Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/15/06 03:51 PM
Detroit [censored] sucks!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/15/06 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Detroit [censored] sucks!

Posted By: m!key Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/15/06 09:43 PM
i got your message. we are at a wedding today. sounds like you and biggs are haing fun.
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/16/06 02:53 AM
I grew up in metro-Detroit and generally agree. However, you aren't clear about what makes Detroit suck. Please elaborate?

Mr. Spindlelegs
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/16/06 06:00 AM
Originally posted by mrspindlelegs:
I grew up in metro-Detroit and generally agree. However, you aren't clear about what makes Detroit suck. Please elaborate?

Mr. Spindlelegs

Mike, I haven't even seen bigs yet.

Detroit is really getting better, but my god Chicago feels 10x more international, and additionally feels more safe. I always feel a lil uncozy in detroit. Royal Oak, now is blowing UP.

I saw puffy amiyummy tonight...wow what a kickass show!

ASAP I will be moving to chicago. Seriously I am gonna try n sell the contour and put that money inthe bank for future rent.
Posted By: m!key Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/16/06 04:35 PM
chicago is the best city in north america.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 02:24 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
chicago is the best city in north america.

I have to agree! Has everything one could want
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 02:54 AM
But Mike, you live in Rockford, LOL!

Used to be that Rockford people [in the jurassic 80's] would cringe if someone said "You near Chicago?"

I read the Detrot News online to get car news, and they will have stories of "SE Michigan's young people are fleeing to Chicago". Used to be that people were fleeing out of Chicago, not in.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 10:55 AM
Chicago is a great city......traffic SUCKS!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 03:12 PM
I wanna say a half of my core group of friends from High school/college that I still talk to regularly have moved to Chicago.

Yes the traffic sucks, but I will just sell my car and get a small SUV and a Bike. Or an aries and a bike.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 04:00 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I wanna say a half of my core group of friends from High school/college that I still talk to regularly have moved to Chicago.

Yes the traffic sucks, but I will just sell my car and get a small SUV and a Bike. Or an aries and a bike.

Dude good luck on the aries!!! I can't find one for the life of me
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 06:59 PM
I never really understood the fondness for Chicago. Better than Detroit? Yes. All that great? No. I like to visit but not to live. Too busy for my tastes.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 07:08 PM
i love chicago. i don't think it's too busy at all. but then again, i lived in NYC for a couple of years too....

i think chicago has nearly everything you could want in a city, yet is still relatively easy to get around in, and is reasonably safe.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 07:20 PM
its the mass transit and the diversity of people that makes chicago great.

Then again detroit is great to if your a Gangsta!
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 07:28 PM
I used to live in the western 'burbs and worked downtown for 8 years. I didn't like Chicago at all.

Originally posted by Y2KGreenSE:
But Mike, you live in Rockford, LOL!

Used to be that Rockford people [in the jurassic 80's] would cringe if someone said "You near Chicago?"

That reminds me of a story...

My dad and I were at the EAA fly-in in Oshkosh, WI several years ago. An older local gentleman tried to start a conversation with us with the typical pleasantries and then he asked us where we were from.

We said "from Illinois".

He responded by saying "It's always nice to have you folks from Chicago come up here to the show"

Which prompted my dad to say "Yes, it is nice to get up here by Chicago every now and then." Remember, we're in Oshkosh.

The guy got all flustered, and said "oh no, you're not close to Chicago here" to which my dad responded "I'm closer to Chicago here than when I'm at home."

The kind gentleman left all in a huff, seemingly upset that we associated being in Oshkosh, as being close to Chicago. Dad and I both knew we weren't close to Chicago, but also didn't appreciate being categorized as "Chicagoans" just because we said we were from Illinois.

Posted By: m!key Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/17/06 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
My dad and I were at the EAA fly-in in Oshkosh, WI several years ago.

we are going next weekend!
Posted By: bmxcontour Re: Wasted in Lincoln park - 07/26/06 03:03 AM
try living in Seoul, Korea. way bigger than chicago and detroit. 2nd most dangerous place to drive in the world.

Ben
© CEG Archives