Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RialKnight I was sold a lemon---anyone want parts? - 05/06/06 05:28 PM
Damm......
I've come to find out today that my whole exhaust system is shot.

I've been to 3 shops before and was told there's "nothing worng"

yea right

so since all WI mechanic are lieing a-holes, i'm writing the car off as a lemon and partting it out.

$1000 and she's all yours

you can contact me at rialknight@yahoo.com

peace
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I was sold a lemon---anyone want parts? - 05/06/06 05:38 PM
So it needs an exhaust and thats it? 4cyl or 6?

I'ld be interested in some partts if not the whole thing...

~Josh
That and a new EGR Valve & TB gasket
It's a 6cyl

Posted By: Pole120 Re: I was sold a lemon---anyone want parts? - 05/06/06 08:42 PM
Originally posted by RialKnight:
That and a new EGR Valve & TB gasket
It's a 6cyl

Anything else i should know about? Noe CEL or anything, just needs a little tuning up to be right as rain?

How many miles?

I want the dash bezel if you part it.
wow that almost sounds like my car. I just bought a 95 merc from someone in wisc and it needed a whole new exhaust, egr,and now the motor is knocking and the cel is still saying code 332. What a coincidense.
Quote:

Anything else i should know about? Noe CEL or anything, just needs a little tuning up to be right as rain?

Hardly..car dosn't need a tune-up.....but exhaust & emission system's are shot.

From Midas the total cost is $1101.00....from nearby Heiser Ford it's $2,678...& Firestone(good god) $4,210

ID Bill
Flex Section-$199.00
Rear Converter-$329.00
Resonator pipe-$99.00
Exhaust pipe-$39.99
Muffler-$119.00
Exhaust Bolt Kit-$13.98

Part cost was the same at all places
Total Labor Cost 329.00-midas $1,650-Heiser Ford, $1,910-Firestone

CEL is on
here's the codes

P0151
P0402
P0420
P1151

Quote:

How many miles?

but before I part with it.... i'll like to see, if i can get the dealership ( Sturtevant Motors )to do the repairs under WI's Lemon Law...Since this was not disclosed to me.
Originally posted by ellmers95:
wow that almost sounds like my car. I just bought a 95 merc from someone in wisc and it needed a whole new exhaust, egr,and now the motor is knocking and the cel is still saying code 332. What a coincidense.

This is way i hate living in WI
back in New Mexico, state law says everycar must be "road safe " by a state mechanic before it can be sold.

But up here...people just love to f'ya over
I am starting to think the same thing man. I thinkn if they are gonna sell a non safe car the buyer should be notified of its problems and agree to buy it that was intead of hiding it all and f*ing you over.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I was sold a lemon---anyone want parts? - 05/06/06 11:27 PM
Gut the cats...wirte in some Mil elimiators($30 and some time), get a stock exhaust off someone and call it a day.

If you can't get the dealership to fix it i'ld seriously considder buying it.
Wow, stupid crap that needs to be fixed...and unless your entire exhaust is rusted away, you don't need an ENTIRE exhaust. Thats rediculous. Everything you mentioned can be fixed easily.
A nine year old car with 118k miles? It sure ain't new, welcome to the world of beaters.
Is it auto or manual?
Screw Josh, I'll pick it up....
looks like an auto from the cardomain page.
Yeah, Just saw that nevermind....
Blain's Farm & Fleet is the best!!!!
I took it there and got all the needed work done for $395!!!!!
now i have no CEL

So i'll be keeping her, many thanks to all those who contacted me.

© CEG Archives