Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Anyone know if it is a new trend or not?

I've seen two cars rolling around here listening to rap but with no base. It's mostly vocals and symbols and stuff.

Sounds like rhetoric being blasted out of bullhorns, VERY loud too. Imagine in the movies those jeeps in 3rd world countries that roll around with loudspeakers telling the populace how to act and such, that is what it sounds like.
Maybe they're using Sony amps for the subs, LOL.

Sorry. I'll stop now.
yeah I've heard it to.. so loud that they manage to distort the tweets. There will be a rap song and video about it soon I'm sure to further spread the craze.. There will be the typical foundation for any rap video- the half naked women, jewelry, cash, and a car or SUV with 22s. But when they open up the trunk there will be all kinds of 4 channel amplifiers tooked up to piezo tweeters. I can see it now.
Okay. Just wondering what to expect. I lmao when I heard the guy down the street the first time sounding like the Cheech and Chong Ice Cream truck on crack cocaine.
Originally posted by warmonger:
. I lmao when I heard the guy down the street the first time sounding like the Cheech and Chong Ice Cream truck on crack cocaine.

LMAO.
OK, we got one in my town now too! It's a early 80's Cutlass (maybe an 84?) on 22's (can you say HIGHRIDER?) With the LOUDEST mids and highs ever. I think the trend will last about three more months, by then they'll all be DEAF

I just figured he couldn't afford subs and instead bought a [censored] ton of Walmart tweeters.

But his car is a clean Cutlass, still ghetto.
Ok if you think loudspeakers are goofy, just look at this. this is the new trend, these are showing up everywhere, i respect it, but man oh man does it look goofy!!

DONK box & bubble bia!!

good explaination and pics

and man o man is it ghetto
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
Ok if you think loudspeakers is goofy, just look at this. this is the new trend, these are showing up everywhere, i respect it, but man oh man does it look goofy!!

DONK box & bubble bia!!

JESUS AGED CHRIST!!! WTF is up with Florida? The dirty south is now the ghetto "bubblicious south" I dunno, it's so nasty that I can't even make a reply that makes sense!!!
Posted By: GS474 Re: New Trends, loudspeakers in ghetto cars? - 06/02/06 08:15 PM
they all come from san antonio tx there ain't a day that goes by with out seeing some peice of crap car with huge tweeters mounded behind the back seat or mounted on the head rest
theres even a contour riding around like that here

annoying as hell but its better then the people that drive around with a [censored] ton on trunk raddle
Ok if you think loudspeakers are goofy, just look at this. this is the new trend, these are showing up everywhere, i respect it, but man oh man does it look goofy!!

DONK box & bubble bia!!

I think "Donk" is short for donkey, because it looks like ASS!
i dont know why anyone would give respect to someone that would go out and spend a bunch of money to make a kick a$$ car look like sh@t, what ever happend to the candy paint and the west coast low rider look? that was at least a bit tastefull.....i dont know about this new thing at all
Well, its official then. In the smaller town areas I've seen big rims on [censored] cars and a couple with loudspeakers. Obviously its big in the south now and will spread everywhere. Hey it looks like shyte but they said that about minitrucks and lowriders back in the day too. It will take some getting used to though. THe loudspeakers got to go....thats a ticket and a half waiting to happen.

I say we start tearing into garage sales for every 1970s home stereo system, the ones with the huge horn tweeters in them, pick 'em up for a $1 before anyone figures it out and start selling 'em on Ebay for $100 a pair as "official speakers to Donk your ride" or something like that.
"official speakers to Donk your ride"

LMMFAO! You may just be on to something there! 1981 Cutlass + 1981 Marantz horn tweeters for "Donkers"= retirement money!
If you find those speakers, sell them to me for 100.00
The no bass all mid/tweet has been around for a while. Not sure what the reason. Maybe the baller is low on ends or they got jacked for their subs...

