Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/21/06 04:47 AM
I just got a new deck and I'm not getting any sound at all from the left speakers. I have checked the settings in the deck but its not that.

I guessing its a wiring thing, but I though it weird I would mess up both the left speakers?

Help?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/21/06 01:19 PM
Some HU will go into protection mode and shut down when something is not right. I wonder if only one side of the amp would or could shut down because of an issue?
Posted By: NJSVT576 Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/24/06 01:44 AM
I am having the same problem! I have a pioneer HU. Do you still have the factory amplifier powering the speakers? If anyone coould help with this that would be great.
mike
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/24/06 02:29 AM
mine does this sometimes, i have to shut the car off then turn it back on and then its fine, wtf?

all the wires are fine and i don't have a factory amp.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/24/06 07:15 AM
Occasionally my front driver speaker doesn't produce sound when I first get into the car. I turn up the volume, it works. Also, my rear passenger speaker cuts out sometimes.

I thinks its a fluke with the cars wiring.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/24/06 03:57 PM
I don't have the factory amp, I have the bypass harness installed.

Either way I fixed the problem. The pins going from the aftermarket harness (the black square plug) were not lining up with the factory hookup in the dash.

You can see if you have the same problem by pulling the pins out of the aftermarket square connector and place them in the correct location in the factory connection. If the speakers now work, then the pins simply need to be bent to line up with the factory connection.
Posted By: CSVT Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/24/06 11:30 PM
I have the exact same problem with my '98 SVT Contour. Left speakers don't work ever since I got it. It has a Sony CD player, everything else is stock.
Posted By: TGO Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/25/06 06:08 AM
i used to have the same problem with my stock HU. It went away when i ripped it and the stock amp out. I dunno which one was the problem though.
Posted By: tedBalog Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/29/06 05:51 AM
I have an issue along the same lines as this. I have an Alpine HU, and the left/front speaker does not push as much sound as the rest.
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/29/06 01:26 PM
I have the same problem with my car, hmm wonder what it is.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 06/29/06 07:00 PM
Originally posted by CSVT:
I have the exact same problem with my '98 SVT Contour. Left speakers don't work ever since I got it. It has a Sony CD player, everything else is stock.

I had a Sony that was in my 98 SVT when I bought it and only the driver's side front speaker would work, and occationally the back passenger one would work. I took that head unit out and put in my Pioneer Premier unit and installed my Eclipse speakers and it all works fine now. (Knock on wood )
Posted By: intOx Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 07/02/06 03:23 AM
im not going to lie...but i think the contour is a POS of a beast. my car does the same, my rear left passenger speaker doesn't work after bypassing the stupid factory amp. oh and now one of my subs doesnt work for some reason but that's not the contour's fault it's probably mine or the sub's lol...
Posted By: bradSVT Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 07/02/06 08:57 PM
The right side speakers of my car dont work. All aftermarket, seem to short out. I think it has to be the connection in the HU because when I pull it out I can get it to work again, or it just comes back on when I am least expecting it.
Posted By: tedBalog Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 07/21/06 01:26 PM
I have the same sort of issue. Last night I was installing subs, needed the remote wire for the amp, disconnected it from the harness, and all I had were subs. I'm sure the problem with certian channels not working is because you have a head unit pushing sound through that is already amped, into another amp.

If anyone knows an easy was to bypass the factory amp, lemme know.

-Ted
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 07/22/06 02:12 PM
Read FAQ BEFORE asking a question. link for a noob
Posted By: tedBalog Re: No sound from Left speakers?? - 07/23/06 09:30 PM
Did you read the link about bypassing the amp BEFORE you came and posted that?

All the pictures that go along with the guide, which is completley useless without them, are missing. So how about you stop being a dick about thing, and just give me an answer.

I have a wiring harness at the moment, but everywhere I go for the bypass harness, there aren't any pictures to see if I have the correct connectors. I have a black, square 8 wire connector, and a wide light grey connector. If someone could post something helpful, that would be great.
© CEG Archives