Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BigBalledOX Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/17/06 06:16 AM
Although I am substantially more active on the Cougar forums, I figured I would go ahead and throw a plug for these guys up over here.

I purchased a 3L Hybrid Cougar in July of this year. The previous owner had never finalized tuning the car and had been dealing with ADC with pretty much no success.

I contacted Logan Motorsports in September. Life prevented me from getting to them until late December of last year, but when I did, the difference in the car was night and day.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to contact me. Otherwise, you can contact them directly through www.loganmotorsports.com. DeWayne and Keith have taken a great deal of interest in the Cougar forum and have even offered to host a meet on-site once the weather gets warmer so we can get our cars up on the dyno and get some pulls in. I'm sure they would have a similar interest in CEG, especially if someone took the initiative to contact them.
Posted By: jtour Re: Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/17/06 01:28 PM
Sweet! Looks like a great place. Mmmmmmmmm perfect to get my 5.0 stang tuned up at!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/17/06 06:14 PM
Great! More CDW platform companies in the G. Lakes region.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/17/06 10:20 PM
bigballed isnt the only 3L he's tuned, he also did another one of our NECO guys last week [with the same success].

that would be very cool if we could do an onsite meet.
Originally posted by BigBalledOX:

I purchased a 3L Hybrid Cougar in July of this year. The previous owner had never finalized tuning the car and had been dealing with ADC with pretty much no success.

I will def not get my tune from them now!
Posted By: jtour Re: Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/17/06 11:16 PM
Originally posted by bensenvill:

that would be very cool if we could do an onsite meet.

That would be cool to have people meet up there. We should try to set that up!
Posted By: 04marauder Re: Logan Motorsports in South Elgin, IL - 01/18/06 03:10 PM
This would be very . Count me in for a meet. Especially if someone were to get a 3L tune. I'll be needing one too eventually.
Posted By: Tisby Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/18/06 04:59 PM
What am I doing wrong here?
Posted By: BigBalledOX Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/18/06 05:07 PM
There's a time limit on how long I can go back and edit? That sucks. I see the problem though. The period at the end of the sentence got included in the link. Just go www.loganmotorsports.com and you should have no problem with it.

Also, I've seen the other threads regarding folks who are not thrilled with ADC. This is not a thread to rip on them. The previous owner of the car just lost interest in it and got tired of going through the mail repeatedly with them. He also had issues with the O2 sensors needing replaced, which he never did. So, don't take this as being an anti-ADC thread.

I still believe there is no substitute for a good, on-site dyno tune though.

I will forward this thread to them via email, they have already joined the Cougar forums and I'm sure they would be happy to join up over here as well.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/18/06 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BigBalledOX:
I see the problem though. The period at the end of the sentence got included in the link. Just go www.loganmotorsports.com and you should have no problem with it.

To self:
Posted By: jaged Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/20/06 03:41 AM
the guys there are really good to work with. The 3L runs great. Its a bit rich still but not a lot. 196 ft lbs and 186 hp
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/20/06 05:50 PM
I think these guys used to be out of streamwood.

They weren't always in S.E.

You should see thier dyno too...

Cool looking portable one.
I'm sure they will be at the drag expo that's going on at pheasent run this next weekend.

Posted By: Logan Motorsports Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/23/06 08:24 PM
We used to be out of Elgin, on Sundown by the emissions place. We didn't make the drag expo this year, mostly because we went last year with our dyno and everything but got almost no response. Suprisingly the drag racing crowd isn't very interested in fuel injection tuning or chassis dynos.
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/23/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan Motorsports:
We used to be out of Elgin, on Sundown by the emissions place. We didn't make the drag expo this year, mostly because we went last year with our dyno and everything but got almost no response. Suprisingly the drag racing crowd isn't very interested in fuel injection tuning or chassis dynos.

Welcome to CEG.

Posted By: Logan Motorsports Re: Logan Motorsports - website? - 01/24/06 02:33 AM
Thanks!
© CEG Archives