Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 i quit - 02/02/04 02:25 AM
i think i am done here for a while.

later.
Posted By: SpeakerBoxxx Re: i quit - 02/02/04 02:39 AM
why??
Posted By: Nate S Re: i quit - 02/02/04 02:52 AM
confused...please explain whats bugging you?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: i quit - 02/02/04 03:06 AM
Just a guess here, but maybe have to do with the fact that kids like the one below can't have "fun" in Common Interests and have to act like they are 10 years old.
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
you are comparing apples to oranges jackass.

Like I said, just a guess. No worries, Dave. Ignore the assclowns.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 03:18 AM
need to work more at work and spend more time with christie while at home.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: i quit - 02/02/04 03:39 AM
u were going for the Panthers huh...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: i quit - 02/02/04 03:40 AM
Need to work more at work You sound crazy.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 04:13 AM
Originally posted by dnewma04:
need to work more at work and spend more time with christie while at home.

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your life and your wife. I hope you will be back if I ever decide to upgrade my speakers since I always enjoyed your insite into to everything audio or not (the real reason to read the audio forum is to see you and honkeytonk talking crazy as you do best (as well as giving good advice))
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 07:20 AM
Dave.

You are an amazing person, remember that. And I think you are doing the right thing here.

Thanks so much for all the help, time and hours you have put towards me and my humble contour. What you does really says a lot as a person and a friend.

Keep it real and I will talk to you soon, online or whatever.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Reverend DBZ Jr Re: i quit - 02/02/04 09:07 AM
Dave... it's very understandable.. hopefully the knowledge you have spread throughout CEG, and everywhere else will be continue to help others.. i know you've helped me a great deal. Good luck, and hope to see you around again, soon.

Ren
Posted By: cthomp21 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 01:40 PM
Dave, sad to see you go. But, family is the most important thing. Thanks for your countless hours of service which have helped out so many people, myself included.

-Colin
Posted By: contour_phoenix_when_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 04:19 PM
hey dave get blackberry mobile and get yourself a head set with voice to words to print program and go about your day while responding to CEGers' responses.
Posted By: APT_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/02/04 07:50 PM
Dave, you put in a lot of time on forums and have helped me a great deal. There are many other improtant parts of your life to enjoy.

Aaron
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: i quit - 02/02/04 08:31 PM
Maybe now you'll have time to build a damn box for your PB15 you asshat!

Don't come back either I call dibs on moderator
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 02/02/04 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
Maybe now you'll have time to build a damn box for your PB15 you asshat!

Don't come back either I call dibs on moderator

i thought you were the asshat?
Posted By: Reverend DBZ Jr Re: i quit - 02/02/04 11:00 PM
I think they're switching jobs
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 03:41 AM
Please don't let Luke be the audio mod. Please.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 03:47 AM
Originally posted by G r y m e s:

It certainly would be interesting I'd like to see it just for the entertainment value.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 03:54 AM
Originally posted by hetfield:

It certainly would be interesting I'd like to see it just for the entertainment value.

I second that!
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 04:25 AM

I agree. I think he would also be a fine mod, I just don't think he is worthy of such a title.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: i quit - 02/03/04 04:30 AM
I don't half even a quarter the knowledge some of the other members here have. I don't think I'd make that great of a choice. Also, I would have to ban anyone I disagree with because I'm an asshat. MxRacerCam would be first because his screen name sucks and he smeels like crap
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 02/03/04 04:40 AM
better?

Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 05:56 AM
I really dont think so. Honkey's name sucks a nut just as much.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 02:53 PM
I really dont think so. Honkey's name sucks a nut just as much.

PLEASE DON'T GIVE HIM SUPERPOWERS!!!!!
Look at the mischief he causes without them. Can you imagine....
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/03/04 09:48 PM
MWHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: i quit - 02/03/04 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Just a guess here, but maybe have to do with the fact that kids like the one below can't have "fun" in Common Interests and have to act like they are 10 years old.
you are comparing apples to oranges jackass.

Like I said, just a guess. No worries, Dave. Ignore the assclowns.

yeah ignore the assclowms
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: i quit - 02/03/04 10:38 PM

Ok, ignored!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: i quit - 02/04/04 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

Ok, ignored!

Ditto
Posted By: JonGordo8 Re: i quit - 02/04/04 04:14 PM
dave....sorry to see you go. You have been so helpful to me and other members on this site. You truly will be missed. Thanks for all the help you have given me over the years.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/04/04 06:50 PM
we'll miss you dave thanks for the countless hours of help. Comeback soon.
Posted By: 2KSESportV6 Re: i quit - 02/04/04 08:45 PM
This thread should be locked
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/05/04 06:06 AM
By who? the mod left....lol....

Posted By: path914 Re: i quit - 02/05/04 06:11 AM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
By who? the mod left....lol....

