Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/16/02 04:51 PM
Probably only for CEG purposes, about as likely as the Ontario and Quebec merger.
Posted By: The-Ghosst Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/16/02 08:25 PM
I'm thinkin the GTA / Ottawa & Montreal / Kitchener & WL forums are all merged into this "Eastern Canada" forum.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 03:03 AM
Kinda makes the GTA in our location superfluous, if not cryptic. I think I'll try to delete it.

GTA gone!
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 03:16 AM
Yup. We tried to merge forums so there wouldn't be so many. KW only had 168 threads in it, Montreal only had 78. No sense in having three forums when there is only enough traffic to sustain one.
In reply to:

Originally posted by The-Ghosst
I'm thinkin the GTA / Ottawa & Montreal / Kitchener & WL forums are all merged into this "Eastern Canada" forum.

I think that the GTA should retain its own branch. You guys were fairly busy...

Better yet, there should be forums for major cities like LA, NY, Chicago, Toronto, etc, etc... All this lumping is gonna splinter the groups that existed BNF... I mean how is a person from Toronto gonna go to a meet in Montreal? But they are in the same branch... But, I am not the one making decisions.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 04:25 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by perry
Yup. We tried to merge forums so there wouldn't be so many. KW only had 168 threads in it, Montreal only had 78. No sense in having three forums when there is only enough traffic to sustain one.

Ottawa/Montreal was relatively new, KW seemed to be dead, and GTA was limping, particularly when Ghosst was away, IMO.

Canada, rather than Eastern Canada might be a better name.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 05:03 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by dmair
In reply to:

Ottawa/Montreal was relatively new, KW seemed to be dead, and GTA was limping, particularly when Ghosst was away, IMO.

Canada, rather than Eastern Canada might be a better name.

I don't know about that. I was doing my best to pump some life into the heart of the GTA. I think we need more organized events to help spark the intrest again.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 05:42 AM
Unfortunately it's frequency of posts that they are measuring, not quality.

p.s. I guess you've seen the Silver '98 SVT FS post.
Wipe that off your face.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 07:47 AM
Here in the great white north with Bob. You know Bob he works in a office you know in Canada, office Bob....... After all for me to drive from Windsor to the Quebec border is only what 800km? I agree a little more divison may be required here, I mean the area that eastern Canada forum covers is close in size to half the U.S. or more!! There is no need for a Kitchener forum, but I say keep the GTA and the Montreal ones alive. Just my .02
Posted By: The-Ghosst Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 10:26 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by Horseydug:

Thanks for the vote of confidence D. It seems like summer takes the life out of a lot of the groups I visit except car audio. Even the pool guys switch over to daylight and start to go ...ugh... outside!

While I agree that the GTA is kinda busy and that Ottawa/Montreal was just starting out, if Lance wants us rolled into one, who am I to argue?

We'll just have the largest member base; Ottawa, Montreal, Kitchener, Waterloo, London, Buffalo, Barrie, Inisfil, Newmarket, Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Mississauga, Pickering, Darlington, Oshawa, Guelph, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Oakville, Stoneycreek, Niagra Falls, St Catherines, Bolton, Nepean, Gloucester, LaSalle, Hawkesbury, Rockland, Orleans, Hull, Peterborough, etc...

I think if we have a post that relates to our area we should just title it like:

(GTA) Meet this weekend!
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 02:58 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by dmair
Unfortunately it's frequency of posts that they are measuring, not quality.

p.s. I guess you've seen the Silver '98 SVT FS post.
Wipe that off your face.

Rub it in why don't ya.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 03:02 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by The-Ghosst
In reply to:

We'll just have the largest member base; Ottawa, Montreal, Kitchener, Waterloo, London, Buffalo, Barrie, Inisfil, Newmarket, Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Mississauga, Pickering, Darlington, Oshawa, Guelph, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Oakville, Stoneycreek, Niagra Falls, St Catherines, Bolton, Nepean, Gloucester, LaSalle, Hawkesbury, Rockland, Orleans, Hull, Peterborough, etc...
(GTA) Meet this weekend!

I can't let you leave out Brampton . We only have a population of 300,XXX people and quite a few members including moi.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 03:15 PM
SVTCANUK, you have a PM.

p.s. Screen says you will be notified when you sign on, don't know if you can read without logging off.
Posted By: The-Ghosst Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/17/02 03:39 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by Rob Shaw
I can't let you leave out Brampton

Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/18/02 03:12 AM
Looks like Ghosst traded Brampton for Buffalo, but kept Hamilton, on his City listings; unusual choice.

California has about the same population as Canada, note their forum's thread/post count. Probably explained by the high number of erotic blondes in exotic convertibles.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: B.C. cedes and joins US NorthWest - 08/18/02 11:11 AM
KW is dead

Aside from me being a post wh0re with a Focus, the only other person from KW that posted seemed to be Gerald. Everyone in the tri-cities seems to be more concerned with their big SUVs and minivans, coupled with a few bad examples of domestic and import rice.

And based with my recent experience with my dealership, some of these owners may want to re-ignite their passion for the Contiques. They may be gettin' a ride of their life without even knowing it.
© CEG Archives