Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Frosty My new toy - 04/02/06 11:29 PM
With the help of Josh, I went yesterday and picked up my new toy. It's a 1998 Silver Frost CSVT I got a bunch of mods done to it this weekend including headers, OBX short-throw shifter, ST200's, Fog light mod, PIAA fog lamps (bright as hell ), Pre-98 sails, Slotted rotors and SS brake lines. The list goes on. It was quite dirty when i got it, but I cleaned it up a little and it helped it's appearance ALOT. It still is kinda dirty, but the weather hasn't been really decent, so I will have to finish cleaning her up when it gets nicer out. There will be pics soon, but the weather hasn't been the best and I don't have a digi cam decent enough, so Josh will hafta help me out on that one.

I would like to send a HUGE thank you to Josh for taking me and Mandy to get the car and also for helping me inspect it and clean her up a bit. Silver on Silver and Black on Black looks beautiful

I still cant stop smiling either...that car is a blast to drive
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
Silver on Silver and Black on Black looks beautiful

Yeah it does man, yeah it does

We did a lot of modding this weekend

Now that mine is on the road we can have a mod meet every weekend instead of the usual "put josh's car back together" meet.
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 01:43 AM
Kyle, Congrats on the CSVT. Were did you find it? With a mentor like Josh, you'll have a sweet ride to be very proud of.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 03:20 AM
Don't start a post like this without PICS!
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 11:39 AM
Originally posted by pole120:

Now that mine is on the road we can have a mod meet every weekend instead of the usual "put josh's car back together" meet.

LMAO!! Yea, no kidding!!! I have learned quite a bit from helping Josh take his car apart and put it back together. Josh does know ALOT and I am sure i will be using him as a resource quite often I bought my car from Tony (thinkmoto) and it took me a little bit of searching to realize it was right in front of my face the whole time I found like 3 cars that had salvage titles and one that wasn't in good condition and i was about to give up when Josh reminded me that Tony's car was still for sale! Took 2 months, but i finally got her and i'm loving every minute of it!!!! Josh and I will have her cleaned up and in prime working order in no time I owe Josh a huge thanks again for taking me to pick it up and for helping me get her cleaned up and lookin good I wouldn't have done it without ya Sorry Hector...I will have pics up soon hopefully, so don't worry It needs a little bit of cleaning first. All i can say is that I CAN'T wait for the SVTOA events and the many meets and SZ this year!!!! It's gonna be a blast
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: My old azzache - 04/03/06 12:00 PM
Kyle good luck with the car. It was enjoyable to drive when I had the chance. Sorry about the lack there of cleaning That never has been a strong point of mine. You'll like the car even more once you get the suspension modded and a good cat back exhaust. Pulling out the solid AL roll resistor might help too Feel free to call me with any questions. I did teach Josh about everything I know on the suspension end of these cars. I still have a few more tricks up my sleeve So you guys did the fog light mod? Sweet you should be able to drive with just the piaas on alone I love them so much Someone needs to thank Slimshady for the hookups on those they are lifesaver in the fog!! Oh and make sure you get that oil/filter and trans fluid changed asap I forgot to tell you that. A brake/clutch fluid flush would be a very good thing too. That stuff is about 2 years old now. It might be your car now but I gave it life again!!!
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Sorry about the lack there of cleaning That never has been a strong point of mine. It might be your car now but I gave it life again!!!

Don't worry bout the lack of cleaning. I just have a high attention to detail and having a clean car is one of my pet peeves. I appreciate you givin it life again....it will live a prosperous one, that you can be sure of. I want to get all the little things fixed and then i will start saving my money for the suspension and exhaust and trans. I'm not sure in which order it will get done, but i hope to have exhaust on it by August. I am focusing more on getting it paid off first, which shouldn't be too hard. The paperwork box was like opening a treasure chest!! It had everything i had ever hoped would come along with a car of this magnitude and rarity. I plan to use alot of that stuff when i enter it in shows I plan on getting the fluids changed this coming weekend if not sooner. I need to get it registered and get plates on it first!!! The roll resistor is livable, but i think i will change it out anyways. Thanks for everything Tony
Posted By: imurdaddytoo sport Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 05:14 PM
now someone just has to mod a saturn so it can beat him
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 05:31 PM
Originally posted by imurdaddytoo sport:

buy me a saturn, and i'll mod it.....
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 06:18 PM

I KNEW someone was gonna say something Nice try, but it'll be a while before a saturn will beat this car. I have bigger fish to fry
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 06:44 PM

buy me a saturn, and i'll mod it.....

