Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/06/02 07:20 AM
I am going to my buddy's garage this Saturday around 3:30. He has asked me if I would like to invite everyone from CCEG to go over there and check out the place, and for him to get to know all of you.

Here is the address of the shop and the time of the meet:

Street & Strip Performance
1050 W Lake St.
Roselle IL 60172

The meet will start at 3:30 at the shop. Once again, this is a great opportunity for us to meet with the guys that work over there, in what promises to be our major hookup. I strongly urge all of you to go!
Posted By: svtnos_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/06/02 08:27 PM
whats the cross street with it?
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/06/02 08:45 PM
Ron, I haven't been there yet, so I don't know. I'll call them and ask, then I'll post it on here. In either case, mapquest should take care of you...
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/06/02 11:24 PM
guys I am in town this weekend from U of I....I may just have to run up there and finally attend a CCEG event. I was planning on rotating and changing my oil on sat (first time I have ever done either, pretty crazy huh?) but that shouldnt take long.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 12:02 AM
I can show up for sure, I will be working on saturday in palatine, I'll shoot on over no problem.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 01:01 AM
This is great! Now how about the rest of you? Hector, Joe, Big Joe, Mike, Charlie, Phil, Ron.... etc?

Hope to see everyone there around 3:30pm
Posted By: NITROS_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 01:10 AM
my brother lives out in roselle i think ill stop by too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 01:47 AM
i'll be cleaning my car up this weekend going to the ford dealer monday morning, to look at my new ride
Posted By: Airforce Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
This is great! Now how about the rest of you? Hector, Joe, Big Joe, Mike, Charlie, Phil, Ron.... etc?

I get off around 4pm from work. Sorry guys
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 04:24 AM
I may be able to come, but only for an hour. Can they put the SVT sway bar, I jsut got, in my Contour?
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 04:46 AM
Bstone-

Any chance I can get a ride in the Supercharged contique on sat? Then im in for sure, either way im in for sure just to see this beauty in person.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 06:46 AM
I might have to go, it is right down the street from me.
Posted By: toofastsvt_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 06:51 AM
milan, I'll be there
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 07:50 AM

can't make it gotta work at the pizza place that day...
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 03:20 PM
I'll dish out rides all day long, just show up, hop in, and we be off!
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 10:04 PM
I can bring by my ShoShop cold air intake and powdercoated intake pipe too if anyone is looking for them.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 10:06 PM
Hmm, interested, but not 100% sure, depends on $$ situ.
Posted By: Silver98.5SVT Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/07/02 11:04 PM
Damn man I woud love to go!!!!! I really want to see the Vortech really bad and go for a ride. Maybe line up with it to see how bad i would lose. But I am going to the NIU vs. Bowling Green Football game with like 15 people for tailgateing and te game starts at 1. Both teams are undefeated in their division. We win this game and NIU goes to a bowl game. And if you guys watch college football at all we have the 2nd leading rusher in the nation!! He is in one of my classes, I think I should get him to sign a few footballs before he becomes a balla.
Maybe if I am not too drunk after the game I can get Mike to drives out there in the Liby? eeeeeeewwwwwwwweeeeeeee
Just a thought, I mean the game has be done around 4, i would think. Or maybe if we get our asses handed to us I could drive down if I am able.
peace
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 02:32 AM
I am glad there are many of you that will be able to make it on Saturday! You know Woodfield is only a 10 min drive from the Garage, as is Stradford Square. Maybe after we take a long look at the Garage, we can then go to Hooters in Woodfield or Stratford Square for some Group pics and Food...

In any case, I'll see all of you on Saturday!
Posted By: m!key Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 04:40 AM
cant make it. i will be working. sorry.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 05:58 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
You work?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Hector:
You work?

mike said the "w" word holy [censored]....
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Hector:
You work?
Yeah, what's up with that? C'mon guys, cut him some slack...
Posted By: m!key Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 06:09 PM
yeah, i have to put in a few hours here and there. someone has to pay for all the fun fun stuff this winter.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 07:05 PM
My Tour is still not ready , and I may not make it to mini-meet, but I'll try.
Posted By: Chi-TowNSVT_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 11:03 PM
im pretty sure i can make it
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/08/02 11:21 PM
Just wondering, does this shop have a dyno machine?
Posted By: m!key Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/09/02 03:31 AM
hey guys! i dont have to work! i can make it i think. someone call me with directions or email me a map. i will be coming from rockford! awesome!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/09/02 07:55 AM
Mike man, just use Mapquest bro! The address is at the top of this post. If you still have problems, let me know!

