there's no other topic I can just show off my car

Or I can bring my 323 GTX and do donuts in some open field till the motor blows up!!! The car isn't legal for the road so.....I doubt it but it's fun to do donuts in it
Boost+Bald tires+AWD= on dirt of course!!
Posted By: fastV6contour Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/19/02 02:41 AM
i wanted to go but i sold the contour . i have since bought an 1989 SHO . ill give you guys the first chance to buy my kkm intake, superchip, and yodude exhaust with magnaflow muffler. email if your interested if not ill post it in the classifieds. ill bring the sho to the next meet.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/19/02 05:13 AM
Did you sell the Coke-bottle intake, too?
Posted By: Doug Christman Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/19/02 11:04 PM
Hey fastV6Contour I am interested in your parts. PM me with the details.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/20/02 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ov3n:
yah dude i fell asleep at like 7pm last night and woke up at 6 this mornin.. i hate being awake in the morning, there's nothing to do!

what needs to be done with your svt before its legal? ivanna help with it! moddding cdw27's is fun... cramped engine bays rule mang!

Dude are you still alive? Where are you? Just seeing what's up. later
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SE Wisconsin Dec. Meeting - 12/21/02 09:37 PM
Alert to all ov3n's. In need of assistance. Dude you want to go to Lebanon Conneticutt? The hauling company pissed me off for the last time. If the car isn't on the road by Thursday, I'm going to get it myself. I need someone to ride along and keep me awake. Red bull and loud music just won't cut it. BY the way if anyone in this forum has a car shipped don't use DASH AUTO EXPRESS, THEY SUCK. A bunch of brokers who don't give a [censored]!!
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© CEG Archives