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Good luck Dave, all your help was greatly appreciated
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/09/04 02:55 AM
Did Dave die? What did I miss?
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/10/04 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Did Dave die? What did I miss?

I think it's pretty safe to say that he was just tired of the ignorance floating around on this board. Just don't quote me on this.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: i quit - 02/10/04 09:35 PM
Do you want to know why Dave left? The reason isn't just because of CEG, as it's probably one of the better forums around for this stuff. Considering the supreme crap they stuffed in the contour, and how poorly put together the car was in the first place it's no wonder. Alot of the forums Dave frequents, like the Ranger forum, Chevytalk, Focaljet, etc... are full of people with too much money and absolutely no clue.

"What size are the front speakers in the tour" x eleventy billion... and that's just in one day... We were going to work on a sticky thread about possible speaker sizes, with links to bracket diagrams, and all that crap. But really why should we spend the hours doing that when nobody would look at that sticky topic first anyways? What happens is really good discussions get pushed off the forum within a couple days (usually on a weekend when all the people that have good input to the topic are on thier days off and doing something else) and are replaced with "Will these pioneer 5x7s work? How about these Alpine 5x7s?" Sure they are good questions, but if you would do a search, you will retrieve 4 billion pages of topics about 5x7s.

Start a serious thread about audio, and the topic is overwhelmed by idiots without a clue trying to make an argument even though they clearly have no idea. Usually when Dave corrects them, they refer to thier "buddy who works at an install shop" That gets old fast and it happens on a weekly basis.

Being told his information is recycled, which is true. Really if I read something written by an engineer about a product that he designs for a living, I just might try to remember that information. The thing is although it's recycled, he actually understands it, unlike most of the people arguing with him.

People ask for assistance selecting audio components for thier car. Dave spends a couple hours looing at stats and piecing the stuff together, putting up links, stats, etc...
The person then goes and buys the same overpriced crap everyone else does. Spends more, and gets less. Seriously, for less than $200 he talked me into a front stage that sounds better than anything I have ever heard. He also talked me into the Lambda PB15 which is also better sounding than anything I've heard in person. I think CEG is the only forum where people really take any of his advice, which wold explain CEG making up about 20% of Lambda's sales...

After spending all that time looking after another person's interests and leaving his suggestions keeping in mind budget, performance and tastes, there's always some idiot that pops on the forums and suggests something stupid. For instance, Dave may suggest a Brahma and a JBL 1200.1 for a good SPL/SQ setup. Minutes later someone else suggests a W7 and a JL 500/1. 90% of the time people will go with the W7 and JL amp because they are idiots.

Basically Dave left because he is tired of spending all his time helping complete idiots who don't accept his help anyways. He's just too polite to put it that way (really that's not a CEG problem though so don't get too upset) He probably figures he may as well be doing something else with his time.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/10/04 10:11 PM

After spending all that time looking after another person's interests and leaving his suggestions keeping in mind budget, performance and tastes, there's always some idiot that pops on the forums and suggests something stupid. For instance, Dave may suggest a Brahma and a JBL 1200.1 for a good SPL/SQ setup. Minutes later someone else suggests a W7 and a JL 500/1. 90% of the time people will go with the W7 and JL amp because they are idiots.

While I agree with just about everything you (or Dave) said, this one I disagree with. Not that it doesn't happen, because I know it does, rather I disagree that this would be a reason to give up and leave. This same exact thing is happening in both Duratec Performance and Duratec Maintenance, as well as other forums (many of which I don't frequent). Yes, its frustrating; I know as I've been involved with a couple debates where I just want to smack someone for being stupid. I've seen people come to CEG and immediately blast away at long-time members (some pre-website) who are ASE certified and/or have taken the time to tear apart their engine/tranny and truly know how these cars function. I don't understand how some people can challenge common wisdom even after having been slapped upside the head with hard facts and test data, but they do.

However, leaving and letting these people overtake the forums is not the solution. I say, if someone wants to ignore the advice of a knowledgable veteran and be an idiot, let them. Just laugh at them when they do something stupid later on. I'm one member here who took Dave's advice very seriously and I myself purchased a PB-12 based on his recommendation. It was the smartest decision I ever made regarding audio in my Contour. I'm incredibly sad to see him go, but if that's his final decision, then so be it. I hope that eventually, being away from CEG for a while will allow him to return and carry on his role as our audio guru. I would truly hate for Dave to be regarded in the same vein as TH.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 02/10/04 10:41 PM

Start a serious thread about audio, and the topic is overwhelmed by idiots without a clue trying to make an argument even though they clearly have no idea. Usually when Dave corrects them, they refer to thier "buddy who works at an install shop" That gets old fast and it happens on a weekly basis.

