Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: R_G Amateur question about Kicker KX650.4 - 07/26/06 01:01 AM
The amp powers 6 speakers; the sound used to be OK. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing the weak sound in the front; checked the fader - the settings are normal. I tried to adjust the "Gain" control on the amp - everything is perfect but there's this terrible whining noise - not exactly the alt whining 'cause I tried to increase the RPMs - no effect on whining. When I put the gain on zero again - the noise is gone but the sound is sucky, it feels that the sound is coming from the rear of the car only.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted By: Rayn Re: Amateur question about Kicker KX650.4 - 07/26/06 03:02 AM
Make sure your wires are still good from the rear of the deck going to the speakers. I had an install and the guy said I would need a rewiring soon. I was having a similar problem where only some of the speakers played at full level and the others were low and distorted.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Amateur question about Kicker KX650.4 - 07/26/06 04:04 AM
Hows the sub box treatin ya Rayn?
Posted By: R_G Re: Amateur question about Kicker KX650.4 - 07/26/06 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Rayn:
Make sure your wires are still good from the rear of the deck going to the speakers.

Well, I just replaced the HU, then back of the deck is OK, but of course I never checked the wires all the way.

Even so, why with "Gain" on the sound is perfect but there's this whining noise?
© CEG Archives