Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I was wondering if anyone around the Chicago area is willing to help me gut my precats?
willing to drive? LOL

we were planning on having a WI meet shortly as Mark needs his done and I need brakes done on SVT #2
you can come to the meet im having on sat and get em done. look up top for info
Yes I am willing to drive as long as I get some help doing my precats because I don't really know what I am doing and as long as its some free help!
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
Yes I am willing to drive as long as I get some help doing my precats because I don't really know what I am doing and as long as its some free help!

I might head up there on sat also, was going to do motor mounts but i dont have the parts. Can we add another car to get the precats gutted?? Where are you located, maybe we could meet up and drive out.
not sure when we are leaving yet to go to Jaged's house but if there is a way to meet up somewhere on the way and we all caravan together - count me in!

Looks like I have to take I90 to 290 which is probably going to run into someone who lives in the IL area who wants to go.
gutting another set of precats isnt a problem. Ill be there early in the morning 8ish. show up whenever after that but precat bolts have been known to be a pain. did a set a couple years ago that ended up taking something like 4-5 hours cause a nut striped half way off. that wont happen here though, well just get the torch out
I am up for a caravan.. I live outskirts of chicago and valapairso is about 80 miles from me... whos up for a caravan?

Also what will I need to bring to get my precats gutted... the metal off a bucket or do you guys have that?

bring the metal handle off of a bucket, unless you CEG guys have a different way, but we will bend it up to make the "tool of destruction" and then stick it in a drill. If you have a favorite drill you want too use thats fine but therell be one there. oh and youll need some safty glasses for the precats, thats stuffs nasty

since there are a couple of you that are gonna be jacked up in the air can someone bring a set of small jack stands. I have a couple pairs but i think theyll be getting used
I'll bring my racing jack and a set of jackstands if I can get everything to fit into the car ok due to the fiberglass enclosure in the trunk.

I need pedals, upper strut mounts and upgraded GC bearings installed on my car.. should be pretty easy I hope..

I'll try and help everyone as much as possible unless I feel really girly over the weekend LOL
anybody who is coming to this willing to buy my headers, y pipe, flex pipe and flanges from me? I will sell them to one of you for $400 instead of $420 because I will bring them there....

Just an offer to one of you instead of gutting your precats....

I am selling them because I need the money for something else.

Another question for this get together Jaged.... is it possible to do my magnaflow resonator as well??
is this just the exhaust tip or are you talking about a muffler? theres gonna be a lot going on, if its just a tip that shouldnt be a problem, the muffler might take some more time so well see

crispy dont know if mtang has talked to you yet about bringing some of his stuff down for me. He was gonna try and make it down but he wasnt for sure. Hes supposed to let me know later this week. dont worry about bringing a jack, there will be enough jacks, just need the stands
I'll pick up the set of headers for $300.00. Thats all I have. I'll even go get them.
400 and you have a deal... thats the lowest i can go unless you add a magnaflow 10435 then we'll talk

oh and Jaged, its the magnaflow 10435 muffler that i want to put in place of the stock resonator... any time for that?
possibly, are you just going to clamp it in place or weld it? clamping will be no biggie, sawsall and your done

if youre coming either way bring it along and well try and get it done, if you wnat you can show up earlier and then well have time for sure to get it done.

i have to gather some wood in the morning for the bonfire and look in the trans of the 3L to try and track down a ticking noise. If no ones there in the morning ill be finishing up strut bars if i havent all ready gotten them done
sounds good I'll def be there pretty early in the morning hopefully. Ill PM you friday to make sure to tell you exactly what time and stuff.

Thanks again
I'll call Chris this week... what exactly does he want me to bring? I have limited space in the car and don't want to have my rear tires rub when I drive... I just threw some 18's on and have no rubbing issues but I've never tested it loaded or with rear passengers.
dont know what all is there but he mentioned mirrors and some other random stuff that he had stored at your house
I am up for a caravan.. I live outskirts of chicago and valapairso is about 80 miles from me... whos up for a caravan?

Also what will I need to bring to get my precats gutted... the metal off a bucket or do you guys have that?

Caravan sounds good, I am 60 miles from valpo close to 55 and 294. Still planning on doing precats.
Originally posted by jaged:
dont know what all is there but he mentioned mirrors and some other random stuff that he had stored at your house

OH so its stuff that is buried in my garage behind the cherry picker and engine stand..???

ummm.. I need some serious notice to get in there to pull the cougar out and rearrange everything just to get at that area.. there is barely a full walk way around the car due to all the spare crap I have in there..

BTW -- anyone interested in purchasing some stock SVT struts and spings with 60K on them at this meet?
should i gut the precats there or just install the headers and come early...?

I am tempted but i think i need the money but i CANNOT find a buyer....
should i gut the precats there or just install the headers and come early...?

I am tempted but i think i need the money but i CANNOT find a buyer....

I would come early to buy your headers and install but I wish I had the money!
dig up 380 and their yours.. i have to lower the price to that but its it...
dig up 380 and their yours.. i have to lower the price to that but its it...

I wish I could even afford that, poor college student
yeah chris its prolly all that stuff....

if you guys have done headers before thats cool to do em, but i know on the NECO side im the only one thats installed them while the motor is in the car and there is a lot that can go wrong with a header install. so i dont know how comfortable doing a full install there. I know for me i would want to do it at my own house just in case
alirght then ill do the gutting the precats.

Oh and i just found out i need to install a new 02 sensor behind my cat... p1053 so can we do that too? haha
that shouldnt be a problem, just have to unscrew it and unhook the plug
would that affect my MPG at all?
© CEG Archives