Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m!key Homies - 07/30/06 01:54 AM
hey peeps, i have made it home. absolutely great meet today despite the heat and losing marty for a half hour and my 82 in a 65 speeding ticket.

marty, it was nice seeing you again and thanks for the pics. i am going to get it framed. fantastic shot!

again peeps, great meet. it was the most fun i have had at a local meet in a long time. i wonder if that has to do with hector and steve not being there. hmmmmmmmmmm.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 07/30/06 01:59 AM
same here awesome time, cant wait to see the pics
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/30/06 02:33 AM
Good times had by all
Posted By: MLuko Re: Homies - 07/30/06 02:55 AM
yea i had a blast! got 200 miles on a half tank
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Homies - 07/30/06 03:04 AM
fntastic meet... I don't think I've laughed that much in a long time! Time to start planning the next meet..

M!key, did you really get a speeding ticket today?
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 07/30/06 03:30 AM
yes an unmarked copper behind a bridge on 39 North. he had me dead to rights. thank god i slowed down from speeds i was traveling at or i might be in big trouble. i just pulled over and took my medicine.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/30/06 03:50 AM
And you told US to drive carefull and slow....

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Homies - 07/30/06 03:52 AM
so did Marty whoop all your asses at kart or what?!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Homies - 07/30/06 09:56 AM
Yeah, I had a great time too! It was good seeing everyone again, and meeting some new people as well. I shoulda ran that stupid yellow light and I wouldn't have gotten separated. Oh well, at least I found everyone again, thanks to a laptop w. GPS, a nice police officer, a knowledgeable gas station attendent, a phone book, and some time. Thanks for coming and lookin' for me too, even though we kept missing each other.

Originally posted by m!key:
marty, it was nice seeing you again and thanks for the pics. i am going to get it framed. fantastic shot!

Thanks -- glad you liked it!

Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
so did Marty whoop all your asses at kart or what?!

Well, unfortunately most people weren't too interested in go-karting, due primarily to the heat, so that didn't happen. Well, at least not until the meet broke up after bowling and I went up there myself. Sooo, yeah, I ran three races (the third's only 15 bucks after the first two), coming in 4th, 5th, and 3rd, with a best lap time of 15:73, I think.

After leaving there around 8:30, I got food and then drove down to South Chicago Heights to a rave that was going on down there. I left there around 3 am and managed to get the last room at the Motel 6 in Hammond, IN, which is where I am typing this from.

I hope everyone made it home well, and thanks for having a meet yesterday! I had a great time!

Marty
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Homies - 07/30/06 07:01 PM
hey peeps, i have made it home. absolutely great meet today despite the heat and losing marty for a half hour and my 82 in a 65 speeding ticket.

again peeps, great meet. it was the most fun i have had at a local meet in a long time. i wonder if that has to do with hector and steve not being there. hmmmmmmmmmm.

I do believe Mikey Gurl missed us

Whats a meet without the loud drunk guy ????
Actually Gris and I were going to go meet you guys, but Kevin didn't answer his phone, and Dan had no idea where he was.

Ald also you dumb SOB why were you driving that reckless anyway???????? Kids man, what about the kids???????
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 07/30/06 11:42 PM
this is the picture marty printed out for me...

did an absolutely awesome job. i saw pole's burnout pic too. hot as hell. great job mang!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 07/30/06 11:46 PM
marty.. marty.. marty..you da man
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/30/06 11:52 PM
i saw pole's burnout pic too.

You should see the rest of the Pics on the CD of the burnout.....awesome. I'm going to have a poster-sixe on made to hang next to my SVT tour poster in the shop.

~Josh
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 07/31/06 12:03 AM
man i cant wait to see the pics marty took of my car
Posted By: striker2 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 01:03 AM
yeah Marty deffinatly took some awsome pics. had tons of fun.
thanks for the cd Marty and post cards.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 01:46 AM
this is the picture marty printed out for me...

did an absolutely awesome job. i saw pole's burnout pic too. hot as hell. great job mang!

Man your car looks amazing!!! I want that for a garage poster
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 01:49 AM
I am really sorry for missing this meet!
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 07/31/06 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Logan00:
I want that for a garage poster

you should see the print. it is 10X better than the image on your screen. larger format too.
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 07/31/06 02:21 AM
when is the next meet?!

a PRT meet?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 07/31/06 02:24 AM
when is the next meet?!

a PRT meet?

when u get my pics posted thats when ......A prt meet sounds like fun to me though
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 02:48 AM
a PRT meet?

