Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bozman_dup1 Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 12:36 PM
Well I have had my svt since 2000 it's a 1998 and it's finaly time to depart with it i will be placing it in the autotrader shortly figured i would put a note on here first to make available to fellow CEG people it's a 1998 silver SVT high milage comple new motor from donway ford full block two set's of rim's and willwood front caliper's full exaust and suspension full piller guages compustar alarm etc etc pioneer stereo will post in classifides with pic's shortyl

Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 01:01 PM
Originally posted by bozman:
Well I have had my svt since 2000 it's a 1998 and it's finaly time to depart with it i will be placing it in the autotrader shortly figured i would put a note on here first to make available to fellow CEG people it's a 1998 silver SVT high milage comple new motor from donway ford full block two set's of rim's and willwood front caliper's full exaust and suspension full piller guages compustar alarm etc etc pioneer stereo will post in classifides with pic's shortyl

Good luck selling it...There are a lot of cheapskates on AutoTrader so be prepared for a lot of lowball offers.

BTW...what are you asking?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 03:15 PM
Mike it's sad to see the SVT go, but have fun with the A4 1.8T and yes you will be modifying it .

Aaron
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 03:44 PM
What is high mileage?
Posted By: bozman_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 04:29 PM
260 thou on the car and 150 on the motor
Posted By: KyleH Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/09/06 11:18 PM
Originally posted by lauraq:
What is high mileage?

Bah...just barely broken in.
Posted By: Nate Payeur_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/10/06 06:39 AM
Well... it looks like i'm joining you too.

I just put my car in the Classified section today. Although mine has less then half the k's.

What are you asking for yours?

Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/10/06 02:24 PM
Nate say it isn't so . Did you decide what year M5 you wanted to get?

Aaron
Posted By: Nate Payeur_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/10/06 06:02 PM
Looking for a 2000 or 2001. Took one out last night which was a pretty good deal. To be honest, a lot of them are really wrecked up. People don't seem to take care of them. Even the 2003's have curbed rims, dents etc. I guess it's one of those things that i want the new car to at least be in the condition of the old one.

The problem is, it's pretty pointless to trade in an CSVT since dealers only consider them Contours, not SVTs. (Direct quote - The CSVT is just a regular contour with extra stuff and a little more power :P ). Then he proceeded to tell me that the CSVT was comparible to a Caviler Z24. (had a chuckle at that.) How any J body can be compared to a Contour i'm not sure.

I wonder if they would say a SVT Cobra is just a Mustang with a gussied up engine as well. Meanwhile they'd turn around and sell it for $11000.

Dealer 1

Dealer 2
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/10/06 09:12 PM
That silver SVT is Pascals old SVT .

Budds' BMW in Oakville had a really sweet E39 M5 and let me tell you this guy maintained extremely well and was very very picky. The put brand new tires on the car as well and it was Cert Series as well. They wanted like $60,000 I think but the car only had 55,000km on it. This car looked like it was sitting in the showroom for the past few year.

"The CSVT is just a regular contour with extra stuff and a little more power :P ). Then he proceeded to tell me that the CSVT was comparible to a Caviler Z24. (had a chuckle at that.) How any J body can be compared to a Contour i'm not sure."

That is the best thing I have heard all day .

Aaron
Posted By: Nate Payeur_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/11/06 04:04 AM
I found a 2000 M5 in Woodbridge. They're asking $35800 for it with 96k which is a really good price. It silver though and I really don't want ANOTHER silver car after having a silver SHO and CSVT. :P I'm looking for avis blue which is apparently hard to find.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/11/06 04:43 AM
The one at Budds' was the dark blue which is a beautiful colour. If you want a rare E39 M5 try finding a white one, they look hot .
$35,800 isn't that bad at all, I hope you are ready for maintence costs on an M car lol.

Aaron
Posted By: Nate Payeur_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 02:44 AM
Ya, i'm sure the $400 oil changes will kill me, but what the hell. I'll probably get a warranty anyway just in case. A M5 motor can cost anywhere from $10,000+ dollars which is almost as expesive as a engine for my old v8 SHO.

I REALLY want blue though. I almost picked one up a month ago but was too late. It was exactly what i wanted, avis blue with titanium trim interior and blue leather inserts. Some guy bought it hours before i walked in. Lesson... gotta jump on those right away!

I'm not diggin the white so much for some reason. I've never been a fan of the black side molding on e39's so I think i like the darker colours because they cover it up.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 03:18 AM
The way the service scheduale works is every 25,000km or 1 year which ever comes first. It goes Oil Service ($400), then Inspection 1 and Brake Fluid flush ($700ish), then Oil Service, then it goes Inspection 2 along with a Brake Fluid and Coolant Flush (1,200). Brake fluid is changed every 2 years from production date and coolant flush every 4years from production date.

It is also very common for the car to consume quite a bit of oil, a litre every few thousand KM sometimes sooner and it's $15/litre for the oil used in "M" vehicles

Aaron
Hope this hasn't scare you
Posted By: Nate Payeur_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 07:17 PM
Oh ya, i know all about the things that come with owning a bimmer.

From the oil consumption and stupid stock clutch in the E39 and the M3 I6s that auto-destruct.

Driving them makes you forget all about those things...
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 07:42 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the clutch problem with the M5. Yes I do agree that driving them puts a big grin on your face. Which ever one you find good luck and enjoy .

Aaron
Posted By: canamSVT Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 08:09 PM
Selling the SVT was a hard thing to do, but once I got into my 1.8T,I didn't look back. Now that I have the motor all done, it's a lot faster then my old 3L Hybrid..

The SVT is still a good looking car that turns Heads
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/12/06 08:52 PM
Originally posted by canamSVT:
Selling the SVT was a hard thing to do, but once I got into my 1.8T,I didn't look back. Now that I have the motor all done, it's a lot faster then my old 3L Hybrid..

The SVT is still a good looking car that turns Heads

I'm sure I'll feel the same once I pick up my new car as well in a week or so. I'll be upset when I see it change hands but I am doing it so I can move forward with other things in my life that take priority.
Posted By: bozman_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/13/06 02:03 PM
Well I got my for sale sighns up already and i got my new car on thursday already a 01 audi A4 1.8T quattro i love it already got rim's on friday and getting exaust today so the SVT is sitting outside with the forsale sighns on her now
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/13/06 03:38 PM
HAHAHA Mike I told you that you wouldn't leave the A4 alone .

Aaron
Posted By: bozman_dup1 Re: Time To Sell The SVT - 05/13/06 11:51 PM
yah i couldn't stop myself was looking at computer work for it today to at JRP this afternoon lol i can't stop
© CEG Archives