Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: NVMYSVT Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/02/05 05:24 PM
DropFest 2005

Is anyone going this weekend? I was there last year and there were 900-1000 cars in attendance.. its definately a worthwhile show to attend if you can..

I'll be there showin the Cougar.. unfortunately the interior is still a mess but the outside should be done..

I'd like to meet some of ya sometime.. I keep seeing a Red SVT Contour on the beltline in Madison with bags and some huge chrome rims, can never see in the windows but the car looks sick as hell!

..Chris
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/03/05 12:20 AM
Originally posted by NVMYCAT:
I keep seeing a Red SVT Contour on the beltline in Madison with bags and some huge chrome rims, can never see in the windows but the car looks sick as hell!

..Chris

i drive a Red SVT on the beltline every day.. from fish hatch all the way to highway AB.. from about 1:30-2 then 5:00-6.. when and where do you see this guy?

i went to slamfest last year in Sunpairie.. that was a fun time
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/03/05 02:25 PM
I showed my car in primer at Slamfest last year and took home 2nd place domestic -- my car was 1/2 red and 1/2 white primer and a huge sub enclosure in the hatch.. that show was a disspointment - alot of people just up and walked.

I work at 7am and see this guy a few times a week.. not sure if its a real SVT but its got the skirts and whatnot and what appears to be 19 inch rims or larger and slammed hardcore.. He always turns left onto Gammon and I turn right..

I have a crappy beater car I drive daily - I think I only saw him once in the Coug and that was when I was rockin primer before it got repainted.
Posted By: LCraze777 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/03/05 05:37 PM
really wanted to go to this but things came up. was at Indy Lowrider this year and a guy approached me and my car club with fliers and as he was handing them out he said "this is the next ITB, you gotta come", wanted to get up there to see what all the hoopla was about, anyone that is bold enough to call themselves the next ITB or NOPI better have thier crap together. let us know how it was.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/03/05 08:28 PM
ITB? In the butt?
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/04/05 04:01 AM
OH NO [censored]!! Your in cottage GROVE! dude. we are like at most 5 min away from each other.. i'd like to see your cat sometime.. you've probably seen my car runnin around CG sometimes..
Posted By: Frosty Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/04/05 08:22 PM
Her cougar is HAWT x10000000000. Very nice car...and most of the work was done by her. I give her mad props
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/04/05 08:38 PM
I remember seeing Crispys car up at Chris's parents house back in the day. I remember it well becuase I was like hey nice car...oh wait a tick automatic Still a nice car though
Posted By: LCraze777 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/06/05 05:37 PM
Originally posted by todras:
ITB? In the butt?

haha, good one, but we have heard that alot. actually it stands for IndyTruckBash.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/07/05 04:36 PM
Dropfest was pretty awesome.. definately a larger turn out than last year but the rain sucked serious a55.. I'm so damned sunburned though... argh.

I've been wanting to check out one of your meets sometime so yes, please keep me in the loop..

As far as the Cottage Grove comment I live right offa Hwy N on Sunset Drive, right now the car is parked outside because the garage has several fiberglass projects goin on so drive by if ya want.. Car goes back to the shop later this week again for a small silver pinstripe and a small CF spoiler which should tie things in alot better.. see below - all the body work was done by myself and a buddy.. the car used to be red if anyone remembers it before.

I purchased an MTX donor Cougar for the tranny and obtained a 2002 Mazda Tribute 3L which are both currently awaiting to be swapped into my Coug soon...

I hear Indy Truck Bash is amazing as well.. I think thats in August?
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/08/05 01:40 AM
I know where you live if you need any help with the swap(s) i'll be glad to help out
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/08/05 02:38 AM
excellent.. I will take you up on that offer.. thanks!!!
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/08/05 05:26 PM
i drove by today.. the cat was outside.. damn... the thing looks better in person
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/08/05 06:50 PM
thanks.. unfortunately its super dirty though so I hope you didn't get too close

keep where I live in your memory so you'll know where your goin the next time I have a mod meet..
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/08/05 10:45 PM
thanks.. unfortunately its super dirty though so I hope you didn't get too close

keep where I live in your memory so you'll know where your goin the next time I have a mod meet..

alright i might drive by on my scooter again.. but from where i was on the road, it didnt seem too dirty
Posted By: LCraze777 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/09/05 03:19 PM
Dropfest was pretty awesome.. definately a larger turn out than last year but the rain sucked serious a55.. I'm so damned sunburned though... argh.

I've been wanting to check out one of your meets sometime so yes, please keep me in the loop..

As far as the Cottage Grove comment I live right offa Hwy N on Sunset Drive, right now the car is parked outside because the garage has several fiberglass projects goin on so drive by if ya want.. Car goes back to the shop later this week again for a small silver pinstripe and a small CF spoiler which should tie things in alot better.. see below - all the body work was done by myself and a buddy.. the car used to be red if anyone remembers it before.

I purchased an MTX donor Cougar for the tranny and obtained a 2002 Mazda Tribute 3L which are both currently awaiting to be swapped into my Coug soon...

I hear Indy Truck Bash is amazing as well.. I think thats in August?

First off, nice car. Hopefully you can bring it to Truck Bash. And yes, it is in August, the weekend of 19-21. Hope to see you there.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/09/05 03:55 PM
thanks for the kind comments.. its appreciated..