I just looked at a festiva...auto though I'm in the market for a beater I have a few sick twisted ideas for a few different cars. If I can find what i'm looking for watch out
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 07:35 PM
You guys and your no picture posts.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

I just looked at a festiva...auto though I'm in the market for a beater I have a few sick twisted ideas for a few different cars. If I can find what i'm looking for watch out

I'm looking for a 5 spd festiva as well....
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: My new toy - 04/03/06 10:42 PM

I've modded quite a few saturns,

As a matter of fact WI is home to a couple of them putting out more than 325hp to the wheels!!
Posted By: MLuko Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 01:06 AM
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:

I've modded quite a few saturns,

As a matter of fact WI is home to a couple of them putting out more than 325hp to the wheels!!

there was one in Madtown last year..
Posted By: m!key Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 01:21 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome man! pics asap
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 03:22 AM
Originally posted by m!key:

You've never seen a silver frost SVT Before?????????
Go out to your garage much?
Posted By: m!key Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 03:24 AM
i dont have a silver svt.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 11:52 AM
Originally posted by m!key:

It's beautiful...believe me.

The plan is to take some pics this weekend of both cars so we'll get something here to show soon.
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 04:47 PM
It's beautiful...believe me.
The plan is to take some pics this weekend of both cars so we'll get something here to show soon.

Yep, I have some major work to do this week (fluid changes, cleaning, etc...) and we will have a sweet photoshoot this weekend.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 05:29 PM
Yep, I have some major work to do this week (fluid changes, cleaning, etc...)

If you need\want a hand, you know who to call
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 05:53 PM
Be careful with that OBX shifter. Had mine in for about 2 weeks and SNAP!! But maybe Tony welded the lower ball at one point. Just giving the headsup! Enjoy the car!

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Be careful with that OBX shifter. Had mine in for about 2 weeks and SNAP!! But maybe Tony welded the lower ball at one point. Just giving the headsup! Enjoy the car!

Mark

He welded it long ago....
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: My new toy - 04/04/06 09:29 PM

Not you....where's Kevin?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 01:51 AM
I thought he was always in front of you?????

Look down....
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 11:11 AM
Congrats!!! sooooo when we having a meet?
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 12:00 PM

Ghostbusters??

J/K...I will probably ask for your assistance with the tranny fluid and clutch/brake fluid. I might just get a coolant flush kit too because the SE needs one i think

Y2KSVT- Thanks for the heads up! Tony said he welded it up so we'll see what happens...otherwise HELLO STEEDA SHORT THROW!!

We will get a meet together very soon, hopefully b4 Spring Zing.
Posted By: jtour Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Don't start a post like this without PICS!

Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 04:17 PM
We will get a meet together very soon, hopefully b4 Spring Zing.

Hopefully soon as I've got some Elky Mesh to install

BTW -- wanna swap hoods? I'm not too fond of the custom hood on my car, its just not the look I'm goin for.. I already have a new fiberglass one in the garage but I'd rather give someone else the opportunity to to enjoy the one the car came with if they want to swap me w/their stockie

The past owner had a shop mold in a Mustang GT hood scoop... it looks authentic and the workmanship is good.. has a few chips and the corners are slightly bent as someone liked it enough where they wanted to attempt to steal it..

let me know if your interested and I will send you pics although there are pictures of it in my signature if you click the link.
Posted By: Frosty Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 05:02 PM
PM sent.

Elky mesh will look awesome on your car I just wouldn't let Mark help you J/K Mark We need to get some meets together soon so we can all show off
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 06:51 PM
yah I know.. we ran into Mark at the local McDonalds and he showed me his and pointed out all the mistakes he made LOL

Posted By: MLuko Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 06:57 PM
I learned from them.. but i can tell you what to do and how much to leave on the grill.. I want another grill peice to try again

i can just about do it with my eyes closed.. except for the fact that i screwed up 2 times now..
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: My new toy - 04/05/06 08:07 PM
© CEG Archives