Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jtour WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 03:44 AM
I tip my hat to the south siders. Killer team. I hope they do well next year!

WS2005!

Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 04:02 AM
SOX WIN IT! SOX WIN IT!
Posted By: Logan00 Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 04:03 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 07:44 AM
i watched the game with my family. we have been waiting for this for years. it hasnt hit me yet because i havent cried. GO GO SOX! we will be at midway tomorrow to welcome them home from houston at 4 pm.
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 12:07 PM
Simply amazing!

I still can not believe it! Its so nice to have a champ in Chicago!

Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 01:01 PM
I went to Toronto 1993 to see the Sox play and it was a sad trip at that. This is much better. I just wish I could have been with my fam and friends; and also be in Chicago to see and hear the celibration in the city. I remember watching the Bulls all six years and it was amazing, every year they won you could hear all the fans cheering with every basket.
Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 03:40 PM
last night was the greatest moment in chicago sports history. period.
Originally posted by mikey boy:

I thought chasing after Bartman was the greatest moment or all those Bulls championships
Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 03:55 PM
basketball? are you comparing basketball to baseball? rinsdorf even said that he would trade all of the bulls championships for one by the white sox.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 04:10 PM
basketball? are you comparing basketball to baseball? rinsdorf even said that he would trade all of the bulls championships for one by the white sox.

the six Bulls titles are very special and so is this i wouldnt take anything away from either i think its been a while for the Bulls so you all forget how special that was .

And for the sox this is redemtion for past sins and equally special and will change the way people look at the Sox from now on i think. Now the north siders can keep there yuppy holes shut until they put up!
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Logan00:

the six Bulls titles are very special and so is this i wouldnt take anything away from either i think its been a while for the Bulls so you all forget how special that was .

And for the sox this is redemtion for past sins and equally special and will change the way people look at the Sox from now on i think. Now the north siders can keep there yuppy holes shut until they put up!

Well let's see, last year the Red Sox got it and they won in 1918, this year the White Sox, that was 1917, and the Cubs last won in 1908 so that means they should win in 2014 if my math is correct.
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:

Well let's see, last year the Red Sox got it and they won in 1918, this year the White Sox, that was 1917, and the Cubs last won in 1908 so that means they should win in 2014 if my math is correct.

Whoo Hoo GO CUBBIES....at least Amber will watch the game!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/27/05 10:26 PM
This is starting to sound like a joke I received today.

Subject: FW: Chicago sport fans------

Five Chicago sports fans were climbing a mountain one day.
Each was a fan of a different Chicago team and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans to their team.

As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all. They continued to argue all the way up the mountain, and finally as they reached the top, the Blackhawk's fan hurled himself off the mountain,
shouting, "This is for the Hawks!!!" as he fell to his doom.

Not wanting to be outdone, the Bulls fan threw himself off the mountain, proclaiming, "This is for the greatest team of the 90's!!!"

Seeing this, the Bears fan walked over and shouted, "This is for DA COACH!!!", and leapt to his death.

The two remaining fans just looked at each other in stunned
silence.

After a minute, the Sox Fan shouted, "This is for everyone on the South Side!!!" and pushed the Cub fan off of the mountain.
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 12:16 AM

I dont know about that! All Chicago Championships are special in there own way. You ask a Basketball fan and they will say the Bulls run was the best!

Or if you ask a football fan they will say the bears title was the best.

Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 01:13 AM
sorry, but baseball is the biggest and the most difficult championship to win. this takes the cake.
Posted By: Logan00 Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 04:09 AM
Originally posted by jtour:

I dont know about that! All Chicago Championships are special in there own way. You ask a Basketball fan and they will say the Bulls run was the best!

football 16 games get the [censored] outa here with that hahaha
the greatest moment in chicago sports history.

I'm torn on this one. I thought nothing would ever top the Bears Super Bowl. They were maybe the best football team in history. Then the Bulls six time champs. Maybe the best basketball team in history with probably the best player in history. Even when the Bulls beat Isiah's Pistons for the Conference, to me ranked up there as one of the best Chicago moments. And now the Sox? Are you kidding me? Sweep of Boston. Konerko slam. Dominate Angels and Houston. This World Series just may well be the greatest Chicago moment but I still can't pick a single one. This is probably just too subjective a question to come up with one right answer.
Posted By: Davo Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 02:43 PM
Has anyone noticed that the last three Chicago sports champions are considered among the all-time best teams? The 85 Bears are mentioned as one of, if not the, greatest NFL teams (sorry Mike - I know your Fins compete for that title). The 96 Bulls are almost unanimously considered the best NBA team ever. And now the 2005 Sox have been mentioned with the greatest teams ever. Other cities may have one team considered among the all-time greats, but no city has more than one (Chicago has three!!!!).

It's definitely my proudest moment as a sports fan.
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Davo:
Has anyone noticed that the last three Chicago sports champions are considered among the all-time best teams? The 85 Bears are mentioned as one of, if not the, greatest NFL teams (sorry Mike - I know your Fins compete for that title). The 96 Bulls are almost unanimously considered the best NBA team ever. And now the 2005 Sox have been mentioned with the greatest teams ever. Other cities may have one team considered among the all-time greats, but no city has more than one (Chicago has three!!!!).

It's definitely my proudest moment as a sports fan.

So true!

Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 03:19 PM

Logan00-----------Can you read!!!! read nice and slow and you will see that I said respective sports fans will say there sports championship is the best! I NEVER said the bears where the best! R-E-A-D carefully!

In fact all Chicago Championships are the best!

Posted By: Logan00 Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 04:03 PM

Logan00-----------Can you read!!!! read nice and slow and you will see that I said respective sports fans will say there sports championship is the best! I NEVER said the bears where the best! R-E-A-D carefully!

my comment was a general one not directed at YOU , don't be so damn touchy..... as in football is the shortest of all sport seasons. jezz
Hey, I just got in from watching White Sox parade and the busses pass by in front of work. And all I can say is that it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life. For about two blocks I got to walk with the bus just below where PK, Daley and Hawk were standing and Oz just across the way. The whole time just screaming like a fool. Now I will say that this is the greatest Chicago sports moment ever.
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 06:09 PM

my comment was a general one not directed at YOU , don't be so damn touchy..... as in football is the shortest of all sport seasons. jezz

Longan00

I apologize I didnt mean to be an @$$

my bad

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/28/05 07:16 PM
Will someone PLEASE arrange a photo op with Jordan, Ditka and Ozzie all lighting cigars together? I gotta start my Christmas shopping.
Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/29/05 04:27 AM
i was at the rally today front and center on lasalle. what a trip! there had to be a million people in the streets. it was crazy. wait till you guys see some of the pics i took. i just got home from downtown.
What a sweep!!!!! Crazy stuff those SOX!!!!
Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/30/05 02:35 AM
"the measure of an events importance comes from the generation after the events occurance."
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 10/30/05 09:17 PM
The parade rocked!!!!!!!!!!

So much fun!

Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 11/15/05 01:32 AM
is anyone going to daily plaza to bid on a world series championship banner? man i would love one of those.
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 11/15/05 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
is anyone going to daily plaza to bid on a world series championship banner? man i would love one of those.

That would be cool. But they are going to be crazy expensive!!!!

Posted By: m!key Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 11/15/05 10:35 PM
has there been an estimate of how much they are going to go for?
Posted By: jtour Re: WHITE SOX! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!! 2005 - 11/16/05 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
has there been an estimate of how much they are going to go for?

No I havent heard anything yet.Maybe Im wrong and they wont be that much and you can get one.

© CEG Archives