Prime Media's TBAD (Tuner Bash After Dark) is Aug 20th at the McCormick Center in Chicago.. I'm already registered and promised the VP of PrimeMedia that I would attend..

ya think there is a way I can do both? isn't it only a few hours from Chicago to Indy if I left right after? Would they allow me to enter if I arrived on the 21st? or came on the 19th and left again to make the show then came back?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/10/05 01:28 PM

Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/10/05 06:17 PM
surprised that no one has stated that I need to paint or powdercoat the rims -- hopefully the silver pinstripe will tie the rims in better...

I think the design has been discontinued by Axis so I'm hestitant in getting them powdercoated or painted
Posted By: LCraze777 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/14/05 02:29 PM
thanks for the kind comments.. its appreciated..

Prime Media's TBAD (Tuner Bash After Dark) is Aug 20th at the McCormick Center in Chicago.. I'm already registered and promised the VP of PrimeMedia that I would attend..

ya think there is a way I can do both? isn't it only a few hours from Chicago to Indy if I left right after? Would they allow me to enter if I arrived on the 21st? or came on the 19th and left again to make the show then came back?

You can do both, you can come friday the 19th and have a pass for all three days, but you are not required to come back, but I highly recommend that you get judged friday because we will not be judging on sunday, that day is reserved for us to do sort out the best of's and things like that. I personally would leave teh rims the way they are but I would slam it some, but thats me, you do what you feel you are comfortable with. Again, hope to see you there and in the judging lane as I will be judging you.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/14/05 02:44 PM
surprised that no one has stated that I need to paint or powdercoat the rims --

Why? They look great.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/14/05 07:18 PM
I've been hearing that the rims are too much silver and to tie everything in better I should paint or powdercoat the rims.. The shop keeps talking me outta it so I think the next option is to see if I can score some freebies or something..

Slam it? I can't with my flares and the spacers.. I have to figure out at the moment where my safety line is at.. cracking anything will be a HUGE repair bill with the Lambo tricoat.. I have coilovers and koni's.. I drive it with the front all the way up and the back about 1/2 way down which is what the picture shows.. the front is about 3 inches off the ground and a pain.. alot of times I think the eye is tricked with my paint scheme and the dark color around the rubber making you think the car is jacked up alot.. take a look at the picture below around the wheel wells.. I didn't adjust anything.. the car is low as crap in person.. any lower and I'll crack each flare. BTW -- my car is IN FRONT of this black car..

Posted By: m!key Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/14/05 10:21 PM
hey i think i saw your car on a flatbed a few weeks ago heading west on rich road in sycamore/dekalb IL. it was that same orange. nice ride.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/14/05 11:48 PM
better not have been my car... its at The Speed Shop in Loves Park, IL since last Thursday -- I drove it there and will drive it back home when they are done with it..
Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/15/05 01:28 AM
better not have been my car... its at The Speed Shop in Loves Park, IL since last Thursday -- I drove it there and will drive it back home when they are done with it..

so does this mean that i can stop over and meet you and drool over the car
Posted By: m!key Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/15/05 01:48 AM
better not have been my car...

where in loves park is it? i am in rockford. if it wasnt your car then there is another orange cat running around that looks a lot like yours. do you know anyone from dekalb/syc with a hopped up cougar?
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/15/05 12:11 PM
not sure who's cat you saw was it all orange? it's pretty hard to miss mine because of the 2-tone scheme and the orange is super bright.. it's totally void of any brown or copper which most people opt for.. I know there is a copperish Coug with black wheels in the STL area that drives down to IL occasionally and was at HIN/Chicago this last week.

The car is currently at "The Speed Shop" 5119 Torque Drive - Loves Park, Il 61111 -- its easy to find because its the road right after the Racetrack.. The guys there rock!

Your comments probably have me either checking in or drivin out there tonight to check progress though... HAHHA - that better not have been my car on a flatbed.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/15/05 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

when ya wanna hang? you good with makin templates and cuttin wood? I gotta start glassing the interior when I get it back -- I can glass like a fool but its the wood framing/measuring/cutting and mocking that I suck at.
Posted By: LCraze777 Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/15/05 12:51 PM
I've been hearing that the rims are too much silver and to tie everything in better I should paint or powdercoat the rims.. The shop keeps talking me outta it so I think the next option is to see if I can score some freebies or something..

Slam it? I can't with my flares and the spacers.. I have to figure out at the moment where my safety line is at.. cracking anything will be a HUGE repair bill with the Lambo tricoat.. I have coilovers and koni's.. I drive it with the front all the way up and the back about 1/2 way down which is what the picture shows.. the front is about 3 inches off the ground and a pain.. alot of times I think the eye is tricked with my paint scheme and the dark color around the rubber making you think the car is jacked up alot.. take a look at the picture below around the wheel wells.. I didn't adjust anything.. the car is low as crap in person.. any lower and I'll crack each flare. BTW -- my car is IN FRONT of this black car..

car looks better in that pic. i thought it was shadows playing with my eyes but wasnt sure. and a sidenote, the truck that is infront of you with its door open, nooooooo, havent seen that one anywhere! *ends sarcasm about truck* again, hope to see you at ITB and good luck with the glassing, my Integra is under the same knife.

Posted By: MLuko Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/16/05 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

when ya wanna hang? you good with makin templates and cuttin wood? I gotta start glassing the interior when I get it back -- I can glass like a fool but its the wood framing/measuring/cutting and mocking that I suck at.

i'm kinda good at it, i got some friends that are really good at doin it, I'll tell them to come along so they can help out too
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Dropfest... Anyone Going? - 06/16/05 12:37 PM
sweet... you rule! I'll let you know when the car comes back again.. I called the shop and they said that they haven't touched it yet.. argh!
© CEG Archives