Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZooYork03 fuse location urgent - 03/28/03 03:03 PM
Hey i removed my aftermarket deck put the factory amp and deck back in powers up but no sound.

I poped at least one fuse cause my power doors dont work, is there an amp fuse as well?

What locations are my amp (if any)
and my power locks!

i need to know before i leave so anyone please

thanks a ton in advance
John
Posted By: lardy Re: fuse location urgent - 03/28/03 04:13 PM
Hmmm have you tried checking the fuses under the hood in the fuse box?

The factory amp is located behind the glove box. If you open it up there should be a silver amp with heatsinks mounted to the firewall, a little to the right of center of the glovebox. I don't believe the amp has a fuse on it. Again it's probably fused at the fuse box under the hood.

L.
Posted By: auiotour Re: fuse location urgent - 03/28/03 04:35 PM
On my stereo I have a fuse on the wire going to my amplified, the fuse inside my amplifier, one on the back of my stereo and then the one under the steering wheel. Might want to check all of those locations. But to me it sounds like you have a premium audio sound system. In which you case you need to bypass it or get the wiring harness to run through it. its very easy to bypass it without the harness though. I did mine in about 5 minutes with the harness and did another car in about 10 without the harness. Look behind your glove box for the amplifier, 99% chance that is what it is.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: fuse location urgent - 03/28/03 04:36 PM
Quad post .
© CEG Archives