Guys, it is supposed to be a real nice day tomorrow too. Hope that many of you come!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/09/02 03:26 PM
I will be there if my car is put together. More custom parts.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/09/02 07:49 PM
I put the phone # to the shop in my original post. Anyhow, here it is:

630 351-8005

BTW, the Shop is located about a mile and a half WEST of the Bloomingdale Rd and Lake St intersection.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 02:43 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out! It was an imprompty meet, but the turnout ended up being better than usual. Mike or Kevin will post up the pics of the meet later on today or tomorrow!
Posted By: m!key Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 04:18 AM

here they are hot off the presses. thanks to milan and the guys(and girls) at street and strip performance for their having us over. later.
Posted By: Airforce Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 04:24 AM

looks like you guys had a blast. It sucks that my boss [censored] up myschedule or else I would have been there. I had to work 11.5 today and I am [censored] tired. Well I'm off to go drink. Have fun
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 04:44 AM
Sorry guys I couldn't make it to the meet today....if you guys read my posting in the general forum you will see that my first oil change did not go so hot. I couldnt locate the oil drain plug...then I didn't have the right wrench so I tried to use a cresent (sp?) wrench and started to strip it. So I went and bought a set of metric combination wrenches, and trying to get it off I stripped it even more. Now I am extremely frustrated and still do not have my oil changed. I have to figure out what I am going to do to get it off now. Well that took up most of my day, and when I finally gave up it was like 5:00 so I didnt bother running up there.

One good note is that I rotated my tires today for the first time!

Also the 5th picture I have a question about...where did whomever get there mesh? I really like how that looks!

Man I wish I would have gotten to see a SC contique. Oh well I am sure there will be other times.
Posted By: Chi-TowNSVT_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 07:41 AM
yea the meet was fun
i got a ride in the SCsvt, man that was a blast (thanx brandon)hope everything works out with that street stuff bs
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 09:27 AM
It was real cool and the people at the hop treated us like family. I plan to bring my cars there for work when I need it.

Thanks M!
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 09:51 PM
Yeah fellas I had a great time, it was nice to finally meet all of you. Can't wait for the next one!
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 09:52 PM
Ditto, the meet was definatelly cool. It was different than what we usually do. I think it is a good idea that we make our meets different each time...

The folks over at SSP told me that we are welcome to stop by there whenever we want, so it is not out of question that we will be back there for a another meet.

BTW Tom, I like the M! Simple and sophisticated nickname!

Later. M. Ha ha ha ha
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 10:04 PM
I forgot to add, Those folks at SSP are some really nice people. I can appreciate a shop with morals like they showed after my experience.
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/10/02 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
I forgot to add, Those folks at SSP are some really nice people. I can appreciate a shop with morals like they showed after my experience.
Dino and Sal have agreed to become the Official CCEG shop. I will make them a huge logo of the CEG which they will put up in the shop.

Like I said to all of you, this is going to be a very productive relationship, and I am glad for them for opening the place.

I hope many of you will take your Tours if need be to SSP.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: M - 11/10/02 11:57 PM
M,

Us Chicagoans usually shorten names to one sylable alot, right Kev?
Posted By: m!key Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/11/02 01:29 AM
Dino and Sal have agreed to become the Official CCEG shop. I will make them a huge logo of the CEG which they will put up in the shop.

I hope many of you will take your Tours if need be to SSP.

does this mean that we will see real discounts or something?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: M - 11/11/02 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 2000v6SE:
M,

Us Chicagoans usually shorten names to one sylable alot, right Kev?

You Got that right T
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M - 11/11/02 04:31 PM
sorry i missed it but ill be at the next one in a new car it looks like , i'll find out in a few hours
Posted By: Chi-TowNSVT_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/11/02 06:21 PM
Originally posted by JonGordo8:

Also the 5th picture I have a question about...where did whomever get there mesh? I really like how that looks!

its just painted with chrome paint
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/12/02 02:15 AM
stock SVT grille?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/12/02 06:18 AM
It was pretty cool over there. I just wish I could have driven my own car there.
Posted By: Chi-TowNSVT_dup1 Re: Mini-Meet This Saturday - 11/12/02 05:21 PM
Originally posted by JonGordo8:
stock SVT grille?

yup
© CEG Archives