Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GS474 cheap setup - 03/29/06 11:28 PM
i don't come here often because every thing i say is wrong

but that aside is there any body here that knows / can get me a good deal

on a 12" compition sub with box Bandpass preferbly but at this point i couldn't give a rats butt

thanks in advance for any help (going through the trouble of reply ing

bottom line i have a decent amp i have a sucky 10" sub with a sucky box i need a stronger box that ain't gonna fall apart when you touch it and i need a sub that you can hear in the trunk the 10" sub is in my back seat i want my back seat back

in the $100.00-$150.00 price range after shipping
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 02:22 AM
you won't get a competition 12" AND a box for $150.
$150 each, with some shopping, could be done.
Posted By: CarpePoon_dup1 Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 02:55 AM
what amp do you have
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 06:17 AM
We still love you over in SC GS! In fact, I was trying to put together a little get-together once I get the new tires put on my truck.
Posted By: getsum111 Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 05:22 PM
I got my Infinity Kappa Perfect 12" on ebay for $80 shipped. That would leave you with about $70 for a box, or box building supplies. I wouldn't classify the Infinity as a competition sub, but there are good deals out there if you check around. You could also check the classifieds, IIRC there were a few nice subs in the Northeast and Eastern Great Lakes classifieds. HTH.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 05:35 PM
go to judysdeals.om or justwoofers.om they got some real nie heap [censored] on there i got to pyramid 1400 watt 12 for 75 bucks shipped!!!!!! lasted 4 years then i put my BIG amp on them and a week later blew both but didn't want bass n e more n e was..
Posted By: Steeda. Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 09:20 PM
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
go to judysdeals.om or justwoofers.om they got some real nie heap [censored] on there i got to pyramid 1400 watt 12 for 75 bucks shipped!!!!!! lasted 4 years then i put my BIG amp on them and a week later blew both but didn't want bass n e more n e was..

What?
Posted By: GS474 Re: cheap setup - 03/30/06 10:33 PM
thanks guys il check out the site

since you said i the comp sub aint happening in the price range what cheap 12" sub would yall recomend

http://justwoofers.com/Boxes_Loaded_Pages/Pyle/Pyle_BP_quoobz.htm

im ordering the 12" 400 Watts Quoobz Bandpass Box

it should work good for my situation
Posted By: Pienstars Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 12:03 AM
Originally posted by GS474:

since you said i the comp sub aint happening in the price range what cheap 12" sub would yall recomend

That's bound to sound like shite. Why not spend the extra 100.00 and get something decent? An old cheap sub that would work well on minimal power would be a JL W0 or W1 series. Either one can be had on ebay fairly cheap.
Posted By: GS474 Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Originally posted by GS474:

That's bound to sound like shite. Why not spend the extra 100.00 and get something decent? An old cheap sub that would work well on minimal power would be a JL W0 or W1 series. Either one can be had on ebay fairly cheap.

ok i will now il have something to hold me over untill i can afford a better sub i have a box coming with this sub later on i can upgrade the sub some way some how

+ it may sound like [censored] but i bet its a improvement over what i have in my car right now

lightning audio 10" from walmart
Posted By: getsum111 Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 11:59 AM
I've got a 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch that I'll let go cheap. It's not the best, but it'll sound better than those. PM me for a price, if your interested.
Posted By: GS474 Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 02:57 PM
shure thing but it will be a while il deal with what i have for now until i can afford a better sub
Posted By: getsum111 Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 05:12 PM
That's cool, but mine would have been cheaper than that.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: cheap setup - 03/31/06 11:58 PM
The infinity kappa perfect sub is amazing, but nowhere near a competition sub. A competition sub is not clear what so ever and sounds like [censored] for regular music.

If you do not care about sound quality then that shoudl be the only reason why you would get a comp sub.

Dont buy Pyramid, those are horrible.

If you want the cheapest competition sub that is halfway decent, pick up a Power Acoustik MOFO series. Personally i would never buy that because i do not like comp subs.

But if you really want a comp sub for cheap and only want a sub for SPL then get that power acoustik mofo
Posted By: Reverend DBZ Jr Re: cheap setup - 04/01/06 01:17 AM
I've already PMed him with this suggestion. It has slightly more power handling than a JL12w3 and of course slightly more excursion. It doesn't really give an applicable BL #, so i'm guessing the curve is flat as hell. Everything else seems about average, so i'd guess this speaker would compete with $300 type "mainstream" drivers.
Posted By: GS474 Re: cheap setup - 04/01/06 08:02 AM
i clicked on the link and wow that sub looks if powered right like it blow the doors off my car
© CEG Archives