Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jeepnit Is it worth it to part out? - 04/25/06 04:09 PM
My girlfriends sisters took her car for a joy ride and ended up crashin git. the engine is fine and so are the air bags. the only damage is cosmetic, front windshield, and the front right suspension.

its a 96 with 60,xxx miles on it.

is it worth it for me to part it out? do you think i can make over 500 off of it?

she didnt have comprehensive insurance on it so nothing was covered. i'm just looking to make more than the 300 a junk yard offered for it.

thanks

chris
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/25/06 04:29 PM
Sounds like you could sell it off whole to a ceger and they could fix it!@ Doesn't sound totalled at all!

Where are u located?!
Posted By: jeepnit Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/25/06 07:44 PM
Milwaukee, wisconsin

well her dad doens't want to spend the time or money to fix the car so in his mind it's "totalled"

the interior is all in perfect condition.

i could take the doors off and buff out the scraches.

i just dont know what the demand is for stock contour parts.

i poked around ebay a bit and it seemed like i could sell some of it.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks

chris
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/25/06 08:25 PM
If i had the time I'd give you $500 for it and repair it for daily driver duty...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/25/06 08:49 PM
Is it the V6 or I4 engine? Is it the automatic or manual transmission?

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Is it the V6 or I4 engine? Is it the automatic or manual transmission?

Mark

Details!
Posted By: MLuko Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 12:20 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
If i had the time I'd give you $500 for it and repair it for daily driver duty...

1 weekend i'd help you with it and it would be good as new again.. you just need to supply me with beer and parts
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 01:02 AM
I'll do it for half of Marks price!!!!!!!!

Just the beer, then I'll use the empty cans for body parts....on my body!!!!

Anyway...tell us more about the car, color, interior color...

Hell go take some pics if youy hsvr to.
Posted By: jeepnit Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 04:19 AM
its a black 96 contour with 71k miles i just checked. grey interior. automatic 4 popper..... yea i'm really thinking about reparing it myself... just curious what kind of money does a car like this go for if it is in decent shape?

thanks guys
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 04:41 AM
Originally posted by jeepnit:
its a black 96 contour with 71k miles i just checked. grey interior. automatic 4 popper..... yea i'm really thinking about reparing it myself... just curious what kind of money does a car like this go for if it is in decent shape?

thanks guys

Decent shape, I'd say 1500. Just get some junk yard parts on it. If they don't color match then o well...be ghetto.
Posted By: jeepnit Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/26/06 04:53 AM
lol spray paint! haha. yea the worst part is the front strut i'll take some pics for you guys so you can see and then tell me what you think.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 04/29/06 01:17 PM
I do have a complete suspension set up for a pre-98 sitting in my garage..... WITH GROUND CONTROLS! So you could re-do the suspension and lower it. Bran New struts! $225 for all of it and you are so close i might even deliver and help put them in.... Let me know - JOE
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Is it worth it to part out? - 05/02/06 01:27 PM
Be careful w/ that suspension...check to see if the axle got farked, if so, it's junk. Also w/ the suspension, check for damage to the engine cradle...mine took the left front wheel & shoved it back towards the firewall, popping the strut off the top mount. My axle was undamaged but we had to replace the engine cradle & suspension...$175 for the cradle alone if you're lucky.

Put it together & sell it, if it's not that bad.
© CEG Archives