Working on it....
Posted By: Frosty Re: Homies - 07/31/06 03:11 AM
I had a great time as well. Too friggen hot though...my stomach didn't recover till almost ten that nite! Mikey, I can't believe you got a speeding ticket! Bummer. Thanks to Marty for the pic of my car at SZ and the train pics from the Columbia River Gorge and upper MN. Awesome..there will be some of my pics coming your way soon. Also, on the way home, BLKOUT2 turned 111,111 Neways, good to see you all, even though Frosty couldn't make it She'll be back next year. Can't wait till the next meet
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Homies - 07/31/06 09:01 AM
Well, I just got home around half an hour ago, at about 01:25. The plane was 20 min. late leaving the gate at O'Hare, and we sat in traffic on the runway for another 30 minutes. Then I was starving when we landed, so I stopped for food on the way home from the airport here. Oh well, I and my stuff made it back anyway. I'm still amazed that I got everything crammed in my suitcase and bags. My checked bag was 17lbs overweight, though.

Glad you all like the pictures! I haven't downloaded any yet from the meet, but I should get to that in the next day or so. I'll post some on here when I do.

Thanks again for the meet -- I had a great time!

Marty
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 10:30 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
when is the next meet?!

a PRT meet?

when u get my pics posted thats when ......A prt meet sounds like fun to me though

Who are you kidding.....you won't drive to WI.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Frosty:
BLKOUT2 turned 111,111

Indeed she did.

12,000 miles since i rolled her out of the garage March 24th...no major problems .

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Homies - 07/31/06 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Pole120:
Originally posted by Frosty:
BLKOUT2 turned 111,111

Indeed she did.

12,000 miles since i rolled her out of the garage March 24th...no major problems .

12k miles in 4 months? Do you have permanent tunnel vision from driving so much?

Mark
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Homies - 07/31/06 05:25 PM
whens the next meet? we could have it during "Corn Fest" and then hit the bars and crash at my joint overnight and play some 360 on the big screen.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Homies - 07/31/06 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

12k miles in 4 months? Do you have permanent tunnel vision from driving so much?

Mark

It's 90% highway.....

I go out of town almost every weekend and have a 26 mile drive to and from work every day, then another 15 mile drive each way to PRT's shop space most every night.

Posted By: bensenvill Re: Homies - 07/31/06 07:20 PM
geez, I'm well under 50 miles total for the week.
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 07/31/06 11:19 PM
who cares. here are some pics. the heat did something to the camera or the fotografics...

damn it was as hot as ass!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Homies - 08/01/06 12:14 AM

M!key, did you get caught airing out your man goods on film??????????
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Homies - 08/01/06 01:23 AM
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
http://fototime.com/{DE949EE8-AF50-44D4-8EA8-9A0179FAB758}/picture.JPG

Nope, he was caught searching.....
Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 08/01/06 01:47 AM

they were stuck to my leg!
Posted By: MLuko Re: Homies - 08/01/06 03:08 AM

I did the same thing several times that day.. it was friggen hot.. awsome pics Mikey, I'll get mine up tomorow
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Homies - 08/01/06 11:13 AM

hahha... funny thing is that I caught you once before on the way to Hooters doing the same thing... obviously you were doing it thru-out the day and I missed it.

"Sticky Man-Goods" sorta sounds like a band or something..
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Homies - 08/02/06 03:28 AM
Nice Pics!!
Posted By: striker2 Re: Homies - 08/03/06 03:21 AM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
I haven't downloaded any yet from the meet, but I should get to that in the next day or so. I'll post some on here when I do.

so where are the pics at marty. i need a new background for my computer.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 08/03/06 11:46 PM
Originally posted by striker2:
I haven't downloaded any yet from the meet, but I should get to that in the next day or so. I'll post some on here when I do.

ditto patiently waiting
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Homies - 08/03/06 11:56 PM
Originally posted by striker2:

ditto patiently waiting

No soup for you.
Posted By: dukeofsho_dup1 Re: Homies - 08/04/06 02:40 AM
Ok I see how it is.... No one cares about me anymore. No emails telling about meets....thats ok.

Doh, I couldnt have made it anyways. To busy working on the new car:).
I know..its a GM.

Posted By: m!key Re: Homies - 08/04/06 04:10 AM
it was on the board for 4 weeks.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Homies - 08/04/06 06:10 AM
Nice GM!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Homies - 08/04/06 09:49 AM
Ack! Sorry for the delay in getting some of these posted. After I got done cropping these, I realized that they were the wrong aspect ratio for a desktop On the bright side however, they are the correct ratio for a 4x6 print! I'll recrop and post desktop-proportioned pics over the weekend, 'cause it's almost 3am right now.

W00t!

Marty
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Homies - 08/04/06 08:31 PM
Damn stock Evos!

Nice car Matt. When are you going to come out to cruise?
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Homies - 08/04/06 09:08 PM
Very Nice Pics!!!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Homies - 08/05/06 12:03 AM
awesome pics marty , thanks a lot man, btw did any of the rear shots come out , if so please email them to me..thanks again .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Homies - 08/05/06 01:33 AM
awesome pics marty , thanks a lot man, btw did any of the rear shots come out , if so please email them to me..thanks again .

Yeah....keep the rear shots off the internet.
Posted By: MLuko Re: Homies - 08/05/06 01:14 PM
damn thoes are nice Marty!
© CEG Archives