Basically Dave left because he is tired of spending all his time helping complete idiots who don't accept his help anyways. He's just too polite to put it that way (really that's not a CEG problem though so don't get too upset) He probably figures he may as well be doing something else with his time.

very well said. i agree totally.

it's bad enough that the anonymity of the internet allows some people to run their mouths in situations that they otherwise wouldn't, but it also seems respect goes out the window when you don't have to look someone in the eye. it's sad and frustrating. add to that the fact that you have to "prove" yourself and your level of expertise to every punk kid who thinks he knows everything, and it gets very old, very fast.

i think dave will be back. he was just spread a little too thin, and he got sick of it.
Posted By: path914 Re: i quit - 02/10/04 10:44 PM

I would truly hate for Dave to be regarded in the same vein as TH.

I don't think that will ever happen. I don't think a single person has any complaints about Dave. I sure as hell do not, and I hope Dave is able to take the time off and eventually come back when he feels like it.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/11/04 01:06 AM
Originally posted by path914:
I don't think that will ever happen. I don't think a single person has any complaints about Dave. I sure as hell do not, and I hope Dave is able to take the time off and eventually come back when he feels like it.

I agree. I hope no one thinks I was insinuating a direct correlation. I was merely pointing out another instance where a knowledgable veteran was turned off to CEG because of disagreements with other members.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/11/04 03:47 AM
i think his and other recommendations on here are representable of what the svt contour represents. a product that no one knows about that kicks @ss. without this audio forum, i would've never gotten kunkonceptz wiring and interconnects, stryke av12 sub, vifa drivers. underpriced products that run equally with the competition if not blow them away. this forum made me start to look at other brands that i before would've thought were junk. i've started to look at the underdogs. its easier in the wallet too.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: i quit - 02/11/04 04:23 AM
Originally posted by path914:

I would truly hate for Dave to be regarded in the same vein as TH.

If anyone can come up with a reason to complain about Dave, they'd have to look really hard for it. The only thing I can think of about Dave that annoys me in the least is that his giant freakish head sometimes blocks out the sun, resulting in a shift in weather patterns that will eventually cause another ice age... damn mellon headed fruitcake
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/11/04 06:21 AM

If anyone can come up with a reason to complain about Dave, they'd have to look really hard for it. The only thing I can think of about Dave that annoys me in the least is that his giant freakish head sometimes blocks out the sun, resulting in a shift in weather patterns that will eventually cause another ice age... damn mellon headed fruitcake

Dave cant wire a DVC sub if it fell on his big head.....

PS- COME BAAAAACCK.....lol
Posted By: jsujo Re: i quit - 02/19/04 01:25 AM
I don't half even a quarter the knowledge some of the other members here have. I don't think I'd make that great of a choice. Also, I would have to ban anyone I disagree with because I'm an asshat. MxRacerCam would be first because his screen name sucks and he smeels like crap

Yeah but absolutely NO ONE knows more about the effects of MILK and Lambdas...No one, I tell ya!!!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: i quit - 02/19/04 05:30 AM
I thought HTM was an expert on milk jug ballistics when compared to a dash panel? Own3d by physics.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 03/06/06 06:03 PM
god i'm glad this clown quit. next thing you know he'll be buying small children on the black market and flipping cars for no reason.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: i quit - 03/06/06 06:13 PM
Wow blast from the past!!!

To bad you don't quit!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 03/06/06 06:26 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Wow blast from the past!!!

To bad you don't quit!

there's about half a dozen of these threads on ceg that are started by you, so i'd shut it!
Posted By: jsujo Re: i quit - 03/06/06 09:25 PM
My first post in what seems to have been an eternity!!! At least I aint driving an Focus like someone I know...After the last Contour I had, I went Bronco baby!!!

SVT coming soon...if i could only find some McAmps to put in it...
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: i quit - 03/06/06 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jsujo:
My first post in what seems to have been an eternity!!! At least I aint driving an Focus like someone I know...After the last Contour I had, I went Bronco baby!!!

How about an Adcom?
Posted By: jsujo Re: i quit - 03/08/06 02:39 AM

How about an Adcom?

Adcom aint bad at all...!!
Posted By: muskamike Re: i quit - 03/08/06 07:50 AM
I wish I knew the people on CEG more, I dont really 'know' anyone.

I frequest all the sections every nigth though, throw in a post or two. I'm scared one day I'll login and everything will be gone!

Sorry to see anyone go.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: i quit - 03/08/06 01:17 PM

How about an Adcom?

Adcom aint bad at all...!!

I know where you can get a good deal on one.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: i quit - 03/08/06 02:41 PM
LOL!!!!!
Posted By: TGO Re: i quit - 03/12/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by dbzjr:
Dave... it's very understandable.. hopefully the knowledge you have spread throughout CEG, and everywhere else will be continue to help others.. i know you've helped me a great deal. Good luck, and hope to see you around again, soon.

Ren

what he said
Posted By: MxRacer Re: i quit - 03/12/06 06:16 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by dbzjr:

Ren

what he said

no doubt. i'll miss dave. i hope he enjoys his new life. it's amazing how different he looks since the operation.
© CEG Archives