Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
im buying stuff for my new car today. i cant seem to get a consensus on what size speakers my car has. everyone from Circuit City to Steeda to Crutchfield to ebay seems to think differently.

i have an 03 Cobra convertible. it has the Bose system. Mach 460? i believe the speakers (in the rear) are different from the coupe.

anyone?
i can look hold on

6x8's in the doors and the Tweeters on the mirror covers
6x8's and amps inthe rear

ahh the vert has a diff rear but i can't find out what they are.
per an ebay auction, it appears there is a 6" speaker with a tweeter back there. in some kinda speaker box that goes on the sides.

also, im looking at getting either Circuit City's Polk db components or Kicker. they are both $200 but the Polk has a waay higher handling capacity. ill be powering with an Eclipse 4x100w amp. i need them to be loud to hear them over the wind/exhaust when the vert top is down
don't you mean over the SC??????

Umm i could see a 6" and a tweeter back there. are you doing the install?
cant even hear the sc with the catless xpipe and magnaflow exhaust

yep, ill be doing the install. its a pita but it beats shelling out hundreds of dollars for something i know how to do. im just lazy.. in fact, im buying the stuff now, but itll probably sit on the floor, in the way, for another 6 months
Ill help ya do the install for a Nano

if you have never wired a 460 your in for a treat! pretty much you need to start over from scrach
yeah, from what i hear you need to rip out EVERYTHING!

just yank it all out and run all new.....right?
yup
that was the plan. done it to every other car ive destro..er...installed on.

so Polk or Kicker? or Alpine? how about Jensen??
LOL!!!!!!!!

Jensen! ha

depends on what your using them for.
for skeet shooting. skeet skeet skeet skeet! wtf is up with Jensen making expensive in dash dvds anyways?

still cheaper than everyone soo umm i dont know
I have polk speakers and they do very well with mid-bass and have low distortion.

This is going to sound bad but I have a jensen headunit and subs. The headunit is decent, it contrast with my car well and doesn't stand out. The HU has a 75 watt RMS rating and can't find my exact model at any store last time I checked. The subwoofers are awesome, I can't seem to find their limits. They are 400 RMS with a 250 RMS Rockford amp powering them. There are many reviews on the subs saying they are as good as compition, but I doubt that.

As my first setup, it is decent. I don't many friends that have upgraded there sound system to compare my system to, so can't really rate how well it is overall. Some may hate it but I like it and that is what matters.
© CEG Archives