Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dukeofsho_dup1 YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 03:46 PM
Just finished spraying last night. The "SVT" is in the paint. Thats my buddy who sprayed the car..hes one bad ass painter.

Posted By: Barge Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 04:19 PM
What color is that?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 04:50 PM
Thats really sweet,

It looks like a burnt copper ive seen on some audis
Posted By: Frosty Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 05:27 PM
I think that is Toreador Red iirc he was repainting the car the same color it was? Looks good either way Hope it is T-Red. I love that color!!!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 05:53 PM
Doesnt look like a T-Red but it looks bad ass. Why didnt you fill in the hole were the badge/side markers go....

Cant wait to see it in person matt.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 06:46 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Doesnt look like a T-Red but it looks bad ass. Why didnt you fill in the hole were the badge/side markers go....

Why don't you fill your hole and shut up....

Hey Matt, car looks great man. Hope you didnt buy the paint from Mikey, I heard his stuff washes of after a good rain.

Posted By: m!key Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/16/06 11:59 PM
awesome! i need a paint job soon too! how do i get in contact with this guy?
mm cinnamonny.
I want to lick it
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 01:02 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
mm cinnamonny.
I want to lick it

Ohhh lord i better watch what i say or i will get banned
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 02:03 AM
I'm not even go there...

But you did take a Nerf dart in the mouth pretty easily... LOL!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 02:09 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:

Yup, its TR. I think it the cheap shop camera that makes it look copper, or it might just be cause it was under neon lights. In person its alot darker.
I didnt fill in the side marker cause a LED side marker goes there. I bought it with a lit maker and going to reinstall it. Check my sig for the cardomain before pics. Just wait it hasnt even been wet sanded and buffed yet....I cant wait!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 02:38 AM
Looks sweet man, I hope you make it out to SZ!
Posted By: ElKy Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 01:53 PM
looks great, your boys got skillz.
i was hoping you were going to say that it wasn't t-red, it looks awesome as a burnt copper color.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/17/06 03:46 PM
Fresh paint.
Originally posted by Me ted:
i was hoping you were going to say that it wasn't t-red, it looks awesome as a burnt copper color.

I feel the same.
But t-red looks like jollyranchers to me, so either way, Ima be lickin
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/18/06 02:30 AM

I feel the same.

I know what I'm paintin'!!!!
Originally posted by Bk4293L:

I feel the same.

I know what I'm paintin'!!!!

Ah ha you get sloppy seconds...they said they would like mine first!
Posted By: ymicz Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/21/06 06:44 AM
thats awesome. How long does it take to prep/paint, I've been considering getting my car repainted Silver Frost, i have 1 door thats a different shade because its from a different 'tour, and i have one door with horrible body work that needs to be smoothed out and its a 3rd shade of silver.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/23/06 04:41 AM
omfg that is hott!!

but please lose the SVT decal, you have keep that paint clean and decal free or whatever that SVT thing is..
Posted By: m!key Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/23/06 04:50 AM
poor boy read the first post. "svt" in the paint.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/23/06 05:49 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
poor boy read the first post. "svt" in the paint.

touche salesman
lol, dont worry. It really doesnt jump out at you. Its what the french call "Le Accent"
See:

Posted By: Pole120 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/25/06 03:31 AM
Oh......my.....god......

that looks wet enough to swim in

Give me a quote for my car
Posted By: m!key Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/25/06 03:32 AM
get me a quote for a paint job on a silver frost svt. stock color. peace out.
Approx. $123123434234.00 plus materials. LOL. Shoot, my car is still down being assembled .
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/30/06 03:58 PM
If you're going to repaint it, why would you go stock color?

I'd go something just a tad different at least
Posted By: m!key Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/30/06 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dukeofsho:
Approx. $123123434234.00 plus materials. LOL. Shoot, my car is still down being assembled .

yeah that is a little high, or the guy giving the quote was.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: YAY! might make it to SZ...Painted - 04/30/06 07:08 PM

Because the cost and work would go up because if you repaint it a different color and want to do it right, you would have to paint the door jambs, trunk, hood/underhood, etc.
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Because the cost and work would go up because if you repaint it a different color and want to do it right, you would have to paint the door jambs, trunk, hood/underhood, etc.

Yes hes right. Just open your hood and look at the engine compartment. Theres no way to do it "right" with out removing the engine and everything else. Plus as soon as you raise the car the whole underside is still the original color. Back in the day everything under the car and hood was a low gloss black..now its body color. To do a job like I'm doing will easly cost $5000.00. I spent damn near $1000.00 on paint and materials with my dicount! A gallon of PPG TR was close to $500.00. Now for the labor- Took me approx. 8 Hours to disassemble everything. Thats bagging and tagging everything removed. I took everything that could be removed off the body..all trim ect. Then it took close to 10 hours of wet sanding(before paint). Then it took 3 people 8 hours to set the car up and mask it off in the spary booth...ok, this was the first time 2 people ever masked off anything...cheap labor lol. Then to actually "spray the car" was another 5 hours...damn it takes along time in between coats- 2 coats of sealer, 2 coats of base coat (color), 3 coats of clear. Now, once I got it back home I had to wet sand each panel 2 times in different grits (you can skip this step but I do it for a really smooth finish). Then each panel is buffed 2 twice using 2 diffrent pads. Then you clean and assemble everything....I'm still doing that.

Thats why painting a car is so expensive. Plus, its just too hard to do as a "side job".
© CEG Archives