Since the 90's though using 4" mids in groups of four per door (Earthquake must have sold 2000 of these in C-town alone) and tweets everytwhere have been in Cleveland. We get fools riding down in the flats with doors open, people on roofs, all sorts of dumb [censored]. I cant see why folks need stickers with their rim size on the car, maybe they got tired of people asking, but isnt that the point of huge rims, to draw attention to your self....

Vdub needs to add that to their new commercials....
All the money spent on rims left nothing for the expensive subs and amps.

Kmart Kraco speakers is all they could afford till their babys-mommas-sisters-cousin gives em some more cash.

Kmart Kraco speakers is all they could afford till their babys-mommas-sisters-cousin gives em some more cash.

or until the next welfare check comes in.. If anybody ever takes the chicago train from the suburbs that goes past the projects, you'll see everybody out side playing dice and soo many late 80's, early 90's cadillacs with huge rims on them.. Talk about messed up priorities, status symbols are #1 in my book over financal stability
Same in Pittsburgh. My students care more about their rims and what Jordan's they have than about their education. Unfortunately, it's not just down south.
Thankfully, haven't noticed the no bass thing, though. That just means we are behind the times. Some people have no sense.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New Trends, loudspeakers in ghetto cars? - 06/05/06 03:43 PM
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
and soo many late 80's, early 90's cadillacs with huge rims on them.. Talk about messed up priorities, status symbols are #1 in my book over financal stability

But at the end of the day, they still have a late 80's, early 90's Cadillac.

Mark
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
The no bass all mid/tweet has been around for a while. Not sure what the reason. Maybe the baller is low on ends or they got jacked for their subs...

Since the 90's though using 4" mids in groups of four per door (Earthquake must have sold 2000 of these in C-town alone) and tweets everytwhere have been in Cleveland. We get fools riding down in the flats with doors open, people on roofs, all sorts of dumb [censored]. I cant see why folks need stickers with their rim size on the car, maybe they got tired of people asking, but isnt that the point of huge rims, to draw attention to your self....

Vdub needs to add that to their new commercials....

i cant attest to everything he's saying it was easily 4 years ago when i saw the first car at an akron/cleveland area car show with like 8 4" speakers per door.. rolling doors open.. and the best part.. TVs on the front of the head rest..

also i dont have the quote but i respect it. these guys are out there putting straight axles on their rides so they can lift them big enough to put 28" wheels and then spend the money to put down some sick candy paint. When they are done they have a car they can be proud of (obviously thats relative) for less than the price of a lot of new cars. I personally think they are silly looking and remind me of a clown car, but just because i dont like it dosent mean i can't respect it.

also i dont have the quote but i respect it. these guys are out there putting straight axles on their rides so they can lift them big enough to put 28" wheels and then spend the money to put down some sick candy paint. When they are done they have a car they can be proud of (obviously thats relative) for less than the price of a lot of new cars. I personally think they are silly looking and remind me of a clown car, but just because i dont like it dosent mean i can't respect it.

I don't think respect is the word you want
Quote:

respect: verb [ trans. ] admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements : she was respected by everyone she worked with

a better word would be this:
Quote:

tolerate |??t?¤l????r?t| verb [ trans. ] allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference

Originally posted by PurpleMystique:

a better word would be this:
Quote:

tolerate |??t?¤l????r?t| verb [ trans. ] allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference

LOL.. ok so respect isnt quite the word
The reason why you are hearing the mids and highs more than the base is beacause they are mounting marine speakers in the front grills and under the cars now so everyone listens to what is being played not just the people inside anymore.
Yeah, I'd heard a few of these before and I just figured they were driving an '80s POS and were too poor for subs, but again last night a plain-jane '80s impala stopped at the stop light in front of my house and blasted the mids and highs of his music. I'm estimating 1-2 years white kids will pick up this and start doing it, at which point it will become uncool and black people will move on to something else.
Hahaha, no doubt. Can't wait.
© CEG Archives