Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BiggsvT28 WOOT! - 04/26/06 02:06 AM
Good news for all of you! I am gradumatating from msu on the 6th of next month and just took a job in Elk Grove Village as a product manager for a local company.

Who all is local to the area? I have only been to Chicago twice in my life so I have quite a bit of acclimating to do, especially with the bar scene.

Anyways I look forward to hanging out with you all in the future, if anybody has insight on where I should live i'm open to any input.
Posted By: m!key Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 02:32 AM
hey man welcome!
Posted By: bensenvill Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 04:51 AM
I work in Elk Grove!
[and live 5 minutes away]

keep me updated, I can definitely show you around if you want.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 05:03 AM
Thats awesome, I live on the north side of Chicago and work in Glendale Heights, not too far either way....
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 06:52 AM
Congrat! I graduate on May 13th.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 02:04 PM
Does anybody have a clue where I should look for an apartment?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 02:16 PM
I was going to move to rosemount, place called the Pavillion, has a bar, gym, like 2 pools underground parking. Awesome apartments.

The thing that sold me was if you wanna go down town you can hop on the train go drink then come back.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BiggsvT28:
Does anybody have a clue where I should look for an apartment?

I don't really care, just make sure that you have a nice pullout, or a futon.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 05:18 PM
Rosemont itself has a lot of nice places to see and go.
It's probably 5-10 minutes from the O'hare airport and The All-Stae Arena, Ram Brewery, Krispy Kreme , Donald E. Convention Center, Cool Christmas scence (Candy Cane Lane) right off of Higgins...and as mentioned the El station will take you straight Downtown if youre into that scene.

Elk Grove is a nice place, You can visit the Elks....Not as exiting as Amber and I thought it would be....Another Krispy Kreme (probably the biggest one in IL.)

Google Is Your Best Friend....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
blah blah blah.... krispy kreme....

blah blah blah..... krispy kreme.

sounds like someone has a glazed fetish!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 08:23 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
just make sure that you have a nice pullout

Posted By: RialKnight Re: WOOT! - 04/26/06 09:10 PM
Congrats BiggsvT28
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 12:05 PM
Quote:

The thing that sold me was if you wanna go down town you can hop on the train go drink then come back

Yea that definitely kicks ass, I have no desire for the hassle of living downtown.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BiggsvT28:
Quote:

The thing that sold me was if you wanna go down town you can hop on the train go drink then come back

Yea that definitely kicks ass, I have no desire for the hassle of living downtown.

The Pavillion place was sweet, 16 story's and you could get a penthouse which was the 15&16th story.

Its like 2 miles from O'hare. and like 4 blocks from the train. It was hard to decide to move to vegas becuase Chicago is soo badass! but certian jobs are in certian area's. Not alot of Aerospace jobs in Chicago
Posted By: MxRacer Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:
It was hard to decide to move to vegas becuase Chicago is soo badass! but certian jobs are in certian area's. Not alot of Aerospace jobs in Chicago

since when is "tweeter" and aerospace company?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
It was hard to decide to move to vegas becuase Chicago is soo badass! but certian jobs are in certian area's. Not alot of Aerospace jobs in Chicago

Whos working for Tweeter?

Check out JT3

Thanks for playing, they called and offered me a job before this place found me. Thats what happens when your me, Company's call you. Like the Avionics job i turned down in Grand Rapids on Monday
Posted By: MxRacer Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 03:44 PM

Check out JT3

Thanks for playing, they called and offered me a job before this place found me. Thats what happens when your me, Company's call you. Like the Avionics job i turned down in Grand Rapids on Monday

linky

needs less chad.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 03:47 PM

Check out JT3

Thanks for playing, they called and offered me a job before this place found me. Thats what happens when your me, Company's call you. Like the Avionics job i turned down in Grand Rapids on Monday [b/]

linky

needs less chad.

You must have missed this part

But its ok, you never claimed to be smart

hows the Vans treating you?
Posted By: SHOgoFast Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 04:28 PM
Congrats Scott. Im in the w. suburbs, Naperville come August. You have my number if you ever feel like exploring. I wish I had more advice as where to live but I only moved here from MI in August and still hardly know where to go.
-Adam
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 04:30 PM
Steeda McD's called. They want the apron back!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WOOT! - 04/27/06 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
Steeda McD's called. They want the apron back!

ya anyhow
© CEG Archives